• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku's Saiyan Saga Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So apprently during a VS Thread of Goku vs Link, Kaen brought up a point that i'm pretty sure nobody didn't think much enough about.

He said that Goku is Planet level with Kaioken x4 and that his base form is something like this:

"Goku Is Planet level...with KKx4. Base Goku is at least Small Planet level+, likely Planet level"

Basically i was wondering if anyone thinks we should revise Goku's SS (Saiyan Saga) tier to something like what he pointed out the above.

Like his Base would be "At least Low 5-B, likely 5-B" And i think we still keep the 5-B tier but note that that's with Goku being KKx3 and up.

IDK how much this would affect Vegeta given that he's superior to Nappa at his full power and how Goku needed to go KKx3 just to be able to beat him up. But i'll leave him to the rest of y'all.

Edit: Nvrmind, Vegeta being Planet level seems fine enough given his power compared to Nappa....i think.

Though this didn't came out as much as i had in mind when making this, but thoughts on this here? Ant thinks this is reasonable and i also think that what Kaendragneel(?) pointed out earlier is alright as well.

At least Small planet level+, Planet level with Kaioken x3 and 4 is good.

Goku is Planet level from Kaiokenx3 and up via Stalemating Vegeta's Galick Gun.

Vegeta's planet level rating isn't because of being so superior to Nappa, it's because of this quote

so "SMall planet level+, Planet level with kaioken multipliers" sounds good to me

also, isnt non kaioken saiyan saga goku like not that far ahead of nappa?

so small planet+ isnt a problem

Yeah, he was pretty hellbent on turning it into dust.

Actually, considering Vegeta says hes going to turn it the earth into dust, I wonder if we wouldn't just give Goku leeway and simply say hes Planet level with Kaioken.

Turning the planet to ashes would put it a bit further into Planet level, couple this with the fact a much weaker Piccolo has a rather casual small planet level+ feat and I think it's pretty reasonable

So At least Small Planet level+ Planet level with Kaioken is what i'd suggest

@Aizen: You know that reminds me, shouldn't we also expand a bit more on Vegeta's Planet level tier based on not only him being superior to Nappa and Base Goku, but also put a scan of that that you showed me a few minutes ago?

It may seem unnessecery given that we know that Vegeta is obviously of that level, it just seems like something i'd like to have for him on his page though?

He'd be Low 5-B at the start of the Saiyan Saga anyways due to being roughly equal to Piccolo.

Alright so 3 people have agreed thus far. Well 4 since i suppose Prom agrees with this as well?

Pretty much. Reviewing the profiles I noticed that, though there are many ratings per saga, many refuse to say in what forms such statistics are viable. Not helpful with people who aren't familiar with the franchise (or more realistically, casual debaters who haven't watched it in years).

Promestein said:
He'd be Low 5-B at the start of the Saiyan Saga anyways due to being roughly equal to Piccolo.
im sure that base goku had a higher power level than saiyan saga piccolo

and he was at least a little above nappa, and nappa killed piccolo

There is another possibility. we rated Base Goku as planet level for being far above Piccolo for a casual high end small planet level feat; the difference in their Powerlevels from when Piccolo destroyed the moon to Goku's Base power level fighting Nappa is about 20x~ off the top of my head.

Just some food for thought. I have no real opinion on either of it, don't think theres a real a right or wrong answer here. it comes down to whether or not you think the gap between Early Z Piccolo and Saiyan Saga Goku is enough to warrant the upgrade to Planet level.

In any case we should explain it better on the profile, like we did with Vegeta's just so we are clear.

NOTE: Powerlevels don't go up linearly, otherwise Country level Farmer with shotgun ftw.

Double Note: Piccolos AP seems to be calc'd at either 37 or 46 Zettatons

Planet level begins at 57.3 Zettatons.

LordAizenSama said:
There is another possibility. we rated Base Goku as planet level for being far above Piccolo for a casual high end small planet level feat; the difference in their Powerlevels from when Piccolo destroyed the moon to Goku's Base power level fighting Nappa is about 20x~ off the top of my head.
Just some food for thought. I have no real opinion on either of it, don't think theres a real a right or wrong answer here. it comes down to whether or not you think the gap between Early Z Piccolo and Saiyan Saga Goku is enough to warrant the upgrade to Planet level.

In any case we should explain it better on the profile, like we did with Vegeta's just so we are clear.

NOTE: Powerlevels don't go up linearly, otherwise Country level Farmer with shotgun ftw.

Double Note: Piccolos AP seems to be calc'd at either 37 or 46 Zettatons

Planet level begins at 57.3 Zettatons.
hmmm interdasting... maybe base goku cud still be planet level then

since that piccolo was mid training

That's what i meant. That and everyone at the time is only City level at the most. Roshi being Moon level is considered an absolute outlier.

Also, i suggest you drop the matter of bringing it up as this is about Saiyan Saga Goku's tier.

Perhaps.

Also, the note on Roshi's moon feat is on his page. No character during the Original DB did a feat similar to what he did until DBZ came in, which by that point it's still considered as is.

In any case, i really think you drop this topic. The other people of the staff here have already talked about it plenty of times in the past and they've already explained it. It's getting really annoying...

i do not mean roshi in eny why shap or form i mean piccolo when he destred the moon in z too stop gohan as a grate ap

@Dark, Nappa nor Vegeta aren't being scaled from Roshi, both of them has their own feat; anyway, we can't scale someone from outlier feat

and then some when said that dose not count then i said piccolo i only said rosh in one comment i am not talking about rosh right now. i am talking about piccol

Well Piccolo's is accepted given that he did moon bust and was also a lot stronger than Roshi who was never even implied to have done any training before the start of DBZ.

Anyways this is getting nowhere.

Anyways some of the staff n a couple people of the community have voted on having Goku's Saiyan Saga tier revised based on Kaen pointing that out, so i'm going to attempt to make the changes now.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Well Piccolo's is accepted given that he did moon bust and was also a lot stronger than Roshi who was never even implied to have done any training before the start of DBZ.
thank you now we understand each other i beleva planit level is earth sized and moom level is well moon sized the moon is about 1/4 earth sized and that was early so seans he was stromger then raddish he must have goten twis as strong

Alright then.

But yes, i believe that is the difference between Roshi moon bust feat being an outlier and Piccolo's (casual) moon bust being canon(?). Because one didn't train and was never implied to have done so after the original DB, while the other did train extensively after it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back