• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright then,

So Sakuya starts off using Danmaku and timestop, Sakuya then realize that Goku couldn't be affected by it, Goku then use his Glare that breaks out of the Danmaku, Sakuya can obviously see something coming out of the Danmaku, she then EE'd the attack, what does Goku does next? Instant transmission? Sakuya then proceed to use her Time Paradox to ward off Goku just for a second to use her EE.

Am i interpreting Goku's choice correctly here?

Just a reminder that she summon someone from Alternate Universe using thought too
Alright then,

So Sakuya starts off using Danmaku and timestop, Sakuya then realize that Goku couldn't be affected by it, Goku then use his Glare that breaks out of the Danmaku, Sakuya can obviously see something coming out of the Danmaku, she then EE'd the attack, what does Goku does next? Instant transmission? Sakuya then proceed to use her Time Paradox to ward off Goku just for a second to use her EE.

I must ask, how good is Sakuya’s time stop and how good is Goku’s resistance? I think this will be the determining factor, Because if hers is an enhanced time stop (above baseline) and Goku’s resistance is only baseline, then it would work on him. So it needs to be established how potent both are.

"Sakuya can manipulate the flow of time - she can slow it, accelerate it, erase it, or even stop it. She can also compress the flow of time to make both past and future to exist at the same time, making the same object from different timelines be in many places simultaneously. By doing this, all her attacks will hit the enemy at the same time due to the different timelines existing simultaneously. She can apply her time manipulation on a smaller, more precise scale - on locations and objects."

Idk if this suggests she can timestop timelines/low 2C which is > time stopping a universe/3A (generic assumption for timestop). If it does then Sakuya's timestop is likely higher than Goku's resistance but idk.

Based on this:

"Can store, skip, stop and suspends beings in time"

Hit's timestop/Goku's resistance is baseline

I must ask, how good is Sakuya’s time stop and how good is Goku’s resistance? I think this will be the determining factor, Because if hers is an enhanced time stop (above baseline) and Goku’s resistance is only baseline, then it would work on him. So it needs to be established how potent both are.
UI Sign 3 Goku scales massively above SSBKx10 which can already tank Hit's time stop technique, and is comparable to Jiren who with relative little effort overpowered his time cage before getting into fighting against him a second time over. (Taking a side note that Jiren by the time he fought Hit he was kind of heavily suppresing himself to a huge degree)

Goku has universal range and the likes.

Alright then,

Goku can either glare her and her danmaku away, or dodge them and ki blast her, she'll probably dodge or counter that, and then Goku can either try to attack her with IT into an incap or she uses EE or something, Goku anticipates and finishes her quickly.
I think the only way to have higher time stop is to time stop someone with a time stop resistance but I don't think she has that. Goku though should be above baseline since, hit could time stop Jiren who's a low 2-C with his time cage which is much stronger than his regular time stop, and Goku scales to jiren's resistance.

"Sakuya can manipulate the flow of time - she can slow it, accelerate it, erase it, or even stop it. She can also compress the flow of time to make both past and future to exist at the same time, making the same object from different timelines be in many places simultaneously. By doing this, all her attacks will hit the enemy at the same time due to the different timelines existing simultaneously. She can apply her time manipulation on a smaller, more precise scale - on locations and objects."

Idk if this suggests she can timestop timelines/low 2C which is > time stopping a universe/3A (generic assumption for timestop). If it does then Sakuya's timestop is likely higher than Goku's resistance but idk.

Based on this:

"Can store, skip, stop and suspends beings in time"

Hit's timestop/Goku's resistance is baseline
UI Sign 3 Goku scales massively above SSBKx10 which can already tank Hit's time stop technique, and is comparable to Jiren who with relative little effort overpowered his time cage before getting into fighting against him a second time over. (Taking a side note that Jiren by the time he fought Hit he was kind of heavily suppresing himself to a huge degree)

Goku has universal range and the likes.
Does Sakuya’s time stop people who have resisted it before? If you don’t know then I will wait for Touhou supporters. A few more DB experts about the Goku resistance would be appreciated to because I’m reading mixed things about Goku’s resistance.
Also Fluffy there are a few different ways, but that is obviously the most direct and concrete method. Remaining neutral for now.

