• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gargoyle, you're the one ignoring the points. You haven't even given a legitimate reason as to why he would lead off with the "EE". And, no, him almost dying to Thor and being biased towards using that ability beforehand because of the goal he has for the plot of the movie/that he doesn't care about or has already achieved in this fight before everything and isn't relavent doesn't count.

A. Again, he was going to do that anyway, best case for him, immediately, and if he was going to toy with the avengers beforeso, then, go to C.

B. Thor was going to kill him if he didn't do it fast. Even then, he couldn't be assed to kill Thor. So does he even have good enough control for it?

C. If Thanos has consistently demonstrated cockiness and a desire to toy with his opponents, seeing as he has no knowledge of what Goku can do, I see no reason why he would be any more inclined to start off with "EE" than he would with anyone weaker than him, in character. Because when he figures out how strong Goku is, omai wa mou shinderu. Too him, like with everyone, Goku is nothing. He night play with him. Notice how against Hulk, he didn't even use the Power Stone? When he could have blasted him apart? Instead, he used his own hands. Remember Tony? He could have blasted him after getting the Time Stone. But he was arrogant enough to not see him as a threat and spare him.

Hell, if Thor could put thru a blast from all 6 stones at once by raw ap alone, Goku would have no problem punching thru anything thanos throws at him.

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
Hell, if Thor could put thru a blast from all 6 stones at once by raw ap alone, Goku would have no problem punching thru anything thanos throws at him.
This implies Thanos' first course of action is to use a generic blast on Goku, despite the fact that this was only his action towards Thor as he had literally just placed the final stone in the gauntlet, and Thor was coming at him...after which Thanos immediately went with his initial plan for erasure.

Well you're right in the fact that I am ignoring points.

Only the ones that make no sense however.

1. That literally points towards him using it to wipe out a random nobody that means nothing to him.

2. Did you miss the part where he was struggling to control the stone in the first place? His only option in that position was to slow Thor's hammer from killing him and then use it.

3. <Instantly Stomps Thor

<Instantly Stomps Hulk, without toying with him in anyway

<Instantly uses a stone against Loki AND the guardians

<Instantly plows through the Avengers to get the mind stone

The only time he did so was on planet Titan, and that changed quick enough.

The funny thing is

<People are using the excuse that against a massive purple Titan who Goku has never seen before he will use instant transmission directly next to him and one shot him despite not knowing his opponent.

Yet they also say Thanos won't go for the Kill against a guy with weird hair.

Ummm.........

Hell, as long the infinity gauntlet isnt infinite in the MCU, i dont see a point to this.

If you can break thru that hax with raw ap alone, i dont see mnything stopping Goku here.

Hell, how about we make this fair and apply the Dragon Ball Hax Rules and see how this goes?

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
If you can break thru that hax with raw ap alone, i dont see mnything stopping Goku here
This ain't dragon ball

And why wasn't this bulkshit closed again?

Goku will do one of two things. One shot Thanos because he is physically fodder and can sense that, one way or another. Or fool around. I don't see him doing the latter in reference to "strong" fodder, and even then, he dispatches fodder in the beginning of dragon Ball quickly enough.

1. Thanos likely thinks everyone sans Gemora is meaningless fodder. If we assume the fight starts with the characters having as fresh of an understanding of each other as possible, he has no reason to suspect Goku of being capable of anything, since he can't sense Ki. Goku is an ant from Thanos' point of view. All Thanos wants to do in this scenario is Kill Goku, and from his perspective, doesn't really think he needs to do anything extra to do so because he looks like just a dude. For all he knows, this is just some random weakling. Not saying he isn't smart, but we don't know if he has omniscience or precog.

2. First, that would imply he may not be able to do what he wants to as easily as everyone says, and, if not, the panicked energy blast at Thor was a PANICKED one. Irrelevant. The important part is that his life was at stake if he didn't use the Wipe. So he was incentivized to carry out the plan he was already gonna do at that exact moment, because if he didn't, he might die and not accomplish it at all. He kinda was pushed into doing it. Not a good example of him leading off with something in character with this set up.

3. Thor was off screen. I will give you that.

Hulk was his "fun partner" according to the Telekinesis user. Everyone on his side was confident that he could effortlessly disassemble Hulk. And he did, low difficulty. He was only pushed against the wall because he was caught off guard. He didn't even use a power stone blast at close range like he did on Titan against Tony.

With Loki and the Guardians, he only Killed Loki after letting him try to kill him instead of immediately after getting the Tesseract. He didn't kill the guardians, or Tony's crew, even when he had the chance to kill Tony.

Even when plowing through the avengers, he doesn't just vaporize them like he could. He has to bother to humor Captain America in his little resistance when he could have done absolutely anything to the entire squad. And when he plowed through, they were still alive, for a few seconds. He even let Wanda live after she broke the stone.

