• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Opening his mouth isnt a reaction feat, he didnt physically move his body to stop the beam he just opened his mouth slightly, i can make a gif of it if you'd like

WeeklyBattles said:
Also i looked at that scene again and all Ghidorah did was open his mouth slightly, which...really wouldnt scale to anything
It does scale though. you just need the speed of the beam, the distance it moved and the distance the his mouth moved in comparison to the beam.

@Aguila The problem is Godzilla didnt react to Ghidorah opening or closing his mouth, and the speed wouldnt scale to Ghi's overall speed

As I said.......... I'll look for it in the novels (I have first 2 novels) but I don't know if it's true.

I don't think he was ever injured that badly in this series. It's implied that his fight with Mothra cost him his dorsal plates and made him retreat, but otherwise he kind of plows through everything.

Only when his regenerative ability was basically turned off. And G Earth basically negates that in the second film, turning it into some sort of defense as seen in the third

I'm not trying to downplay G Earth's regen capabilities, I just want that shit accurate as possible, especially when there's likely gonna be more matches with him in the near future, especially with the recent non-legendary Pokémon downgrades.

Frankly I'm all in favor of supporting author intent for the Godzilla series....but sometimes I gotta agree it REALLY doesn't make any damn sense.

For example I'm still in firm belief King Ghidorah's destroyed planets and stars...since Toho said so.

SuperGodzilla Kaiju King said:
Frankly I'm all in favor of supporting author intent for the Godzilla series....but sometimes I gotta agree it REALLY doesn't make any damn sense.

Like what the Hell was with the ending of Planet Eater? I'm sorry but that was atrocious.
I'm with you there man. I did hear that there may be a sequel to the story, whether it'd be books or another anime series. But yea, that ending was perplexing when we could've had more answers for Goji's existence.

And what's with the directors being so uppity? "Oh we love being shunned by traditionalists" excuse me? Is that why they did so poorly? Where do they go off taking a dump on the previous films just to be different? That's just stupid, plain and simple. Godzilla being a plant, MG a city, KG a goddamn Lovecraftian horror-what was the thought process here?

And on further note....despite Legendary saying no stuff over seas, what the Hell does that have to do in Toho saying no monster fights? I don't see the line between those dots

SuperGodzilla Kaiju King said:
And what's with the directors being so uppity? "Oh we love being shunned by traditionalists" excuse me? Is that why they did so poorly? Where do they go off taking a dump on the previous films just to be different? That's just stupid, plain and simple. Godzilla being a plant, MG a city, KG a goddamn Lovecraftian horror-what was the thought process here?
Not gonna lie, the concepts were cool and interesting as hell, but the showcasing in terms of anime-wise was underwhelming (it was still fun to see Goji be....basically Goji)

The trilogy had a lot of potential but they decided to go with almost exclusively the human aspect of a kaiju movie for all three films with only short fight scenes at the ends, and they never really set any characters up to be specifically likeable or relatable so when stuff happened you really didnt have much reason to care

Yeah but they barely gave us time with him. I think he has maybe a half hour of screen time at most in Planet Eater, and ten of those minutes he's a statue. And that's the best from him.

I'll admit the concepts were cool, but execution is what makes or breaks. I share the same opinion about Shin Godzilla personally.

And that's the problem. Human based stories can be amazing in a kaiju flick, but you need to make it work.

Yeah but at least Ken Wattanabe and Bryan Cranston made things interesting. Ford was boring, sure, but they at least gave us something. Haruo is just extremely unlikable.

WeeklyBattles said:
The trilogy had a lot of potential but they decided to go with almost exclusively the human aspect of a kaiju movie for all three films with only short fight scenes at the ends, and they never really set any characters up to be specifically likeable or relatable so when stuff happened you really didnt have much reason to care
Yuko and Metphies are the only first movie characters with a personality. That's how bad it is.

Back