• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku, Beerus, Whis, Vegeta, and Frieza upgrade

The Queen Diclonius said:
Hey guys, while I'd rather not debate the size of the DBZ universe here, I do want to make a video about it, and I'm wondering where someone can find accurate scans of the original Japanese print of it? I heard there is a place where it's described as "endless" yet there are "four ginga" which either means galaxy or galaxies. Can someone help me please find those? Thanks.
I am reading on Kanzenshuu and according to Herms it is talking about the franchise itself expanding and showing new lore.

I will check more

Thank you! You can find me on YouTube with the same username I have here! BTW, can someone make me a calculation on how powerful those shock waves would be affecting a universe our size? My friend wants to know so he can make a video on it.

hey there ppl..so..what about these definitions on the guidebooks

The Universe

The endless, expansive space wrapped around every celestial body that exists in the Living World. Along with the "Demon Realm," it is a single, large world in the Living World. In the world of Dragon Ball, the universe is located beneath the World Beyond, and it is hermetically sealed by a barrier that is engraved with a strange design. Within the universe, there are "nebulae" composed of innumerable stars, and there are "galaxies" composed of innumerable nebulae. There is a ruling Kami for each galaxy. Earth resides in the Solar System, a galactic nebula on the outskirts of the North Galaxy.

Galaxy

A gathering of local planets in the universe. Planets gather and form a nebula, and beyond that, a collection of gathered nebulae is called a galaxy. The four Kaiou who rule over the east, west, south, and north [sections] of the universe actually govern these galaxies. Because the Kami in the Heavenly Realm and the Kaiou supervise the galaxies that exist infinitely in all the universe, the sections known as the East, West, South, and North Galaxies are denominations that came into use through their duty.

don't these seem to indicate DB Universe is..well..infinite?

@Hiei312

As I have stated before, the problem is:

a) Only one guidebook mentions this, while others mention only 4 galaxies.

b)Thanks to the lack of plurals in the Japanese language, it's unclear is characters refer to a singular galaxy or galaxies.

This has become such an incredibly tired topic, and we politely request people wait until light is shed on the subject by DBSuper before attempting to get things changed.

but even then... the 4 "galaxy" model wouldn't even contradict the universe being infinite would it?

it could simply be split in the middle in a cross then expand outwards indefinitely...

in which case we could have info from all the guidebooks be true. this one would merely be stating "(...)supervise the [four] galaxies that exist infinitely in the universe"

There's not really a "center" of infinite space, and I sincerely doubt this one mention means the DBU is literally infinite, as the only official maps we have, while odd, seem to show it to be of a certain size. Also, if the universe was infinite, and the Kaioshin realm was 1/4 of the universe's size, it too would be infinite, which it defenitely is not.

@Hiei312:

I've brought up both of those points in the past. They were still rejected.

Our best bet is waiting for Super to clarify.

I have a calc that me and my friend worked on I'll just copy & paste it here it has Lowball, Realistic & Average calcs:

First off I'd like to say I'm changing a few variables so this can even be possible to scale mathematically.

—Changes and reasons—

-shock waves don't travel through space without debris to act as their medium. So I'll just assume the shock wave was a mass of ki resulting in a explosion.

-ground zero of the "shock wave" didnt damage the earth at all, old kai said it was doing the opposite of what physics do (get weaker from ground zero) but it was getting stronger apparently as much as I'd like to call it just a simple character statement I don't have enough evidence to say yet I know this creates plot holes but for the sake of the post I'll ignore it

So you can consider this a "what if calculation" being so many variables were changed

-Now we will go through a few scenarios for a range of data so we can have multiple scenarios and it helps finding a average

—THE LOW BALL—

For our first range of data I will assume the shock waves reached maximum energy at the clostest planet which is 10.5 light years away

Now old Kai said that it increases as it gets further from ground zero I'm not going to use that for the fact this is a scale based off science and its not a narrative statement

Being no stars were showcased to be destroyed I'll assume planets were the only thing to be destroyed meaning I must assume by the climax of the "shock wave" its energy is the clostest planet to us out side of our solar system.

