• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Almost forgot

Kratos doesn’t need to sleep as a god (likely extends to the Olympians)
No need to eat, drink or sleep. It definitely extends to all the Olympians but I and BEASTAR had already mentioned this countless times before. It's part of the upcoming CRT since there's a lot of other stuff that's yet to be added. Ragnarok just keeps adding on that pile but I guess even that CRT won't be enough to do the Powers and Abilities justice, might need a few more to finish it off completely.

and Odin can summon blinding light during the final battle
Kinda lazy he'd have Valkyrie powers to boot but I guess that's what you get after screwing over Freya like that for all her secrets.

He also has a “binding spell” and weird glyph but idk what that is (Sealing?)
Something something Freya got screwed over.

So odin's new abilities will be time manipulation, light manipulation, memory manipulation, flight and that's as far as i can remember.

Mimir also states he dosen't need sleep. When kratos said gods don't nap mimir says "tell that to thor" which could mean norse gods don't need sleep as well. Thor is just drunk and lazy and that's why he naps sometimes.

So odin's new abilities will be space-time manipulation, light manipulation, memory manipulation, flight and that's as far as i can remember.
FTFY, since, well... Realm Shift, Bifrost BS and stuff.

Mimir also states he dosen't need sleep.
Mimir also says he can't drown in the Temple Trap scene.

When kratos said gods don't nap mimir says "tell that to thor" which could mean norse gods don't need sleep as well. Thor is just drunk and lazy and that's why he naps sometimes.
The Primordials also fought against each other in a battle that seemingly raged on for an eternity in a period where time did not exist, and suffered no ill effects.

But why? Hermes is 2-C
No joke idk why Hermes is > Persephone
The real win is City Level Aphrodite
No need to eat, drink or sleep. It definitely extends to all the Olympians but I and BEASTAR had already mentioned this countless times before. It's part of the upcoming CRT since there's a lot of other stuff that's yet to be added. Ragnarok just keeps adding on that pile but I guess even that CRT won't be enough to do the Powers and Abilities justice, might need a few more to finish it off completely.
No I mean; current Kratos still has that ability
Kinda lazy he'd have Valkyrie powers to boot but I guess that's what you get after screwing over Freya like that for all her secrets.
True
I’m Lowkey disappointed he doesn’t have attack reflection or power nullification like the Myths tho
Something something Freya got screwed over.
What ability would it be at this point
So odin's new abilities will be time manipulation, light manipulation, memory manipulation, flight and that's as far as i can remember.
Yep, likely stuff like plant manipulation, Homing Attack, Explosion Manipulation and Poison as well (maybe Deconstruction since Thor evaporates)
Mimir also states he dosen't need sleep. When kratos said gods don't nap mimir says "tell that to thor" which could mean norse gods don't need sleep as well. Thor is just drunk and lazy and that's why he naps sometimes.
tbh Thor might just be because he drinks so much
Tiny issue, Aegaeon is > Cronos in terms of physical strength and equal to Atlas as per Ariel's statements with notes of having better upper body strength than both. The only other interview where Aegaeon is considered to be the strongest of them all is in the GameTrailers: God of War Ascension - Game Director Interview video, but that's all it says, whereas Ariel's tweet lays out more details with Aegaeon's strength and where the advantages lie.

The Intro only states that Zeus freed the guy after the War when he just so happened upon him in the Underworld.
Still tho, why would Zeus bother with such a man if he wasn’t useful to the war effort, he’s clearly coded as a someone who’s big strong
I believe that's more or less answered by Ares' desire to hone Kratos into the perfect warrior to tear down Olympus itself as per Ascension gradually, not that he got it at once upon getting the Blades.
yep, Athena even mentions he was always intended to kill Gods

Probably not gonna happen but i would love to play as a Odin. I think he is very cool guy tho. Sometimes Odin actually reflect me as a person in real life tbh.

No joke idk why Hermes is > Persephone
The real win is City Level Aphrodite
Nah, real win is watching Aphrodite rock continents with blessed brutal seggs so extreme that your controller's Circle Button fails.

This is not a joke, the DualSense has failed. Trash-ass controller. In the Xbox Controller we trust.

No I mean; current Kratos still has that ability
We were talking about both actually. How Kratos only eats to sate his appetites now. Only tries to sleep to get a peace of mind, doesn't do it actually for rest.

True

I’m Lowkey disappointed he doesn’t have attack reflection or power nullification like the Myths tho
Huh. interesting.

What ability would it be at this point
Freya Manipulation, Vanir Manipulation, Ex-Wife Manipulation, take your pick

Yep, likely stuff like plant manipulation, Homing Attack, Explosion Manipulation and Poison as well (maybe Deconstruction since Thor evaporates)
Hmmm.

Still tho, why would Zeus bother with such a man if he wasn’t useful to the war effort, he’s clearly coded as a someone who’s big strong
Maybe Zeus found him funny. IDK.

yep, Athena even mentions he was always intended to kill Gods
An impressive skill feat if anything else. Better note that down too.

Idk if anybody answered this already but thor can make himself into pure lightning and i was wondering if that could be low godly regen?

Nah, real win is watching Aphrodite rock continents with blessed brutal seggs so extreme that your controller's Circle Button fails.

