• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God Zamasu Mid Godly regeneration removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mid-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete erasure of body, mind, and soul.

Wiki standard states characters needs to be completely erased & Regenerate on body soul and mind but Hakai never stated to erase characters on that level. So I am suggesting to remove Mid Godly regeneration and replace with Low Godly regeneration.

Or

Revise Regeneration page and remove mind thing so that Zamasu can Keep his Regeneration tier. For now per wiki standard his Regeneration should be downgraded to low godly.

Last edited:
Low godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead of restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, or some other nonphysical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.

Idk seems weird since his regen is above low godly but lower than mid-godly (because of the mind thing)
Do you revise it? Because having him at low godly makes it seem he cant regen from soul erasure lol

unknown.png
Only soul lol

Why is the assumption that Zamasu could regenerate from complete destruction anyway? All Whis states is that the Hakai cannot kill immortals. For all we know, Zamasu could only suffer an erasure of his body and regenerate from his soul. Or he could be resistant to Existence Erasure, like Goku and Frieza in the anime.

Why is the assumption that Zamasu could regenerate from complete destruction anyway? All Whis states is that the Hakai cannot kill immortals. For all we know, Zamasu could only suffer an erasure of his body and regenerate from his soul. Or he could be resistant to Existence Erasure, like Goku and Frieza in the anime.
I don't think he can do the second option since he was fading away when Goku did it before he grabbed mai.

Why is the assumption that Zamasu could regenerate from complete destruction anyway? All Whis states is that the Hakai cannot kill immortals. For all we know, Zamasu could only suffer an erasure of his body and regenerate from his soul.
Because hakai doesn't work that way it erases both body and soul
Or he could be resistant to Existence Erasure, like Goku and Frieza in the anime.
Since when is immortality=resistance to existence erasure. Also using examples from anime for manga, seriously?

Regardless, to answer seriously, I recall that Dragonball doesn't actually separate the soul from the mind. I believe Ki is even stated to be connected to the conscious once, and of course there is the feat where Vegeta negates Babidi's mind control by exerting his Ki.

Even if you disregard this however, it would be quite queer if his mind remained for inexplicable reasons. Hakai is complete and utter annihilation of a being (It even erases the target from history).

You could actually argue that his regeneration is High-Godly, due to the above.

Hakai works on Zamasu, he simply can regenerate from it.

About the OP, the mind comes from the brain, so you can guess what happens to the former if the latter is erased. Even if you know what another user said above about Ki.

I disagree.

Because hakai doesn't work that way it erases both body and soul
Hakai also doesn't work on immortals.
Since when is immortality=resistance to existence erasure.
The only thing Whis said was that the Hakai does not work on immortals. That statement by itself would warrant a resistance.
Also using examples from anime for manga, seriously?
Dragon Ball fans can't read meme?
It even erases the target from history
Not quite. Beerus erasing Zamasu split the timeline in two — one where he was destroyed, and one where he was still alive, as originally intended, and became Goku Black — and Zamasu still existed in the past of Trunks' timeline.

Also, interestingly, Zamasu turned to dust.

OP, the body and soul were both erased, the DB manga to my knowledge does not have a disembodied mind as being a thing, so if the body where the brain, the mind, is erased, where else would the mind be, Occam's razor states we should use the explanation with the least number of assumptions, and as such we should in this assume the brain and the mind are the same thing, and as such when the body and soul are erased, the mind would be included in the erasure and as such, this would be a feat of mid-godly regeneration.

OP, the body and soul were both erased, the DB manga to my knowledge does not have a disembodied mind as being a thing, so if the body where the brain, the mind, is erased, where else would the mind be, Occam's razor states we should use the explanation with the least number of assumptions, and as such we should in this assume the brain and the mind are the same thing, and as such when the body and soul are erased, the mind would be included in the erasure and as such, this would be a feat of mid-godly regeneration.
Drop the scans here where it's stated mind also getting erased.

Does someone have the whis scan...? Anyways
main-qimg-363980553831f81e0d275fabf211f3a7-pjlq.jpg
Beerus says he cannot kill immortals doesn't mean they can resist hakai.
main-qimg-2391bcd1fecb04976df542dd904811a0-pjlq.jpg
Beerus says he can usee destruction to erase someone from existence.

unknown.png
Beerus Hakai also shows sand or whatever that thing is lol

The mind, again, comes from the brain. That's the default assumption unless proven otherwise

The burden of proof falls on you, since you have to prove that Dragon Ball separates the two.

That's what the comment said.
Prove mind comes from brain. How would brain be there when completely wiped out?

Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other nonphysical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.

For Regenerating page mind is not referring to brain. It's your headcanon to say Brain and mind are same. At least with wiki standard

the issue here, was IDK why people are acting as though he was able to resist that level of Hakai with Regen, he had to STOP the Hakai to even begin healing, there's nothing to suggest he would be able to regen it if it had actually fully completed
Why would Zamasu be aware of his level of regeneration? He has never encountered anyone that could threaten him before that

the issue here, was IDK why people are acting as though he was able to resist that level of Hakai with Regen, he had to STOP the Hakai to even begin healing, there's nothing to suggest he would be able to regen it if it had actually fully completed
He was going to get erased if goku didnt stop, if his body got erased he would have just regen from it since Beerus can't kill immortals.

If beerus can't kill immortals what makes you think goku was going to erase him with that hakai?
He could technically erase, but Zamasu would simply regenerate from that, so it wouldn't be useful. He isn't immune to hakai as it clearly worked on him

Again, you just argue semantics to make your point
Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other nonphysical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.
Well Regeneration page explanation comes from wiki standards not from my explanation. Every verses should follow same thing

Drop the scans here where it's stated mind also getting erased.
Show me evidence of the mind and brain being different within dragon ball, as I said before Occam's Razor has us take the explanation with the least amount of assumptions, we have no showings or statements of the mind and brain in dragon ball being separate, to assume they has more assumptions compared to believing that the mind and the brain are one and the same in dragon ball as with real life

The Low Godly page doesn't say the mind is nonexistent, that's a great strawman.

That falls under a possible aspect of Nonexistent Physiology, which is a separate thing.

Prove mind comes from brain. How would brain be there when completely wiped out?

For Regenerating page mind is not referring to brain. It's your headcanon to say Brain and mind are same. At least with wiki standard
Fundamental knowledge of biology is not "headcanon". The Mind is assumed to be contained within the brain, insofar as the setting does state not otherwise.

Show me evidence of the mind and brain being different within dragon ball, as I said before Occam's Razor has us take the explanation with the least amount of assumptions, we have no showings or statements of the mind and brain in dragon ball being separate, to assume they has more assumptions compared to believing that the mind and the brain are one and the same in dragon ball as with real life
The Low Godly page doesn't say the mind is nonexistent. That falls under a possible aspect of Nonexistent Physiology .
Non physical aspects* destroying physical body should destroy the brain how would brain be there.

It's your burden of proof to show me scans where it's stated mind also getting erased.

For now Zamasu regeneration thing is low godly

Fundamental knowledge of biology is not "headcanon". The Mind is assumed to be contained within the brain, insofar as the setting does state not otherwise.
Appeal to reality and prove wiki follows same things. Also show me scans where it's states erasing soul in DB means erasing mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back