Does Sakuya’s time stop people who have resisted it before? If you don’t know then I will wait for Touhou supporters. A few more DB experts about the Goku resistance would be appreciated to because I’m reading mixed things about Goku’s resistance.
Also Fluffy there are a few different ways, but that is obviously the most direct and concrete method. Remaining neutral for now.
I'm a self proclaimed DB expert. hahaha, no really I am.

Goku can either glare her and her danmaku away, or dodge them and ki blast her, she'll probably dodge or counter that, and then Goku can either try to attack her with IT into an incap or she uses EE or something, Goku anticipates and finishes her quickly.

I think the only way to have higher time stop is to time stop someone with a time stop resistance but I don't think she has that. Goku though should be above baseline since, hit could time stop Jiren who's a low 2-C with his time cage which is much stronger than his regular time stop, and Goku scales to jiren's resistance.
Sakuya's page states that she quite only has planetary range via space-time manip in the actual records, so Goku quite effortlessly tanks Sakuya's time stop and overpowers her danmaku by using a massive Ki barrier in exchange of one-shotting her in the process, which btw, he can do that with a glare and Goku has universal range in compensation.

Based on all arguments made, I see two possible scenarios and in each goku takes it.

Scenario 1 (Goku resists Time Stop)

Let's say Goku resists her Time Stopping capabilities. The match is pretty much decided from that point on given the first thing Sakuya will start with is Time Stop and then knife spam and given goku would be able to move in her time stop, nothing is stopping him from bull rushing her. Sakuya can throw knives at goku but if my memory serves me correctly the knives would be affected be her time stop as well, in other words they would be frozen in place till time starts again and while Sakuya is busy busting out thousands of non-moving knives, Goku could one shot by glaring or IT blitzing.

Scenario 2 (Goku doesn't resists Time Stop)

In this case, Sakuya would go for her scrub strategy of Time Stop and Knife Spam all around Goku and wait for Time to start for them to hit him. But this is countered by goku multiple layers of defense.

First of all Goku's own resistance would at least make him aware that time as stopped given he's experienced time stopping before. The moment goku is aware that time is stopped, he'll suspect that he'll have less than a fraction of a second to react to her attacks when time starts moving again and doing this is no problem for goku given how even in base goku used less than a fraction of a second to react to and defend against hit's attacks and Hit is far faster than base Goku and given this match is speed equal this makes reacting and responding to knife spam all the more easier. Add on instictive reactions untop of goku's near instantaneous reaction and response speed and you've got magic happening.

Second of all even if not with that, Goku could just deflect the knives with AoE shockwave generation which would also one-shot and kill Sakuya given it's potency and range, passive explosive aura which would defect everything anyways or just tank em given that they can't do jack to him anyways

Third, even if you want to make the case that goku wouldn't be aware of her time stopping him, he's gonna figure it out after the first if not definitely the second knife spam. Once goku realizes what she is doing, he'll start striking at her during her cooldown intervals or basically the moment time starts back. Goku knows the knives are nothing to worry about so wether it's be instinctive reactions, shockwave generation, passive aura or sheer durability, goku can disregard the knives and focus on Sakuya. He'll most likely strike the moment time starts again and he'll do this shockwaves, glare or I.T. all of which of things that Sakuya cannot deal with in any way, shape or form

Optional Scenario (EE)

Sakuya's EE could make all the difference to this match, however she doesn't use it til late in the fight and even then, even if the activation of the EE is thought based, there's nothing to suggest that the execution of the effect is instantaneous nor is there any mention of the conditions of which the EE is executed. It says on her profile that she erases time, so does that mean that she just thinks and time is erased? How long does it take for time to be erased? Does it happen instantly or overtime? and does that also mean that the moment time is erased so is the object in question? I think we need more exposition on how EE is executed on how long it takes for the effect of the EE to resolve itself. Not that matters because she'd be long defeated before getting a chance to use it

Based on all arguments made, I see two possible scenarios and in each goku takes it.