This is not a joke, the DualSense has failed. Trash-ass controller. In the Xbox Controller we trust.
Rip
We were talking about both actually. How Kratos only eats to sate his appetites now. Only tries to sleep to get a peace of mind, doesn't do it actually for rest.
Ah right
Huh. interesting.
Mythical Odin is broken, dude has 18 spells and all of them ruin your day
Freya has most of those and Odin explicitly knows all she does
Also he might need Social Influencing
Maybe Zeus found him funny. IDK.
Just talks shit about Cronos
An impressive skill feat if anything else. Better note that down too.
Aye
It’s worth noting Ares could match him every step of the way (he may also have higher durability then we think but that’s a whole other thing)
Probably not gonna happen but i would love to play as a Odin. I think he is very cool guy tho. Sometimes Odin actually reflect me as a person in real life tbh.
1) I’d rather play Thor tbh, dude is cool as hell and he’d be fun gameplay wise
2) that’s concerning

Idk if anybody answered this already but thor can make himself into pure lightning and i was wondering if that could be low godly regen?
I think that’s just intangibility since the Greek Gods have similar
I’m curious when he turns into lightning tho, that’s cool hax. He might also get Rage Power but idk

I think that’s just intangibility since the Greek Gods have similar
I’m curious when he turns into lightning tho, that’s cool hax. He might also get Rage Power but idk
In the second battle with kratos he gets his rage power or whatever and turns into lightning multiple times.

Aye
It’s worth noting Ares could match him every step of the way (he may also have higher durability then we think but that’s a whole other thing)
It's kind of the other way around, Kratos matching Ares every step of the way and Ares then getting pissed as ****, playing mind games on him right then and there to demotivate him. Ares loves using every dirty trick in the book to humiliate his victims before shanking them.

As for dura, you could honestly argue both had greater dura because of Ares' crazy AD given how quickly he slaughtered Artemis + Poseidon combined in Athena's dreams. Though I wonder where the hell Hades is in this equation because that'd just give him a shitton of souls to consume and even more power to even the odds tho given how badly he got the tables turned on him by Kratos I can understand the hesitation even on that front).

1) I’d rather play Thor tbh, dude is cool as hell and he’d be fun gameplay wise
2) that’s concerning
Considering the ****-up Squeenix did, yeah.

In the second battle with kratos he gets his rage power or whatever and turns into lightning multiple times.
Isn't he just coating his body in lightning instead of turning into it tho?

Also I think Thor has some decent heat resistance, was kinda hard to tell with the camera angle but when traveling with him in Muspelheim there's a moment where Atreus moves across a ledge to bypass some lava that's flowing down while Thor seems to just jump through it without being affected.

It's kind of the other way around, Kratos matching Ares every step of the way and Ares then getting pissed as ****, playing mind games on him right then and there to demotivate him. Ares loves using every dirty trick in the book to humiliate his victims before shanking them.
Ah right
Yeah Ares was a dick
As for dura, you could honestly argue both had greater dura because of Ares' crazy AD given how quickly he slaughtered Artemis + Poseidon combined in Athena's dreams. Though I wonder where the hell Hades is in this equation because that'd just give him a shitton of souls to consume and even more power to even the odds tho given how badly he got the tables turned on him by Kratos I can understand the hesitation even on that front).
Tbh I mean the fact his armour is described as mostly Invulnerable by Kratos in the novel, only pierced by the Blade of the Gods and Ares’ own limbs
Considering the ****-up Squeenix did, yeah.
?
If he doesn't display it or is stated to have it, no
yeah makes no sense
Isn't he just coating his body in lightning instead of turning into it tho?
I think he teleports too
Also I think Thor has some decent heat resistance, was kinda hard to tell with the camera angle but when traveling with him in Muspelheim there's a moment where Atreus moves across a ledge to bypass some lava that's flowing down while Thor seems to just jump through it without being affected.
hes also able to just grip the Blade of Chaos and isn’t frozen by Leviathan
He also might resist Heimdall’s powers since the Watchman is afraid of him
No, he literally turns into lightning. It's more of a speed move than anything.
hmm when?

Tbh I mean the fact his armour is described as mostly Invulnerable by Kratos in the novel, only pierced by the Blade of the Gods and Ares’ own limbs
Likely not even a factor given that Olympian weapons exist to pierce such stuff and even then Ares was noted to triumph hard. Blade of the Gods isn't even the best weapon in the verse.

Avengers

He also shows some fire manipulation in the final battle if i am not mistaken.
Think so too
Fun
I also think thor teleports to odin when he calls him and atreus is with him.
i think that’s more stealth funnily
Likely not even a factor given that Olympian weapons exist to pierce such stuff and even then Ares was noted to triumph hard. Blade of the Gods isn't even the best weapon in the verse.
Eh
What

Square Enix ****** up the Avengers game
Ah

also holy shit

garm ate concepts, he devoured the season between Winter and Spring and that sensation of being so hungry you stop being hungry. He apparently also can resurrect and has no soul until Fenrir’s was bestowed

also apparently Tyr just grew his arm back somehow, no idea how. Freyr also seems to have somehow recovered from burns
What was teleportation feat for thor you where talking about?
I recall a flash of lightning in gameplay allowing Thor to teleloort

Ah

also holy shit

garm ate concepts, he devoured the season between Winter and Spring and that sensation of being so hungry you stop being hungry. He apparently also can resurrect and has no soul until Fenrir’s was bestowed

also apparently Tyr just grew his arm back somehow, no idea how. Freyr also seems to have somehow recovered from burns

I recall a flash of lightning in gameplay allowing Thor to teleloort
We already discussed garmr's feat with season.

Tyr likely regenerated.

Also, atreus should have time slow ability as well.

Do we know how many people have been in contact with Gondul? It's stated in 2018 that her figure was so stunning it literally drove men insane and Odin had to ban her from Midgard because of it. I know Odin frequently dealt with her and the other valkyries so he'd probably get a resistance to madness manipulation since he never went insane from her, Kratos and Atreus also didn't go mad when speaking with her freed form (Kratos already has the resistance due to greek stuff but Atreus doesn't have it listed).

Back