Which is Epsilon Eridani b

-Mass= 2.83×10^27 kg -radius= (unknown) estimated 69,911,000 m

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epsilon_Eridani_b

I will assume the planets radius is the same as Jupiters being they are close in size (the true radius is unkown).

gravitional binding energy

The gravitional binding energy of Epsilon B

3GM┬▓ U= -------------- 5R

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_binding_energy

U= binding energy G= universal gravity constant (6.676×10^-11)

M= mass of the object R= the radius

3•6.676├ù10^-11(2.83├ù10^27)^2 U= ------------------------------------------------ 5├ù69,911,000

-gravitional binding energy= 4.58×10^36 joules

Now for the low ball I've set the climax of the "shock wave" to the. Nearest planet which is 10.5 light years away

1 light year= 9.4×10^12 km 10.5 light years= 9.87×10^13 km

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light-year

To find the energy of the "shock wave" we need to find the energy density to distance away from the origin using the square inversed law of energy (we are using this because shock waves do not travel in a vacuum So we will assume this as a explosion of energy)

Square inversed law (Omni directional)

I F= ---------- 4¤Ç R┬▓

I= energy R= radius from origi

The inversed square law simply states how energy density lessen's As it gets further from the source.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverse-square_law

4.58├ù10^36 F= ----------------------------- 4¤Ç(9.87├ù10^13)^2

3.69×10^8 then you divide that by the original GBE needed then you have your energy needed (4.58×10^36/3.69×10^8)

Energy density loss of 1.24×10^28

The total joule count is 5.67×10^64 joules

Which means the energy density = 1.24×10^28 times less than the point of origin "ground zero"

That means you need 1.24×10^28 times more energy to destroy Epsilon B if the "shock wave" was 10.5 light years from earth

--------------------------------------------------------- —Final result—

Total energy of the "shock wave" is 1.24×10^64 joules

Thats enough power to destroy the sun 1.79×10^22 times over (1.24×10^64/6.9×10^41)

--------------------------------------------------------

-the suns Gravitational binding energy= 6.9×10^41 joules

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orders_of_magnitude_(energy)

— Realistic Ball—

This will be based off pure assumption that the DB universe is only 4 Galaxy's (milky way sized) and that the climax of the "shock wave is at the end of the Galaxy's

I will use andromeda as a reference The distance between adramada (closest galaxy) and the milky way is 2.5 million light years away from the milky way

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda_Galaxy

Now their are 4 Galaxy's but they are positioned in a square format not all lined up

Example:ƒîÇ ƒîÇ

ƒîÇ
ƒîÇ |______|

(2.7×10^6 ly)

The diameter total is 2.7 million light years due to the distance is 2.5 million years and the diameter is 100,000 light years for each galaxy (assuming its milky way sized)

Goku resides in the north galaxy

The earth is a estimated 24,800 light years from the center so I will conclude the radius of the "shock wave" is 2.6248×10^6 light years (Total)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactic_Center

(North galaxy) (End of the universe). Ôåô Ôåô ƒîÇ____________ƒîÇ | | 2.6├ù10^6 ly (Earth) 24,800 ly

That makes the total radius 2.6248×10^6 light years

-For decently a accurately point I will use the mass of the most massive planet known In the galaxy which is WASP-18b

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WASP-18b

-Mass= 10.3 times Jupiters mass (1.88×10^28 kg)

-Radius= 7.72×10^7 m

The gravitional binding energy of the planet is 1.83×10^38 joules

3×6.674×10^-11(1.88×10^28)^2 U= ------------------------------------------------ 5(7.72×10^7)

We must now use the inversed square law again to find the over all energy

1.83├ù10^38 F= ------------------------------- 4¤Ç(2.46├ù10^19)^2

-I= 1.83×10^38 (GBE) (GBE= gravitional binding energy) R=2.46×10^19 (radius from origin)

We must use a adjusted formula being the numerator is smaller than the denominator

1. 1.83×10^38

├ù --------------------- (4¤Ç2.46├ù10^19)^2). X

That makes the energy density loss 3.08×10^39 times

----------------------------------------------------------- Final result

The total is energy 5.64×10^77 joules

Which is enough power to destroy The largest star in our galaxy Canis Majoris about 4.14×10^34 times over (5.64×10^77/1.36×10^43)

Or about 1/14 the energy needed to destroy the milky way (8.24×10^78/5.64×10^77)

-If you want the work done on the energy to destroy the Milky way I'll post it in the comments or ask me and I'll post it again (I did this so the post won't be that much larger)

Energy to destroy YY majoris

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/VY_Canis_Majoris

-Mass: 17 solar masses -radius: 1,540 solar radius's

3•6.674├ù10^-11├ù(3.36├ù10^31)^2 U= ------------------------------------------------- 5├ù(9.87├ù10^8)

