• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Coolboy6

He/Him
Both high 8-C, speed equalized, battle takes place at the DB World Tournament Arena
Son Goku:

Sonic:

Goku scales above 3.72 tons

Sonic Scales a bit above 6.5 tons

Less than around a 1.7x or 1.8x advantage

Yea, Goku's not getting past that regen. Especially with an AP/Dura disadvantage.

However, Goku doesn't need to kill Sonic to win by SBA. He can instead just knock out Sonic (Sonic would have to remain unconscious for an hour though), which could be possible via his skill advantage. Though it wouldn't be easy given Sonic's AP and Dura advantage as mentioned before.

I feel like Goku is more skilled in H2H combat since he’s fought multiple martial arts masters throughout his life

Giving this to Sonic. Not only is he smarter and often more a trickster, but thanks to regen and AP/dura combo, he'd easily stay ahead of Goku and either lure him out of the ring or simply KO him with a good few bops to the head.

??? how? hes literally 1.8 weaker, hes not pulling that off with sonics regeneration and air manipulation

this is literally a stomp
I feel you ignored the rest of my comment.
Though it wouldn't be easy given Sonic's AP and Dura advantage as mentioned before.
I never said it would easy, and that it would still be tricky.

However, a 1.8x AP advantage isn't all that massive. A 7.5x advantage is enough to one-shot when it's a hit to the head (Assuming that revision I saw for the one-shot value when through), a 1.8x AP advantage would give Sonic an edge, but wouldn't result in Goku being negged low-diff or making Goku unscathed by most of Goku's attacks.

Regeneration also doesn't matter for a knockout. If I were arguing Goku could KILL Sonic, it would be a problem, as Goku couldn't get past the regen. However, knocking out Sonic doesn't require Goku exploding Sonic's brain or anything. It just requires him to render Sonic unconscious. Which IIRC, regeneration doesn't cover. After all, there's no physical damage to heal from that would just wake them up.

Though I never presented Goku knocking out Sonic was likely, just that it was a possibility to avoid anyone saying this is a one-sided stomp that Goku had no chance (or win-cons) in.

I feel you ignored the rest of my comment.

I never said it would easy, and that it would still be tricky.

However, a 1.8x AP advantage isn't all that massive. A 7.5x advantage is enough to one-shot when it's a hit to the head (Assuming that revision I saw for the one-shot value when through), a 1.8x AP advantage would give Sonic an edge, but wouldn't result in Goku being negged low-diff or making Goku unscathed by most of Goku's attacks.

Regeneration also doesn't matter for a knockout. If I were arguing Goku could KILL Sonic, it would be a problem, as Goku couldn't get past the regen. However, knocking out Sonic doesn't require Goku exploding Sonic's brain or anything. It just requires him to render Sonic unconscious. Which IIRC, regeneration doesn't cover. After all, there's no physical damage to heal from that would just wake them up.

Though I never presented Goku knocking out Sonic was likely, just that it was a possibility to avoid anyone saying this is a one-sided stomp that Goku had no chance (or win-cons) in.
Idk how this tells me he can knock out sonic even as a possibility, goku can hardly harm sonic here never mind actually knock out, and even if he could, the odds of him even being knocked out long enough to pull a proper wincon is borderline non existent. This is a whole stomp 💀

Pretty sure this goku struggles with people on his level and can only knock out characters that are far below him

Idk how this tells me he can knock out sonic even as a possibility, goku can hardly harm sonic here never mind actually knock out,
This is a 1.8x STAT DIFFERENT. NOT a 3-6x AP/Dura difference. To say Goku can "hardly harm" Sonic is absolutely absurd. Sonic could fairly endure damage from Goku, but he's not just going to tank Goku's attacks without even flinching. This is a 1.8x STAT DIFFERENCE.