Scenario 1 (Goku resists Time Stop)

Let's say Goku resists her Time Stopping capabilities. The match is pretty much decided from that point on given the first thing Sakuya will start with is Time Stop and then knife spam and given goku would be able to move in her time stop, nothing is stopping him from bull rushing her. Sakuya can throw knives at goku but if my memory serves me correctly the knives would be affected be her time stop as well, in other words they would be frozen in place till time starts again and while Sakuya is busy busting out thousands of non-moving knives, Goku could one shot by glaring or IT blitzing.

Scenario 2 (Goku doesn't resists Time Stop)

In this case, Sakuya would go for her scrub strategy of Time Stop and Knife Spam all around Goku and wait for Time to start for them to hit him. But this is countered by goku multiple layers of defense.

First of all Goku's own resistance would at least make him aware that time as stopped given he's experienced time stopping before. The moment goku is aware that time is stopped, he'll suspect that he'll have less than a fraction of a second to react to her attacks when time starts moving again and doing this is no problem for goku given how even in base goku used less than a fraction of a second to react to and defend against hit's attacks and Hit is far faster than base Goku and given this match is speed equal this makes reacting and responding to knife spam all the more easier. Add on instictive reactions untop of goku's near instantaneous reaction and response speed and you've got magic happening.

Second of all even if not with that, Goku could just deflect the knives with AoE shockwave generation which would also one-shot and kill Sakuya given it's potency and range, passive explosive aura which would defect everything anyways or just tank em given that they can't do jack to him anyways

Third, even if you want to make the case that goku wouldn't be aware of her time stopping him, he's gonna figure it out after the first if not definitely the second knife spam. Once goku realizes what she is doing, he'll start striking at her during her cooldown intervals or basically the moment time starts back. Goku knows the knives are nothing to worry about so wether it's be instinctive reactions, shockwave generation, passive aura or sheer durability, goku can disregard the knives and focus on Sakuya. He'll most likely strike the moment time starts again and he'll do this shockwaves, glare or I.T. all of which of things that Sakuya cannot deal with in any way, shape or form

Optional Scenario (EE)

Sakuya's EE could make all the difference to this match, however she doesn't use it til late in the fight and even then, even if the activation of the EE is thought based, there's nothing to suggest that the execution of the effect is instantaneous nor is there any mention of the conditions of which the EE is executed. It says on her profile that she erases time, so does that mean that she just thinks and time is erased? How long does it take for time to be erased? Does it happen instantly or overtime? and does that also mean that the moment time is erased so is the object in question? I think we need more exposition on how EE is executed on how long it takes for the effect of the EE to resolve itself. Not that matters because she'd be long defeated before getting a chance to use it
Bruh I forgot her knives don't move during time stop...

Sakuya's page states that she quite only has planetary range via space-time manip in the actual records, so Goku quite effortlessly tanks Sakuya's time stop and overpowers her danmaku by using a massive Ki barrier in exchange of one-shotting her in the process, which btw, he can do that with a glare and Goku has universal range in compensation.
So you're just going to ignore this part of her range?
"likely far higher (She can summon alternate versions of herself from parallel universes and can erase objects and people from all of time and space)"

We should probably get Touhou supporters rather than assuming how Sakuya's timestop works tbh, although I'm leaning on Goku

I really don't see Goku dodging an unavoidable knife spam, it's like saying Goku can dodge rain when his body is too big to do so. This is on the assumption that they are literally impossible to dodge with no gaps in-between to maneuver around.

Of course the shockwave method works since Goku is almost 2-C while Sakuya is baseline low 2-C meaning a muscle twitch could kill her lol.