Solution= 1.36×10^43 joules

Energy needed to destroy the milky way

----------------------------------------------------------

—The high ball—

Assuming the db universe equates to our own I will assume the total radius is 4.6×10^10 light years

http://m.space.com/24073-how-big-is-the-universe.html

Now we will use the same planet As we did for the "Realistic ball" range of data

Now the radius from the epicenter is 4.6×10^10 light years now we will do the same process for the above inversed square law formula

-4.6×10^10 ly= 4.23×10^23 km

1. 1.83×10^36

= -------------------- (4¤Ç4.23├ù10^23)┬▓ X

X=6.47×10^84 joules

The total energy for a universal "shock wave" based off applied mathematics equates to 6.47×10^84 joules

Thats enough energy to destroy the milky way 785,194 times (6.47×10^84/8.24×10^78)

It has enough force to destroy the sun 9.37×10^42 times over (6.47×10^84/8.24×10^78)

—conclusion—

Now we obviously know the galaxy wasn't destroyed and we know old Kai said the "shock wave" did the opposite of the inversed square law so we can consider this as just a fun "what if post"

Not sure if this adds to anything but it's here nontheless

excuse me if this has also been brought up before but i believe in ep12 we also saw a supernova happening as a result of the shockave right?

http://s18.postimg.org/t171coh4o/Sem_t_tulo.jpg

(here's a real depiction of how one would supposedly look for reference)

they look really similar right?

since the wave reached enough destructive force to instantly cause a supernova, is it logical to assume every single star at that radius and beyond was also destroyed? since its the same wave. and would that change anything in the calcs?

At the moment it's hard to determine because of the Attack Potency Chart being Overhauled...the lowball calc is already at 1.24×10^64 joules which is higher than the Chart goes such as Greater than Galaxy Lvl or 3-C we'll have to wait until those guys finish it up :/

Nibbler3100 said:
At the moment it's hard to determine because of the Attack Potency Chart being Overhauled...the lowball calc is already at 1.24×10^64 joules which is higher than the Chart goes such as Greater than Galaxy Lvl or 3-C we'll have to wait until those guys finish it up :/
That is a high 3-B

@Hiei312:

I was wondering this as well. Since they showed 2 examples of destruction from the shockwaves, a planet and a star, it could be certainly possible that as the waves went further out that they were causing similar destruction to other celestial bodies.

FanofRPGs said:
Nibbler3100 said:
That is a high 3-B
okay and from the realistic point of view or mid-ground calc it yielded 5.64×10^77 joules

and from the up most high section it gives us 6.47×10^84 joules

Nibbler3100 said:
FanofRPGs said:
Nibbler3100 said:
That is a high 3-B
okay and from the realistic point of view or mid-ground calc it yielded 5.64×10^77 joules
and from the up most high section it gives us 6.47×10^84 joules
Both would probably be 3-A, as the mass energy of the universe is 4e69 joules

Nibbler3100 said:
I have a calc that me and my friend worked on I'll just copy & paste it here it has Lowball, Realistic & Average calcs:
First off I'd like to say I'm changing a few variables so this can even be possible to scale mathematically.

—Changes and reasons—

-shock waves don't travel through space without debris to act as their medium. So I'll just assume the shock wave was a mass of ki resulting in a explosion.

-ground zero of the "shock wave" didnt damage the earth at all, old kai said it was doing the opposite of what physics do (get weaker from ground zero) but it was getting stronger apparently as much as I'd like to call it just a simple character statement I don't have enough evidence to say yet I know this creates plot holes but for the sake of the post I'll ignore it

So you can consider this a "what if calculation" being so many variables were changed

-Now we will go through a few scenarios for a range of data so we can have multiple scenarios and it helps finding a average

—THE LOW BALL—

For our first range of data I will assume the shock waves reached maximum energy at the clostest planet which is 10.5 light years away

Now old Kai said that it increases as it gets further from ground zero I'm not going to use that for the fact this is a scale based off science and its not a narrative statement

Being no stars were showcased to be destroyed I'll assume planets were the only thing to be destroyed meaning I must assume by the climax of the "shock wave" its energy is the clostest planet to us out side of our solar system.

I will assume the planets radius is the same as Jupiters being they are close in size (the true radius is unkown).

