• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Third and final part of my epic revision of Asura's Wrath, presenting the last batch of characters who needed updates.

But first, a few minor additions that I had missed out for characters we handled in the previous threads.

Asura (Episode 5-11 onward): Aura His vestiges give off an aura of anger, causing the Gohma to appear rarely in that area. (Ref. interlude 8)
Yasha: Clairvoyance: He and Deus could follow the battle between Augus and Asura without direct means
Chakravartin: Further Telepathy: They should have such ability even in their Golden Spider key, as they could talk to the revived Asura while still residing in Naraka

And now, I present the main topic of this thread. You can see the whole sandbox here

Wyzen

Old Profile, New Profile

General changes:
  • Merged the three different keys into a single one, as they cover the same time period, only different transformations
  • New pics for his Vajra and Gongen Form
  • Overall improvement of summary, intelligence, stamina and weaknesses
  • Removed the N&T because it's just too irrelevant
P&A

• Immortalities and Regeneration: All of them. We've already established that demigods only have good longevity, while the others have never displayed any of the other types they currently have. Even type 2 is really questionable, since not all demigods have the same resilience Asura has. For example, gutting was enough to kill both Augus and Sergej, and they generally lack feats of such kind.
  • Resistance to Cold: Classic outdated resistance due to old misconceptions on how space works.
  • Shapeshifting and Size Manip: Unnecessary, Transformation already covers them both
  • True Flight into Limited Flight: (Wyzen can propel and maneuver[4] himself through the vacuum of space at great speed. While on Earth, he can float in the air[2] for a few moments)

Augus

Old Profile, New Profile

General changes:
  • Replaced his Dwarf Star star level via Wailing Dark with a "higher". This because we don't really know the outcome of the battle between Deus and Augus, nor how effective the sword is. Moreover, Asura shatters it at the end of the battle, and at that point he was still much weaker than Deus.
  • Overall improvement of summary, range, intelligence, stamina and weaknesses
  • I removed some of his weaknesses because his cockyness and arrogance never proved to be a weakness for him, since such personality traits are not hinderances by default. Also, he didn't really prolong the battle with Asura at all, and not drawing out the sword immediately isn't a weakness, otherwise we'd give it every character who doesn't pull out their strongest attack at the beginning of every battle.
P&A

• Immortalities and Regeneration: Same as above
  • Resistance to Cold: Same as above
  • True Flight into Limited Flight: Although unable to fly while on Earth, Augus can propel and maneuver[3] himself through the vacuum of space at great speed in a similar fashion to his fellow demigods. Somehow reached the Moon, where he battled Asura)

Deus

Old Profile, New Profile

General changes:
  • Merged the two different keys into a single one, as they cover the same time period, only with different forms
  • Removed the Sakra Devanam picture because it feels unnecessary, idk, and most of it can be seen by going into the Karma Fortress file
  • Overall improvement of summary, intelligence, range, stamina and such
  • Added the Karma Fortress as standard equipment
  • Added a few weaknesses
P&A

• Immortalities and Regeneration: Same as above
  • Resistance to Cold: Same as above
  • Flight: Even though he should technically scale to the other four demigods, this isn't a inherent ability of their race, and he technically never showed it, so I'm unsure whether or not he should have it
  • Large Size: Downgraded to type 5, as the scan usedto justify it is a concept art showing a Fortress much bigger than how it ended up being in the game

Karma Fortress

Old Profile, New Profile

General changes:
  • New Profile Picture
  • Switched from a Character Profile format to a Weapon Profile format
  • Added some weaknesses
P&A

Gohma Vlitra

Old Profile, New Profile

General changes:
  • Merged the Episode 18 and Vlitra Core keys into a single one
  • New profile pics
  • Overall improvement of summary, intelligence, stamina and such
P&A

• Immortality type 1 (Seems to fall under inorganic physiology by default, given what it is)
  • Teleportation: I don't have any idea of why it should have such ability
  • Resistances: Cold (misconception on space and idk it's a planet), Heat (pointless, given that it is its physiology), Radiations (same again, it's a planet)