We should probably get Touhou supporters rather than assuming how Sakuya's timestop works tbh, although I'm leaning on Goku
I am as well
I really don't see Goku dodging an unavoidable knife spam, it's like saying Goku can dodge rain when his body is too big to do so. This is on the assumption that they are literally impossible to dodge with no gaps in-between to maneuver around.
It really isn't unavoidable because multiple characters in verse has dodged it before by moving UP, DOWN, LEFT AND RIGHT LOL. But even then goku could deal with knives via shockwave release, passive arau, blocking and dodging or just charging through em since they won't do him harm anyways.

Of course the shockwave method works since Goku is almost 2-C while Sakuya is baseline low 2-C meaning a muscle twitch could kill her lol.
Yeah pretty much

Actually when Goku is serious his aura is passive, look at this.
010.jpg

Rocks are being launched at him but his aura is just repelling them all, even if Goku somehow can't dodge the danmaku which he should be able to, this will just be in the way.

We should probably get Touhou supporters rather than assuming how Sakuya's timestop works tbh
Based on what I outlined in scenario 2, even if she could time stop Goku, he'd still will

Sakuya couldn't hope to stop Goku, only slow him down and once Goku sees the opportunity presents itself, if he takes it he wins

It really isn't unavoidable because multiple characters in verse has dodged it before by moving UP, DOWN, LEFT AND RIGHT LOL. But even then goku could deal with knives via shockwave release, passive arau, blocking and dodging or just charging through em since they won't do him harm anyways.
I was assuming that this was without game mechanics that make it have to be possible since it's a game therefore causing Sakuya to just do some full screen no gap covering type of shit.

Based on what I outlined in scenario 2, even if she could time stop Goku, he'd still will

Sakuya couldn't hope to stop Goku, only slow him down and once Goku sees the opportunity presents itself, if he takes it he wins
I'm not taking about some Touhou supporters coming in to justify why Goku can stop time, just overall information. From experience on this wiki I've seen characters get beaten because the more popular character got voted for quickly before more supporters came to even argue.

I just want to see a variety of views for this case since throughout the match we have asked questions and made assumptions about Sakuya so I just want more clarity.

I was assuming that this was without game mechanics that make it have to be possible since it's a game therefore causing Sakuya to just do some full screen no gap covering type of shit.
The entire premise of Touhou STANDARD danmaku is gameplay representation (what the game makes it out to be)
Touhou's danmaku attacks do cover the entire screen but covering the screen just has to do with the range of the attack and even then as shown by Touhou characters time and time again, it is dodgable by simple linear movement and IT ISN'T considered game mechanics.
Why do you think Sakuya and other Touhou characters doesn't possess Acrobatics

The fact that those WITHOUT ACROBATICS can dodge Touhou Danmaku with SIMPLE LINEAR MOVEMENTS
Means that for person as flexible and agile and acrobatic as goku and AMPED TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH U.I. dodging Danmaku becomes easy as 1,2,3

The entire premise of Touhou STANDARD danmaku is gameplay representation (what the game makes it out to be)
Touhou's danmaku attacks do cover the entire screen but covering the screen just has to do with the range of the attack and even then as shown by Touhou characters time and time again, it is dodgable by simple linear movement and IT ISN'T considered game mechanics.
Why do you think Sakuya and other Touhou characters doesn't possess Acrobatics

The fact that those WITHOUT ACROBATICS can dodge Touhou Danmaku with SIMPLE LINEAR MOVEMENTS
Means that for person as flexible and agile and acrobatic as goku and AMPED TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH U.I. dodging Danmaku becomes easy as 1,2,3
But is the fact that you can dodge the danmaku with linear movements due to game mechanics, because you can't exactly do backflips and side steps when your a small pixelated character presented in a 2-D boss battle.

If what is shown in game is simply game mechanics then what stops Sakuya from just making the knives literally undodgeable imagine the rain drops are knives. If Sakuya can do this then how does Goku dodge it.

Of course if Sakuya is limited to only preforming the patterns shown in game then even dragon ball Goku can dodge it but if it's due to game mechanics that Sakuya isn't doing this then I don't see how Goku dodges it.