3•6.676├ù10^-11(2.83├ù10^27)^2 U= ------------------------------------------------ 5├ù69,911,000

Now for the low ball I've set the climax of the "shock wave" to the. Nearest planet which is 10.5 light years away

To find the energy of the "shock wave" we need to find the energy density to distance away from the origin using the square inversed law of energy (we are using this because shock waves do not travel in a vacuum So we will assume this as a explosion of energy)

I F= ---------- 4¤Ç R┬▓

The inversed square law simply states how energy density lessen's As it gets further from the source.

3.69×10^8 then you divide that by the original GBE needed then you have your energy needed (4.58×10^36/3.69×10^8)

Which means the energy density = 1.24×10^28 times less than the point of origin "ground zero"

That means you need 1.24×10^28 times more energy to destroy Epsilon B if the "shock wave" was 10.5 light years from earth

Thats enough power to destroy the sun 1.79×10^22 times over (1.24×10^64/6.9×10^41)

— Realistic Ball—

This will be based off pure assumption that the DB universe is only 4 Galaxy's (milky way sized) and that the climax of the "shock wave is at the end of the Galaxy's

I will use andromeda as a reference The distance between adramada (closest galaxy) and the milky way is 2.5 million light years away from the milky way

Now their are 4 Galaxy's but they are positioned in a square format not all lined up

ƒîÇ
ƒîÇ |______|

(2.7×10^6 ly)

The diameter total is 2.7 million light years due to the distance is 2.5 million years and the diameter is 100,000 light years for each galaxy (assuming its milky way sized)

The earth is a estimated 24,800 light years from the center so I will conclude the radius of the "shock wave" is 2.6248×10^6 light years (Total)

(North galaxy) (End of the universe). Ôåô Ôåô ƒîÇ____________ƒîÇ | | 2.6├ù10^6 ly (Earth) 24,800 ly

-For decently a accurately point I will use the mass of the most massive planet known In the galaxy which is WASP-18b

-Radius= 7.72×10^7 m

3×6.674×10^-11(1.88×10^28)^2 U= ------------------------------------------------ 5(7.72×10^7)

-I= 1.83×10^38 (GBE) (GBE= gravitional binding energy) R=2.46×10^19 (radius from origin)

We must use a adjusted formula being the numerator is smaller than the denominator

1. 1.83×10^38

Which is enough power to destroy The largest star in our galaxy Canis Majoris about 4.14×10^34 times over (5.64×10^77/1.36×10^43)

Or about 1/14 the energy needed to destroy the milky way (8.24×10^78/5.64×10^77)

-If you want the work done on the energy to destroy the Milky way I'll post it in the comments or ask me and I'll post it again (I did this so the post won't be that much larger)

3•6.674├ù10^-11├ù(3.36├ù10^31)^2 U= ------------------------------------------------- 5├ù(9.87├ù10^8)

—The high ball—

Assuming the db universe equates to our own I will assume the total radius is 4.6×10^10 light years

Now we will use the same planet As we did for the "Realistic ball" range of data

Now the radius from the epicenter is 4.6×10^10 light years now we will do the same process for the above inversed square law formula

1. 1.83×10^36

X=6.47×10^84 joules

The total energy for a universal "shock wave" based off applied mathematics equates to 6.47×10^84 joules

Thats enough energy to destroy the milky way 785,194 times (6.47×10^84/8.24×10^78)

It has enough force to destroy the sun 9.37×10^42 times over (6.47×10^84/8.24×10^78)

—conclusion—

Now we obviously know the galaxy wasn't destroyed and we know old Kai said the "shock wave" did the opposite of the inversed square law so we can consider this as just a fun "what if post"

You got the GBE of the largest planet and VY Canis Majoris wrong.

...... Question Isn't Beerus Universal now cause he negated an attack that 2 reliable sources Plus the narrator said was gonna blow up the universe

Dbfan and critic said:
...... Question Isn't Beerus Universal now cause he negated an attack that 2 reliable sources Plus the narrator said was gonna blow up the universe
Negation doesn't equal AP or DC

Negation doesn't equal AP or DC

Ok then it is ATLEAST Some hax for Beerus in the fact he can negate Atacks up the universal in potency

And Beerus and Goku should be multi galaxy level each In the fact they created said attack that would destroy the universe together

Nibbler3100 said:

—Changes and reasons—

—THE LOW BALL—

I F= ---------- 4¤Ç R┬▓

— Realistic Ball—

ƒîÇ
ƒîÇ |______|

(2.7×10^6 ly)

