• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cal and Goku can't do the same thing by teleporting right next to him??

@Gargoyle he did that cause he was lucky that Thor didn't aim for the head.

Let's be real here, Thanos One shots via Reality gem. Like seriously, guys. Thanos can:

• Ball his fist
  • Point in his general direction
  • Snap his fingers
And Goku is done. The tier gap is meaningless due to Thanos' hax.

Goku gets done like Drax and Mantis.

Theglassman12 said:
@Gargoyle he did that cause he was lucky that Thor didn't aim for the head.
No he did that so he could slow down the thing that is about to rip a hole in him.

Why anyone would want to waste their time explaining something that was already explained 3 times is beyond me.

Keep in mind that Goku nearly died to a heavily diluted not-even-Hakai from the weakest GoD. His resistance to EE is trash.

The real cal howard said:
Keep in mind that Goku nearly died to a heavily diluted not-even-Hakai from the weakest GoD. His resistance to EE is trash.
I feel that you are overselling how weak Sidra's Hakai was.

Toppo, a brand-new G.O.D. who should be somewhat comparable to Sidra, with the Energy of Destruction warped the entire World of Void casually. That's a High 3-A feat, a feat infinitely stronger than anything Thanos was shown to do.

Not to mention, your description of Goku's state after resisting the hakai is a little hyperbolic, don't you think?

Do you honestly think even a diluted version of that attack is not just as great if not much greater than Thanos's attack?

@Mrcommonsense

1. So? Doesn't make his "EE" superior to A Hakaishin's. The main reason why they're able to resist Hakaishin energy in DBS is likely through power, which would mean he should be comparable to at least a low tier God like Toppo, being scalable to Vegeta's resistance.

2 & 3. This "erasure" was his goal in the first place, and in the context of his usage of the ability, he was also going to die if he didn't use it. You can't use that as evidence of him leading with it, especially while ignoring the context, it's effects on priorities, along with the previously established priorities, and forgetting how cocky Thanos has demonstrated himself to be.

4. He would still one shot Thanos with anything. IT and a tap on the body and it's over. Thanos can't tell how strong Goku is without Ki sensing, so he's probably thinking he could toy with him. Thoughout the entire movie, he's killed very few of the people he fought up until the end. Do you really think he's gonna be scared of a 5'8" random guy with weird hair?

Toppo obviously didn't use the actual Hakai over the World of Void, or he would've destroyed the arena, the spectators and every fighter including himself.

The best showing with Hakai is Sidra wiping out a city.

The Everlasting said:
Toppo obviously didn't use the actual Hakai over the World of Void, or he would've destroyed the arena, the spectators and every fighter.
The best showing with Hakai is Sidra wiping out a city.
A forcefield was put up to protect the spectators.

The energy blast that Toppo used when he affected the World of Void was a cut and paste on the one used on Goku.

Here is the vid:

Toppo uses Hakai World of Void almost destroyed HD - Eng Sub Dragon Ball Super Episode 125
Toppo uses Hakai World of Void almost destroyed HD - Eng Sub Dragon Ball Super Episode 125

The Everlasting said:
Yes but that blast is obviously not an actual Hakai for what I said.
It's not Hakai, but Energy of Destruction. Both abilities have EE properties.

I just explained that everyone was protected from the attack by a forcefield, that's why everyone didn't die. I even showed the clip.

How can it not be Hakai because everyone didn't die instantly when everyone was protected by forcefields to stop them from dying instantly?

"Obviously"

Support your argument better plz? The only thing you have to support your argument for Toppo is that killing wasn't allowed. Doesn't negate the fact that those same blasts erased Katchin, meaning they have "some" potential for EE in them. Goku tanked a Hakai in Base, is superior to Vegeta who ripped through a Hakai ball in a weaker form than Goku's strongest form-- with the idea that their strength allows them to resist the Hakai has more evidence than the idea that all of the people who resisted it, despite having strength as a commonality, have some special trait that makes them resistant to Hakai. Which is more likely, given the evidence? That EE/Hakai resistance is strength based, or that everyone person who resisted it has some special trait that allows them to do it?

>In base form

And? Nothing implies his resistance to...anything increases with his physicality.

Also, lol at Toppo's world of Void warp being a High 3-A ranged universal wipe, and erasing stone (which btw, should've been erased via his aura when they toppled on him) is terrible supporting evidence. Heck, I just watched the clip, and nothing implies that it was the entire world of void warped, and the stage experienced physical destruction.

It's not Hakai, but Energy of Destruction. Both abilities have EE properties.

I just explained that everyone was protected from the attack by a forcefield, that's why everyone didn't die. I even showed the clip.

How can it not be Hakai because everyone didn't die instantly when everyone was protected by forcefields to stop them from dying instantly?

The arena is not protected by a forcefield. If it were a real Hakai and not just an explosion it should have erased the entire arena and every fighter still in the tournament.

Also, didn't we agree that energy of destruction needs to "kill" the opponent before it erases, which was what made it weaker than something like Beerus' Hakai?

That's something I remember. I'm very uncertain on that one, and I'm pretty sure I'm wrong.

Actually, the fact that Vegeta in SSBE can just punch through a Hakai sphere inplies that the Hakai Energy can be resisted with strength. Like I said.

And the blasts Toppo fires erases things that weren't people, including energy sometimes. The "Hakai" and the Energy blasts are the same thing used in different ways. Like how Kiais work, for example. It's w concussive Ki blast, but most blasts of Ki do the same thing.

This feels like serious spite against Goku with speed being equalized, and everything.

Like, people are aware that Goku has zero counter to virtually everything the gauntlet can do, right? In fact, EE is one of the only things you could argue he resists.

I mean.

There are people actually arguing for Goku, granted said arguments are comparable to Sans matches.

Why I don't know.

Goku has resistance to existance erasure and any attack he throws will obliterate thanos.

Also, equalizing speed in this kind of matchup will just give you an innecurate result. Goku would blink thanos before he could even react.

Are we even sure that Thanos is even using EE? All Thanos did was snap his finger and half of everyone in the universe turned into dust. There were ashes left behind, meaning that they weren't erased from existence, and were instead just killed.

Ashes left behind that faded to nothing?

Either way did Goku even have a death res feat? This thread is massive so I can't go through with a migraine.

Also did want to point out that Thanos can probably attack from another universe away if he so chooses.

<John Wick fights Thanos in the background

Goku: My god this is incredible!

Superman: I know right?

Shitpost.gif

Goku resisted hakai energy in his BASE form, sure, he might not be able to endure it for long without transforming, but he still resisted that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back