Sakuya's EE according to old threads she can just wave her hands and poof you're gone/thought based

also what about Sakuya's well detailed time manipulation that can even reverse time (likely thought based too) which allow her to avoid attacks far easier

On the Vs shadow one, I don't really remember anyone bringing up what she does in character unlike in this thread where she won't just open up and do EE.

On the Vs DIO one she was bloodlusted.

We've agreed that Goku is smoked if she uses EE on him but that she wouldn't use it before Goku taps her to death.

But is the fact that you can dodge the danmaku with linear movements due to game mechanics, because you can't exactly do backflips and side steps when your a small pixelated character presented in a 2-D boss battle.

If what is shown in game is simply game mechanics then what stops Sakuya from just making the knives literally undodgeable imagine the rain drops are knives. If Sakuya can do this then how does Goku dodge it.

Of course if Sakuya is limited to only preforming the patterns shown in game then even dragon ball Goku can dodge it but if it's due to game mechanics that Sakuya isn't doing this then I don't see how Goku dodges it.
Again IT ISN'T game mechanics.
The fact that a VAST majority of Touhou characters can dodge Danmaku attacks and DO NOT possess ACROBATICS proves this

The fact that a VAST majority of Touhou characters can dodge Danmaku attacks and DO NOT possess ACROBATICS proves this
Or at least proves that even characters without Acrobatics can dodge Touhou danmaku regardless
So for a character like goku who was Acrobatics + Amped Instinctive Reactions + Analytical Prediction = Dodges Everything with ease

if her first attempt that is basically just throwing knives that can exist on multiple areas and places to the point that it fills the entire battlefield and make it completely undodgeable somehow didn't hit Goku at least once
I don't see any reason for her to not resort to EE immediately especially if he got close to even landing a hit if she is able to use her time reverse in time

Sheer speed lmao, could be an oversight really

Or at least proves that even characters without Acrobatics can dodge Touhou danmaku regardless
So for a character like goku who was Acrobatics + Amped Instinctive Reactions + Analytical Prediction = Dodges Everything with ease
So I'm assuming that means Sakuya is limited to the knife throws she's shown in game? I'm talking from a place of confusion since you said you were a supporter so I'm just asking since this guy said:

>can Goku even dodge Spellcard rules hindered Danmaku?

I assumed that the spell cards were some sort of limitation that works similar to how game mechanics would work, since your a supporter how about you explain it to clear things up.

Sakuya's EE according to old threads she can just wave her hands and poof you're gone/thought based
I'd prefer more detailed information as to the activation and execution of the EE itself
More specifically, how fast can she erase the time of something
Does it happen instantly or overtime
Is the object or person in question erased as soon as their time is

These are details to her EE I want to know because most people assume EE works instantly when they see it on a characters profile that they have little knowledge about and this might be case hear as well because even if the activation is Thought based that doesn't mean the execution of the effect happens instantly
also what about Sakuya's well detailed time manipulation that can even reverse time (likely thought based too) which allow her to avoid attacks far easier
She doesn't do so in character or at least not as her go to move
And even then goku needs a mere instant to win
If that instant succeeds, she'd dead

I'd prefer more detailed information as to the activation and execution of the EE itself
More specifically, how fast can she erase the time of something
Does it happen instantly or overtime
Is the object or person in question erased as soon as their time is

These are details to her EE I want to know because most people assume EE works instantly when they see it on a characters profile that they have little knowledge about and this might be case hear as well because even if the activation is Thought based that doesn't mean the execution of the effect happens instantly
"By erasing the time of something, she can completely erase it from space and time"

I'd imagine that if you were erased from spacetime then you'd just be erased instantly since your no longer present in the spacetime continuum.