-Radius= 7.72×10^7 m

1. 1.83×10^38

—The high ball—

1. 1.83×10^36

X=6.47×10^84 joules

—conclusion—

So this would make Beerus 3-A even at the low-end actually

i don't even know where the notion of 4 galaxies came from

all the sources that say DBverse is 4 galaxies also states the "galaxies" to be mere divisions created for convenience by the gods.

then we have a crapload of statements througout the books stating dbverse to be infinite/ever expanding/ made to mirror sci fi perception of our own (ehell, they go as far as using star wars as example. is star wars verse 4 galaxies? >_>)

DBverse is our own universe, divided in 4 parts by gods. these 4 parts are called "galaxies" by the gods for convenience, because they don't care what our own meaning of the word is. they're not actual galaxies as we know. the gods simply gave another meaning to the word "galaxy".

Hiei312 said:
i don't even know where the notion of 4 galaxies came from
all the sources that say DBverse is 4 galaxies also states the "galaxies" to be mere divisions created for convenience by the gods.

then we have a crapload of statements througout the books stating dbverse to be infinite/ever expanding/ made to mirror sci fi perception of our own (ehell, they go as far as using star wars as example. is star wars verse 4 galaxies? >_>)

DBverse is our own universe, divided in 4 parts by gods. these 4 parts are called "galaxies" by the gods for convenience, because they don't care what our own meaning of the word is. they're not actual galaxies as we know. the gods simply gave another meaning to the word "galaxy".
The mods apparently got it from databooks IIRC, even though the 4 galaxy has been clearly contradicted in DB super (rest the universe would've been void if there were only 4 galaxies). That's not the case at all, as we see regular amount of stars and planets in the background outside the galaxy shown in ep 14

The old information appeared to be legitimate: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11656

However, it seems like the Dragonball anime creators changed their minds in the almost 20 years since the old manga and anime ended, or more likely the new staff disagreed with the previous decision regarding the topic. In either case, I have now upgraded the DB characters as you wished.

@Ant: I have a question, Is it possble that turning everything in a universe into a empty vacuum of nothingness considered low 2-C?

Is it possble that turning everything in a universe into a empty vacuum of nothingness considered low 2-C?

2-C = destroying of a time-space

Well, i know that but i'm a bit confused, does time still exist in an empty vacuum of nothingness?

Yes. Why not? Vacuum = empty space. Yes, empty, but - space.

actually..if we're going by real life physics then time can't exist without matter

time is technically just an abstract concept we use to quantify perceived change in matter.

well, in reality, once you remove all reference points, time becomes meaningless, since all units of time are defined by certain physical phenomenon

HOWEVER, i think in fiction, things wud go on without matter, and time wud still exist in the case of fiction

http://www.sciencechatforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=251813

http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jun/in-no-time

http://physics.stackexchange.com/qu...before-the-creation-of-matter-in-the-universe

i'd like to add this is a pretty controversial topic all around. i do believe the majority of ppl think like i do on the matter (no pun intended...) , but it isn't 100% agreed.

definitely not something to be answered by "lol, no" though, as you can clearly see.

in my opinion, i don't think time is an actual thing. it's a concept we came up with for convenience to quantify change.

Wow we did it fam the upgrades are amazing! I would like to Say However, 100% Beerus may be at a Solid 3-A because he was able to "void out" through some technique enough energy that was supposedly able to wipe out the entire universe (Including the fabric of space-time). He's even stated that something of this caliber is only possible if he uses his true abilities to 100%. I know you guys would argue that it's an ability that allows him to do things that is not necessarily in his tier grouping but that's ok I was in thew same boat until I thought of this:

The Technique he uses shouldn't grant him any special abilities it seems like a Low-Tier Reality Warping techinque tbh It's possible because we havent seen feats like this in Canon-Dbz ever and the gods seem to be bringing them lol. It seems to be able to send a set amount of energy to some alternate dimension or just reduce it to nothingness so if he has that ability one would think he can send Multi-Universal attacks away also. This is not true because that would be too much energy for even Beerus to contain his limit seems to be at Universal by unleashing an equal and opposite amount of energy to counter-act that amount of energy.

Whis even stated Beerus lied about using 100% of his power during his battle with goku. He simply said that he used 100% power to nullify that attack just to make Goku upset and forcing to overcome his limits. So 70% Beerus is already unquestionable normal 3-A, so his full power would be high-end 3-A or even reaching tier 2

i wud be happy with what we have now, you know he might get upgraded with new feats, also, keep n mind that beerus is AT LEST high 3-B, which implies he is higher

Back