You're completely blowing the difference out of proportion.
and even if he could, the odds of him even being knocked out long enough to pull a proper wincon is borderline non existent.
I never understood how we decide if a character would remain knocked out long enough. Especially if the victor who isn't unconscious could continue to make sure the unconscious contender is asleep. Assuming they don't just walk away. But if Goku knocked out Sonic after a drawn out battle, I could very well see Sonic remaining unconscious after not only exhausting energy in combat, but also just from the blunt force of the attack that knocked him out.

Goku also has advantages going for him, such as superior skill, and the Power Pole which gives him DRASTICALLY more range than Sonic could hope to achieve (Planetary range vs hundreds of meters).

I think Sonic wins more times than not, but I don't think Goku is completely helpless either. If Sonic had a 3x and up stat advantage, I WOULD think he is helpless though.

This is a 1.8x STAT DIFFERENT. NOT a 3-6x AP/Dura difference. To say Goku can "hardly harm" Sonic is absolutely absurd. Sonic could fairly endure damage from Goku, but he's not just going to tank Goku's attacks without even flinching. This is a 1.8x STAT DIFFERENCE.

You're completely blowing the difference out of proportion.
I never said he wouldn’t be able to flinch, I’m aware they’re both practically comparable, what I’m saying is goku actually knocking out someone with a karate chop or something, even slightly stronger them him is questionable and so unlikely idk if this can be even considered a wincon
Goku also has advantages going for him, such as superior skill, and the Power Pole which gives him DRASTICALLY more range than Sonic could hope to achieve (Planetary range vs hundreds of meters).
I’m not even sure if goku has the power pole on hand in this arc but whatever he probably does

I never said he wouldn’t be able to flinch, I’m aware they’re both practically comparable, what I’m saying is goku actually knocking out someone with a karate chop or something, even slightly stronger them him is questionable
Oh, it's not quite that easy. Three ways it can be accomplished is through pressure points (As usually depicted in fiction. I should note, I'm not saying Goku knows pressure points as a viable option, rather that it's one way to acheive a knockout), wearing Sonic down until he passes out from exhaustion, or three, the most common way someone is knocked out; from receiving a blunt strike to the head that causes ones brain to hit their skull, resulting in them immediately losing consciousness.

I would think a combination of those last two are possible over an extended period of time.
I’m not even sure if goku has the power pole on hand in this arc but whatever
What arc is this? I just see the Power Pole listed as standard equipment on the profile, so I'm not quite sure if he does have it or not.

Oh, it's not quite that easy. Three ways it can be accomplished is through pressure points (As usually depicted in fiction. I should note, I'm not saying Goku knows pressure points as a viable option, rather that it's one way to acheive a knockout), wearing Sonic down until he passes out from exhaustion, or three, the most common way someone is knocked out; from receiving a blunt strike to the head that causes ones brain to hit their skull, resulting in them immediately losing consciousness.

I would think a combination of those last two are possible over an extended period of time.
Yea this is what I’m talking about, aren’t wincons supposed to be actually achievable? While goku only has like 1 feasible way to actually pull a win, sonic has nutty regen to outlast the injuries he takes against goku, is still stronger so he’ll likely inflict more damage on goku then sonic takes etc. if this still somehow is not a stomp then I’ll just vote sonic

What arc is this? I just see the Power Pole listed as standard equipment on the profile, so I'm not quite sure if he does have it or not
The match didn’t specifiy which key for goku is being used, so I think we assume he strongest one which is the 22nd tenkachi budokai, the arc where he fights tien iirc

Yea this is what I’m talking about, aren’t wincons supposed to be actually achievable? While goku only has like 1 feasible way to actually pull a win, sonic has nutty regen to outlast the injuries he takes against goku, is still stronger so he’ll likely inflict more damage on goku then sonic takes etc. if this still somehow is not a stomp then I’ll just vote sonic
Assuming Goku does have the power pole here, with his superior combat skill and range, I think Goku knocking out Sonic is a feasible win-con.

This is on top of the fact that at least based on what's present on their stamina section that Goku has far superior stamina over Sonic. Meaning an extended confrontation would favor Goku further.

I just think Sonic's more likely to win with regen and an AP/Dura advantage on top of his cutting attacks.

Back