• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
No one asked for a Polygon take on Eren Jaeger. We got one anyway.

Why? I know they said they were marketing to young women but.....WHY!? I'm not female so I don't see it but I don't know what in Hell could possibly make Haruo likeable.

Also the trilogy is basically his fault, let's just establish that.

WeeklyBattles said:
Gotta love Haruo's hypocrisy of wanting to save humanity while also getting 90% of the surviving population or earth and the few survivors of two dead races killed while also systematically destroying basically every chance they had at killing Godzilla because he wanted to do it himself as a human.
Oh f(bleep), don't remind me. I facepalmed hard at his perplexing decision-making.

WeeklyBattles said:
Gotta love Haruo's hypocrisy of wanting to save humanity while also getting 90% of the surviving population or earth and the few survivors of two dead races killed while also systematically destroying basically every chance they had at killing Godzilla because he wanted to do it himself as a human.
And then he kills himself. Leaving the twin of the woman he cared for pregnant. And he put Yuko down like a 20 year old dog with arthritis.

Why're we supposed to like him again?

Dragopentling said:
Also, talk about the failed romance...yea, so much for trying to focus on the humans. We wanted kaijus bashing each other around, not dragged out drama queens.
It's sad when Planet Eater came closest to giving us a fight and 95% of it is Ghidorah treating Godzilla like a chew toy.

WeeklyBattles said:
Failed romance is an understatement lol

Mr 'Im going to get a girl pregnant and then take my dead ex into the last piece of technology that could help humanity thrive so i can suicide bomb godzilla because reasons'
With that in mind, even though I personally don't like Eren myself, at least I can acknowledge his character development. Haruo, on the other hand, is a sinking pile of despair that I found somewhat comparable to Shinji.

Dragopentling said:
And then the other 5% is Goji basically ROFL stomping Ghidorah like a ragdoll after the latter was turned 3D.
More or less. Like he tries biting the atomic breath. Why? That's just stupid.

Though I at least kind of appreciate them having Godzilla attack physically. It's nice to see, rather smooth.

I personally really enjoyed the movies, more so the second and third films. I think everyone who hates Haruo forgets that he's essentially been manipulated by (forgot name) the religious alien dude since he was a child. I think people are essentially pissed that the narrative of the trilogy is: technological advancement bad. I also disagree with that narrative but then again I don't live in a world with Kaijus.

@Heat Yes he was manipulated but at the same time the thought process he mas manipulated into having was contradicted a LOT by him just not killing Godzilla and him inadvertently killing a lot of people in his attempts to kill godzilla in his own way

Is it okay if we change subjects from the films now?

Though I kinda think what I thought about bringing up will be on a certain other goji we know too well.

Someone could do it? Thanks I'm highly busy right now.

I want someone to make the edits as soon as possible, 3 moths of a thread is not that simple.

Back