• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I do hope we get Freya her own profile. She'd likely scale to holding-back Kratos and be 2-C herself, plus she has some neat powers.
Yeah she deserves it
So Heimdall can see everything, read minds, slow down time, conjure up new limbs, and talk shit, and he lost to a dude with a duplicating spear
he can also create explosions
Yes, I find it also weird that Odin's brothers are literally nowhere to be found in this dire time of need given their overall importance.
like I’d have expected Tyr to have been one of them somehow

Alright so here are matches I wanna try if/when those mfs get profiles

Zeus vs Odin
Zeus vs Thor
Hercules vs Thor
Hercules vs Magni
Athena vs Freya
Hermes vs Heimdall
Gaia vs Jormungandr
Cronos vs Niddhog
Helios vs Baldur

Zeus vs Odin
Zeus.
Zeus vs Thor
Zeus.
Hercules vs Thor
Huh. I dunno who's stronger, but I'll say Thor due to flight and ranged attacks
Hercules vs Magni
Hercules
Athena vs Freya
Huh. For some reason we never actually see Athena fight that much in the series. And we've got no clue what she's capable of in her Higher existence. But I want to say Athena
Hermes vs Heimdall
Heimdall via precog
Gaia vs Jormungandr
Jormugandr
Cronos vs Niddhog
Nidhogg
Helios vs Baldur
Baldur

She should have a page back in 2018 tbh
Yeah perhaps
Isn't Tyr Odin's son?
Depends, in versions he's Odin's son but in others he's the son of the Giant Hymir
Alright so here are matches I wanna try if/when those mfs get profiles

Zeus vs Odin
Zeus vs Thor
Hercules vs Thor
Hercules vs Magni
Athena vs Freya
Hermes vs Heimdall
Gaia vs Jormungandr
Cronos vs Niddhog
Helios vs Baldur
Honestly I'd suggest Surtur vs Cronos . Greeks likely have an edge but I think Baldur, Freya. Heimdall and the Big Beasts win their respective fights

Freya definitely wins hers. Same with Heimdall and the Norse monsters.
Yeah Athena only really has Invisibility as an X Factor, Freya has all kinds of hax like Homing Attack, Poison Manipulation, Satus Effect Inducement, Wind Manipulation, etc

Yeah Athena only really has Invisibility as an X Factor, Freya has all kinds of hax like Homing Attack, Poison Manipulation, Satus Effect Inducement, Wind Manipulation, etc
Plus Resurrection, Time Manipulation and Time Stop, Curse Manipulation, Shapeshifting and likely more I'm missing.

Also are you Team Atreus X Angroboda or Team Atreus X Thrud
How wild is it that we've gotten to the point of shipping wars in God of War? Personally, AxT tho.

Plus Resurrection, Time Manipulation and Time Stop, Curse Manipulation, Shapeshifting and likely more I'm missing.
Plus you can make an argument for her sharing powers with Odin since both mastered Seidr magics so stuff like Sealing and Power Bestowal could be on the table
How wild is it that we've gotten to the point of shipping wars in God of War? Personally, AxT tho.
TBH I'm more shocked by Kratos having actual friends and shit
Nah Thrud best girl, let Olympus and Asgard be united. Also, god I hope we get a Ragnarok novelisation, imagine the added moments (Plus it'd be funny if we get a statement Kratos resists Freya's magic lmao)

New GoW meme
woo-woo-everywhere.jpg

Plus you can make an argument for her sharing powers with Odin since both mastered Seidr magics so stuff like Sealing and Power Bestowal could be on the table
It'd definitely be present as a "Likely X, Y, Z... (Has mastered the same Seidr magics as Odin and would likely be capable of utilizing his magical abilities). Funny how Freya and Odin are the main haxwalls of the Norse World.
TBH I'm more shocked by Kratos having actual friends and shit
Wonder how Greek Kratos would feel seeing his future self. Shocked? Envious?
Nah Thrud best girl, let Olympus and Asgard be united
And Thor and Kratos could be the father-in-laws that barely get along.

Depends, in versions he's Odin's son but in others he's the son of the Giant Hymir
Likely the former in GOW, as Atreus says he always thought he was a god and not a giant and Mimir confirms that he is
Freya definitely wins hers. Same with Heimdall and the Norse monsters

Maybe. But Athena has concept Hax, can't forget about that.
Also are you Team Atreus X Angroboda or Team Atreus X Thrud
A X A, easily. Thrud didn't really strike me a love interest. They're definitely setting up a romance between Atreus and Angroboda, same with Kratos and Freya
Wonder how Greek Kratos would feel seeing his future self. Shocked? Envious?
I think he'd be proud.
LMFAO

Back