• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Golden Chakravartin's Mantra Beams Speed Calc

So I watched the scene where Chakravartin in his enormous golden form fires a mantra blast towards Asura and the Earth. I'd always known he was MFTL+, but I decided to do a quick calculation as to exactly how MFTL+ Chakra's attacks are.

In the video, Chakra is shown to be at the centre of the Milky Way 26,000 light years away - his presence causing the rest of the galaxy galaxy to gravitate towards him. The wiki states this as well.

Chakravartin
Screen cap

At the 1:46 mark, after charging up, Chakravartin fires the beam:

Chakravartin2.5
Screencap with time stamp

Just after the 2:12 mark, the beam hits Asura and Earth:

Chakravartin3
Ditto

Now obviously because this is Asura's Wrath, the scene contained a number of Quicktime Events that could alter the result depending on the speed at which they were performed. However, since the QTEs on the video used were completed at a consistent speed, I don't think it had as much influence on the calc as it could have.

In documenting the time between discharge and impact, I got a result of 25.82 seconds.

Bunging in the values for distance and time into this Speed Distance Time calculator, I calculated the beam speed to be 31,778,152,091 x FTL.

Sdt

Please feel free to review the evidence and alert me if any mistakes were made.

You should probably inform Matthew Schroeder about this thread.

Okay. If you wish to upgrade the speeds of Asura and Chakravartin, somebody should preferably insert the calculation into a blog post, so it can be linked to afterwards.

Ah alright. Then if we can't use that, then use this then. But as Ant said, The OP would have to put the one done here into a blog post, then link it afterwards.

And yea, the one done here looks alright.

Back