• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku's New Abilities

So in the preview of episode 128 we saw the scene in which Goku supposedly got hit by Jiren. Well in episode 129 we later find out that Jiren - who was stated by Whis to still have quite the substantial advantage over Goku physically speaking - did indeed send Goku flying if you will, but it's revealed Goku had used the already fired Kamehameha to form a barrier of his own effectively protecting him from the blast. It was also stated for further confirmation that he did indeed create a legitimate barrier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=855ABkePtEw (Barrier at 0:55)

So shouldn't this be counted as Barrier Creation? Albeit it was shown once, but he still displayed the ability. We also see later on something resembling a barrier, but is pointed out to actually just be Goku blocking despite the obvious speed difference. For a decent amount of time we can clearly see Goku being on the losing end, and it's almost domination at that point due to Jiren's super fast punches being used in conjunction with shockwaves. Then on top of that we see Goku directly switch to offense and land a precise blow on Jiren. It's also confirmed multiple times it was indeed him blocking though he was on the verge of losing from either Stamina or the small platform underneath him breaking, but not because he couldn't block the person who was faster than him. I'd say this might give reason for us to believe that within a reasonable gap (Most likely anyone no higher than MFTL+ speed ranges like himself) Goku can block and/or counterattack as needed even if said person should be faster. We do see in other scenes in the episode that Jiren clearly has an advantage in combat over Goku with Goku in his "Omen" form even being pushed back and forced to fight defensively up until he launches the Kamehameha. So rather than Goku himself being faster than someone overall, it's just his reaction speed and ability to counterattack that are enough to keep up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik0iM14Wr2M (This is the first example of Goku being outsped, go directly to 1:16 for the domination from Jiren to begin.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgW_Wzlk2Qc (Ignore the fake galaxy "feat" very few peeps in the DB powerscaling community or people who debate on behalf of the DB community actually seem to count it as an actual galaxy and neither do I.)

No those barriers specifically only block out poisoning and absorbtion, that's it. Those barriers they displayed at the beginning of the T.O.P. didn't stop them from taking damage.

Those capabilities are only another part of the barriers

No the primary function of said barrier was built around countering Lavander's poison. If you watch the fight over again you can clearly see it's only purpose is for the sake of stopping the poison.

Again those barriers he displayed only keep out poison and prevent absorbtion, they don't prevent taking damage. Watch episode 98 over again. More importantly that's not the main point I'm making here, please read the rest of my post.

Yuraga said:
Again those barriers he displayed only keep out poison and prevent absorbtion, they don't prevent taking damage. Watch episode 98 over again. More importantly that's not the main point I'm making here, please read the rest of my post.
True.

See? So we should be adding Barrier Creation as an ability, not to mention the rest of what I've pointed out is still very relevant.

I feel like anyone who has displayed sufficient Ki manipulation should get the same abilities. Ability scaling works if they have the same power and were stated/demonstrated to be comparable in that field.

Promestein and PaChi already said no since the barriers are already on the profile.

At most you could edit his Notable Techniques section to add those barriers. But I dont think its necessary.

Then let's add it to Notable Techniques, because those other barriers shown earlier in the T.o.P. aren't barriers that prevent damage or stop attacks they just keep out poison and prevent absorbtion.

Back