He lets people who he doesn't see as threats live. Consistently. While he was trying to kill the Guardians and Avengers on Titan, when he could have killed them, who actually gave him trouble for more than an instant, he just left them alive. He even let Thor live. Who almost killed him. And a fraction of the avengers.

I do not see any scenario in which he decides to kill Goku from the jump.

Conversely, Goku has plenty of examples of playing games with his opponents. Except Recoome. And King Chappa in the Majunior arc. And some people after Launch. And generally anyone in an army with red ribbons that is a fodder soldier I think...?

Goku has more of a reason to one shot Thanos than the other way around. Thanos isn't even close to closing the gap between him and Recoome. Even with speed Equalized, Thanos is more likely to try and block an attack from Goku, physical or not, and fail than he is to use the supposed existence Erasure.

And Thanos isn't surviving an exchange like that. If he did, and understood how strong Goku was, Goku loses. But not only can Goku obliterate him with any simple gesture, but in H2H, where you and I think Goku would go to first, Goku doesn't even need a clean hit. Thanks can't block in any way. His space shield was fallible against Wanda's concussive blasts, so what would a universal Punch do? If he blocks it physically, which is what he is more likely to do his arm and everything would get turned into paste by the air pressure of the punch, like Jiren did with Maji Kayo.

Spino:

He could do all of those things, I know and agree. But would he? I already made it clear that he doesn't end engagements lethally, even when he has an issue with a compatible opponent. He would only do that if he was aware he was outclassed. But he has no idea. So he'll operate normally and get obliterated for it.

He didn't care about killing any of the Avengers, and was only focused on getting the Mind Stone. This version of Thanos isn't vengeful or blood hungry. Also, literally until Thor, he was operating with an incomplete gauntlet, and before that, they didn't let him use his gauntlet because they prevented him from closing his fist. And Thanos was aware of who the earth team was, demonstrated when he knew who Stark was, along with Strange.

The funny thing is Goku has never actually sensed the strength of an opponent through Hax.

Thanos, at a highball, is 5A, thus leaving Goku to underestimate him as well.

1. This implies Gammorah poses a threat to him, which is wrong, he also used transmutation on Drax and the other woman who he has zero knowledge of whatsoever

2. You saying it was a panicked one literally shows that using that as a reason to show he doesn't lead with it is wrong, you're going against your own point here.

3. That's because he doesn't care to use it against the Avengers, considering that takes more time and he's trying to get the stone, also, you misinterpreted that scene with Cap, an outlier yes, but Cap was legitimately keeping Thanos from squishing him and Thanos is genuinely surprised, it isn't him humouring Cap.

He also didn't let Thor live, you have to remember he literally left a broken Thor on the ship to die and would have died if not for the guardians, that and he couldn't use the gauntlet against after the life wipe as the movie literally shows the gauntlet is damaged.

Every argument that Thanos won't go for the Kill can be used against Goku who has never ever once used his sensing for Hax, but for raw strength, and yet everyone assumes he'll go all out on Thanos after sensing him despite him having so many instances of not going all out immediately.

"Every argument that Thanos won't go for the Kill can be used against Goku who has never ever once used his sensing for Hax, but for raw strength, and yet everyone assumes he'll go all out on Thanos after sensing him despite him having so many instances of not going all out immediately."

The problem with this argument is Goku doesn't even need to go all out. With a literal 1/100th of his strength, he is STILL strong enough to COMPLETELY 1-shot Thanos no difficulty. Goku likes to have fun, I'll give you that BUT. He only does so with strong opponents. With complete Fodders, he almost always just goes "Okie" and incaps them or (In Red Ribbon Army's Case) ******* murder them all.

I'd like to note that Goku's weakness of wanting a good fight isn't as exaggerated as people think. Remember that Goku in the show was unwilling to kill; he is here. Plus, even when not out to kill, he's shown to show absolutely no mercy against his enemies multiple times rather than "muh good fight". Goku vs Ginyu Force anyone?

Celestial Judge said:
Are people actually aaying Goku can do something against the Gauntlet? Seriously? Black hole, bubbles, silly string?

Don't wanna be he one to call out Dbz fanboyiM by-

DBZ FANBOYISM.

Ahem, Excuse me.
TAKE

MY

KUDOS

"Are you all ******* kidding me.

Black holes are nothing to 3-As. Let alone Low 2-Cs."

You clearly don't understand how black holes work.

1. Black Holes cannot hurt a full 3-A

2. Any of Thanos' actions that can 1-shot Goku is overshadowed by the fact that ANYTHING Goku does will 1-shot Thanos even when holding back 1/100th (I hope we all realize how ridiculously superior from baseline 3-A Goku is at this point). A Bunch of 1-shot Moves <<< Any moves will 1-shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back