Also I may have misinterpreted what you meant by "I am as well" meaning your a Touhou supporter rather than it meaning your leaning on Goku winning since your asking questions about how Sakuya's EE works

When she uses spellcard to spam her knives that basically her activating her time manipulation of merging timeline so a single knife can exist on multiple spaces at the same time
So I'd say it almost instant if not thought based

seeing how her EE is directly tied to how she affects timeline to make object disappear or appear on multiple spaces it's not far off that its thought based

that's also how she can basically make a knife appear out of nowhere or out of nothing

with speed equalized if she gets through those barrage of knife it only takes thought for her to realize he is dangerous enough to warrant the use of EE specially how most Witch fought happens at range if we take gameplay mechanics too seriously. none attempted to get near while someone is spamming barrage and barrage of danmaku

if her first attempt that is basically just throwing knives that can exist on multiple areas and places to the point that it fills the entire battlefield and make it completely undodgeable somehow didn't hit Goku at least once
Well I suppose goku would get once MAYBE, but even then he can completely neg Danmaku with Shockwave Generation or passive aura or just muscle it out with vastly high durability
I don't see any reason for her to not resort to EE immediately especially if he got close to even landing a hit if she is able to use her time reverse in time
She would resort to EE eventually, but she's gonna resort to Time Stop and knife spam first. Doing so can spell doom for her. If goku resists her time stop then he glares while she's throwing out thousands of non-moving knives and even if he doesn't resist time stop he'd be aware of it, enough to know to react and strike the attasecond time starts back and given that goku without U.I. has reacted to and strike back against characters faster than himself with just a near-instant amount of time. In a speed equal match such as this, the moment time starts, goku is gonna disregard the harmless knives and then go for sakuya with glare, shockwaves or IT Blitz
Sheer speed lmao, could be an oversight really
Not if it's covered all characters and not if it's taken this long for anyone to realize LMAO

I'm not sure how Goku Time stop resist works cause its really contradictory and weird how they portrayed Hit's time stop somehow being powerless or unusable against someone stronger than him.

It's just plain weird to me but I could agree Goku would resist Sakuya time stop for this one

"By erasing the time of something, she can completely erase it from space and time"

I'd imagine that if you were erased from spacetime then you'd just be erased instantly since your no longer present in the spacetime continuum.
I have to agree and disagree. True I can see that being erased from the space-time would result in most-likely instant EE
BUT the problem is she does this by erasing the time of the something in question and it's never stated how fast she is able to erase the time of something nor how she performs the execution of the effect itself
Also I may have misinterpreted what you meant by "I am as well" meaning your a Touhou supporter rather than it meaning your leaning on Goku winning since your asking questions about how Sakuya's EE works
Yeah LOL

I'm pretty sure it's as fast as how she erase objects or duplicate objects,
want to get another Touhou supporter for the better measure but I'm definitely sure that's how it works for her
I'm holding off my vote for now but I gave inputs and possible wincons for sakuya

seeing how her EE is directly tied to how she affects timeline to make object disappear or appear on multiple spaces it's not far off that its thought based

that's also how she can basically make a knife appear out of nowhere or out of nothing
ACTUALLY I HAVE A GOOD QUESTION
Has it ever been shown or even stated that Sakuya's EE can affect people?
The wiki specifically says And by erasing the time of an object, she erases its present and future, essentially erasing it from existence and also By erasing the time of something, she can completely erase it from space and time)

Based on the pronouns being used, it implies Sakuya's EE can only affect things and objects which makes your statement about the knife more understandable

But can anyone actually provide somewhat solid evidence or statements of Sakuya's EE being able to affect people?

with speed equalized if she gets through those barrage of knife it only takes thought for her to realize he is dangerous enough to warrant the use of EE specially how most Witch fought happens at range if we take gameplay mechanics too seriously. none attempted to get near while someone is spamming barrage and barrage of danmaku
Goku wouldn't even attempt to give the knives an ounce of focus, he's going straight for sakuya. The instant time starts, Goku glares and she's done. She's not gonna be able to react to goku's attacks at all

On the Vs shadow one, I don't really remember anyone bringing up what she does in character unlike in this thread where she won't just open up and do EE.
Iirc, her in character wasn’t brought up because the Shadow one was a major stomp regardless, because he resisted basically all of her Hax (and he had a similar AP advantage to Goku).

As for this battle, Fr can someone call more Touhou supporters please? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back