• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Depends on the context behind the "unable to die" statement, is it being unable to die from aging, normally fatal wounds or something else entirely?
kratos and atreus killed him few times but he keeps coming back. (stated by atreus itself)

Last edited:
Depends on the context behind the "unable to die" statement, is it being unable to die from aging, normally fatal wounds or something else entirely?
Both. Even healed from a snapped neck immediately and keeps coming back from the dead. Only way they could calm Garmr down was by infusing Fenrir's soul into him. Fenrir retained all those power-ups save for the "Immunity to Soul Manip" thing.

kratos and atreus killed him few times but he keep comings back. (stated by atreus itself)
Both. Even healed from a snapped neck immediately and keeps coming back from the dead. Only way they could calm Garmr down was by infusing Fenrir's soul into him. Fenrir retained all those power-ups save for the "Immunity to Soul Manip" thing.
Healing from a snapped neck is Type 3, constantly coming back from the dead could be Type 3 or Type 4 depending on how he comes back from the dead, but it's most likely Type 4 since that's the resurrection type of immortality. Which is what this sounds like.

From what i'm seeing Garmr would have Type 3 and Type 4 Immortality.

Healing from a snapped neck is Type 3, constantly coming back from the dead could be Type 3 or Type 4 depending on how he comes back from the dead, but it's most likely Type 4 since that's the resurrection type of immortality. Which is what this sounds like.

From what i'm seeing Garmr would have Type 3 and Type 4 Immortality.
looking from context of the story i dont think you can resurrect in helheim tho.

Idk, i haven't really seen any evidence for Type 1 but if it does exist then yeah, he would have Type 1.
Don't think that's necessary considering Garmr has been explicitly stated to be unable to die due to lacking a soul. Most other peeps of his caliber are also stated to be Immortal and having eternal life.

There's actually plenty of Profiles needed, from Ragnarok alone. There's still quite a few from GOW 2 as well, specifically the Barbarian King, Perseus and Theseus.

Would they be Tier 7 or Tier 2?

I think you could make a case for 2 as well cause Kratos had the rage of the Titans at that point. And Alrik served Hades so I'm sure he had his own amps to explain this

I think you could make a case for 2 as well cause Kratos had the rage of the Titans at that point. And Alrik served Hades so I'm sure he had his own amps to explain this
Kratos was only initially Tier 2 via Rage of the Titans up until he reached Atlas, and whenever he went into Rage, nobody could stand up to him in any essence.

1. Doesn't kratos can't use his greek powers due to fear zeus nullify his powers ? So i think for now i can not really agree what freya sayin
2. GoW R ending is too open i expect there will be another content in future.

I am still skeptical of the "possibly higher" rating based on Freya's statement alone. I'd relegate them to 2-C via 9 universes for now until anything meaningful develops for the other aspects of the tree.
Speaking of, have we established the fact that the Nine Realms are separate space-time continuums in any of the blogs? If not then we likely should.

1. Doesn't kratos can't use his greek powers due to fear zeus nullify his powers ? So i think for now i can not really agree what freya sayin
No, Kratos loses his powers after he channels Hope into the Blade of Olympus and then stabs himself with it to deny Athena any opportunity to rule over mankind.

Speaking of, have we established the fact that the Nine Realms are separate space-time continuums in any of the blogs? If not then we likely should.
We have already, the Norse Blog currently in use already states that time doesn't move the same between the realms.

Only issue is that some of the links are dead, but I have made sandboxes to fix that as well as archive the images wherever possible.

No, Kratos loses his powers after he channels Hope into the Blade of Olympus and then stabs himself with it to deny Athena any opportunity to rule over mankind.
well i mean i am refering to mimir said kratos can't use his bunch of greek magic like lighting, fire, soul, etc. That PoH thing is another topic

well i mean i am refering to mimir said kratos can't use his bunch of greek magic like lighting, fire, soul, etc. That PoH thing is another topic
No, he lost all of them in tandem with Hope. By the time Zeus whacked him out, Kratos was already, effectively, a dead man.

Back