• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Honestly, I wanna see giant spirit kaiju Kratos chop down Yggdrasil with the Leviathan Axe.
I can see the Yggdrasil getting severely shatter as a result of Kratos and Thor's clash.

Because why not, we get a good excuse to make GoW characters possibly Multiversal+.

Maybe even Immeasurable Speed if they ended up to fight outside the nine realms, aka outside time and space.

I'm kind of curious how Athena will be used; like she's still out there and is an absolutely massive character but she also did nothing and I'm unsure how she'll have room in GOW 2018
I can see the Yggdrasil getting severely shatter as a result of Kratos and Thor's clash.
Because why not, we get a good excuse to make GoW characters possibly Multiversal+.
It's possible but I kinda am unsure if that'll happen; it's cool but God of War 2018 seemed to be relatively grounded (at least in general stuff) and I feel Kratos having a Dragonball fight with Thicc Thor to shatter Yggdraisil feels a bit inconsistent with the more intimate fights they're going with.

Not saying they won't scale to it; I just don't think we'll have such a clear cut feat

Yeah, just checked. Damn.
DMC was worse since weren't they 7-A at one point?
Pretend it doesn't exist.
Based
In all seriousness, I'm not sure. Maybe wait for Ragnarok to release so we can see how inter-myth movement actually works?
This is my guess tbh
I think the books and comics have given us enough to make questions but I think Fallen God Season 2 and Ragnarok can add to our understanding here

Honestly Im scared the next game might really shit on Kratos. Pretty much give him the Luke Skywalker or Joel treatment.

It's very trendy in Western media the last few years to go the deconstructive, downplaying route with legacy male protagonists.

Also depending on how they further explain inter-myth travel and existence, the verse may face heavy downgrades.

We'll see I guess, but this is the first time I can say I'm not remotely excited for a new GoW. Not just for story fears but the fact that its literally still a PS4 game with a PS5 port. So its simply not going to be a big jump in scale and presentation.

Honestly Im scared the next game might really shit on Kratos. Pretty much give him the Luke Skywalker or Joel treatment.
I mean its possible but its also far from likely, Kratos's character in GoW4 wasn't be treated like Joel and with Cory Barlog as producer of GoW Ragnarök the chances are even lower.

We'll see I guess, but this is the first time I can say I'm not remotely excited for a new GoW. Not just for story fears but the fact that its literally still a PS4 game with a PS5 port. So its simply not going to be a big jump in scale and presentation.
That isn't necessarely a bad thing to be honest, if the game focus on improving the base (in terms of gameplay and story) of the previous installment while fixing the flawes, we should still get a great game.

Last edited:
I honestly don't care at all that it isn't a massive jump in presentation. The graphics are good, the gameplay is good and that's enough for me. I'm more in it for the story.

And I doubt Kratos will get the Joel treatment.

Also depending on how they further explain inter-myth travel and existence, the verse may face heavy downgrades.
Unlikely. At most, it'll just mean that the different realms and dimensions like the 8 other realms, The Greek Underworld, Nyx's world etc. are adjacent to the earth as opposed to being physically on it. Which might just downgrade some range feats.

On the topic of how the myths work geographically it's frustrating that the developers seem to not be giving it a bit more thought.

They could have avoided the messiness of possible unintentional rectons if they just gave a few easily thought of explanations.

My working theory has always been that the Greek sphere of influence gradually stopped being it's own 'realm' after the events of three and it became normal Greece/Mediterranean geographically. Thus allowing easy travel in and out of it. Otherwise people would literally be sailing off the disk edge.

That itsn't necessarely a bad thing to be honest, if the game focus on improving the base (in terms of gameplay and story) of the previous installment while fixing the flawes, we should still get a great game.
Improvements, even gameplay wise, are hard to make when at its base it has to work on 2013 hardware. So it kinda chills the hype for me.

GoW3 was a huge jump from 2. And 4 was an arguably even bigger jump from 3. All owing to a new console generation.

The only good thing to be honest is that the PS5 is still rare (and for me doesn't have enough games yet to worth the purchase) so people can just play it on their existing PS4.

We'll see. It may end up like GOW2 and be the best in the series despite being on the same console as the prior one.

Last edited:
Sorry for long inactive..... i have some problems in real life.

But is it safe to say that baldur has very good regeneration due to able to survive attack from blade of chaos which able to kill conceptual being ?

Sorry for long inactive..... i have some problems in real life.
It's alright, this isn't mandatory.
But is it safe to say that baldur has very good regeneration due to able to survive attack from blade of chaos which able to kill conceptual being ?
He didn't actually regenerate from that level of damage so no. At most his invulnerability might extend to conceptual attacks if that.

I don't see any direct statements that "timelines and realities[4][5][6], is but[7] part[1] of the physical "ash tree" form of Yggdrasil)"

instead i found that in GoW Lore and legend, "everything sits on top of roots and branch of Yggdrasil."
That's because there is no "true" form of the Yggdrasil. The game makes no such distinctions. The only thing we get is the artistic representation in Tyr's temple but I don't think you can even call that a form of the Yggdrasil.

I think it’s less actual travel and more some weird invisibility hax
Perhaps he shifts himself to another realm’s frequency so while he’s physically there you can’t see him?

it could definitely be some weird range or power null tho

Back