Gohma

Old Profile, New Profile

General changes:
  • New profile pic and general improvements to everything concerning their status as a civilization file, since as of now it's a mix between that and a character file
  • Added a section with pics and infos for every type of Gohma
  • Added Vlitra's stuff to the profile
AP

The Gohma are currently split into two keys, for Weaker and Stronger ones. For starters, such distinction isn't made very clear, and the AP description makes it look like there are weaker and stronger types of Gohma even within the same variation, which is not the case, or at least nothing ever shows it. The difference in strength between the Gohma has always being marked by theri impurity level.

Aside from that, Street to City Block level are unjustified token tier given through arbitrary eyeballing. The stronger Gohma also have completely absurd levels, since their AP is equal or superior to the durability of the strongest "normal" Gohma, the Carrier, whose destruction is what makes the verse characters 6-B to begin with. At most 5-A is even more nonsensical, since their strength would even surpass that of Vlitra (at least the first form) and I don't think I need to explain it why.

Also, as showed in the new AP section (which you'll find here below), the Gohma have never been a serious threat to anyone, at least individually. Even the weakest of the 8 Generals can oneshot the strongest Gohma and they are generally taken out with extreme ease, aside when they come into large quantity, and even then they would still hurt the demigods through many attacks.

Unknown stats are the only reasonable tier possible, as they aren't consistent with their own in-verse classification, with some Game Mechanics thrown in there and them wearing the main characters out only through chip damage.

Even the second strongest of the Gohma, the Carrier, can be destroyed in a single blow[6] by Wyzen, the weakest among the Eight Guardian Generals. All Gohma are generally[6] no match[3] for stronger demigods when taken individually.[7] Their true strength is represented by their sheer numbers and relentlessness,[8] which make them a tangible threat[9] for even the likes of Asura and Yasha

P&A

Removed Regeneration: Not a single Gohma has ever regenerated from anything

Last edited:
Looks good to me bossman, though I'm neutral on removing Flight from Deus' profile and the whole AP shenanigans with the Gohma.

Looks good to me bossman, though I'm neutral on removing Flight from Deus' profile and the whole AP shenanigans with the Gohma.
Deus can even have "Likely limited Flight" or whatever, it would be fine to me.

Minor thing, but didn't Vajra Wyzen take a lot of hits from Vajra Asura during their fight.

Yeah he got stomped, but he still took a beatdown and was relatively fine.

Yes, but that Vajra Asura has yet to undergo the rage boost that will make him strong enough to kill Gongen Wyzen.
All of Asura's key are seen from a perspective of the final power level he reaches before entering the next key.

Yes, but that Vajra Asura has yet to undergo the rage boost that will make him strong enough to kill Gongen Wyzen.
All of Asura's key are seen from a perspective of the final power level he reaches before entering the next key.
Ah, that makes a lot of sense.

Nvm, then.

But since Asura used like 100 punches on Wyzen's finger and broke 5 of his 6 arms doing so, is it really ok scaling him to the full explosion?

As a question, where does the Dwarf Star stuff come from? Is it upscaling? If so then it should probably be explained somewhere.

But since Asura used like 100 punches on Wyzen's finger and broke 5 of his 6 arms doing so, is it really ok scaling him to the full explosion?
The interpretation of the feat so far (with which I agree) is that the flurry of punches was meant to stop the pushing of the finger, while the last punch (which represents the cap of Asura's power up) is the one that actually delivered the final blow.
Scene. In order we see

• Asura getting crushed and overpowered
  • Having the flashbacks that spark his power up
  • Asura getting back onto his feet, still holding the finger, with tremors and dust falling down, sign that the motion of the finger hasn't halted yet
  • Wyzen worrying about what is happening, followed by the aforementioned flurry of punches
  • After all his arms have been destroyed, Asura stops for a moment and charges his last punch, with Wyzen's finger being motionless
  • A lot of enphasis being put of the last punch, with two QTE only for that and the shockwaves that destroy Wyzen being the result of that one, single punch.

I will make a more detailed description in Asura's AP to clarify the issue.

As a question, where does the Dwarf Star stuff come from? Is it upscaling? If so then it should probably be explained somewhere.
Yes, I forgot to add it to the verse page.

The upscaling so far goes that charcters on Base Deus's level scale to baseline High 5-A.
This because there's a 1.6x difference between Wyzen's death and baseline High 5-A (16 ronnatons). The scaling so far goes as such:

Ep. 6 Asura (9.9 ronnatons) < Yasha, who was unharmed by a rage boosted Asura
Asura started matching Yasha only after becoming Berserk, a power up occurred after he had powered-up even more against Augus.
That Yasha then is completely unable to damage Deus, who in turn oneshots him.
Asura and Yasha had then to work together in order to defeat Deus, and the latter even needed yet another power up.

With all these power-ups, oneshots and only a 1.6x difference, the upscaling was considered enough.
Admittedly, using Deus as a threshold is kind of arbitrary, since both Asura and Yasha also receive further power-ups, before the verse becomes 3-B.

Imho, the upscaling is still warranted and I'm not sure which character should be the threshold to High 5-A.
If we want to be super safe, we can use Mantra Asura, Final Yasha and Final Gohma Vlitra, since they are the strongest characters to appear before the coming of the 3-B rating.

The upscaling is fine.

A rather large gap (since we usually don't condone anything beyond a 1.3x gap), but with the circumstances mentioned above, I think it's acceptable in this situation.

If it gets accepted thoroughly, I'll make a better and more concise explanation in the verse page under the "calculations" tabber.

Perfect.
To be completely safe and respectful of the wiki rules, I'd say to move the threshold of High 5-A only to the aforementioned three versions of Asura, Yasha and Vlitra which represent the power ceiling of the verse before Chakravartin.

Perfect.
To be completely safe and respectful of the wiki rules, I'd say to move the threshold of High 5-A only to the aforementioned three versions of Asura, Yasha and Vlitra which represent the power ceiling of the verse before Chakravartin.
Agreed.

A 1.6x multiplier is really, really pushing it for upscaling.

Is everyone fine with the proposals?
We've got a bunch of agreements, two of which are staff, so I might even proceed and apply the changes.

Good, then I'll go on and apply everything.

It's been a good run, I came to enjoy this game and discover much more about it than when I played it personally, there's still a lot that could be uncovered and explored honestly, in terms of world building and characters, if Capcom will ever decide to make anything about the franchise...
I'm working on another profile for the Shinkoku Trastrium civilization, since the game and the in-game lore provides a lot of details about it, so expect to see it soon.

Now my Wrath... is finally.... gone

Good, then I'll go on and apply everything.

It's been a good run, I came to enjoy this game and discover much more about it than when I played it personally, there's still a lot that could be uncovered and explored honestly, in terms of world building and characters, if Capcom will ever decide to make anything about the franchise...
I'm working on another profile for the Shinkoku Trastrium civilization, since the game and the in-game lore provides a lot of details about it, so expect to see it soon.
This game was such a blast, and really deep too.

Also, speaking of the Shinkoku civilization, IIRC the flagships can take hits from Berserker Asura (such as Olga's).
How I felt 1.5 weeks ago when I finished my last college assignment for the entire semester.

Also, speaking of the Shinkoku civilization, IIRC the flagships can take hits from Berserker Asura (such as Olga's).
Yes, but even the strongest ships (the Sepentrions) could be destroyed by a much weaker Asura, since he blows up Wyzen and Kalrow's.
Them not being immediately annihilated in their entirety is less durability and more Asura's all out attack not striking them all at once with some PIS due to dramatic effect. The same ships could also be pierced and destroyed by Gohma that are below 6-B.

Back