• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I saw this on the God of War's Yggdrasil page as a note:-

Do not attempt to scale the Norse Gods to Yggdrasil based off of Thor and the World Serpent's fight "splintering" it. For one, splintering an object only refers to breaking a small piece off of its totality, which, while impressive, is not anywhere near a feat of affecting the entire tree. Second, the Giant Surtr, in his death blow that apparently consumed all of reality and ended even the Aesir Gods, explicitly did not affect Yggdrasil and was just serving its cycle of death and rebirth/beginning and end, as stated by Mimir. As such, it'd be highly unreliable to scale any Gods even to Yggdrasil's physical form.

This justification is actually quite lame. Surtur is the one who destroys the Yggdrasil. Its reincarnation hax has doesn't take this feat away. Also, this is the description of 2-A on the Tiering system page:-

Characters who are capable of significantly affecting, creating and/or destroying a countably infinite number of space-time continuums.

Notice the words in bold. "Significantly affecting". Splintering a tree is definitely "significantly affecting" it, as this is how a splintered tree looks.

"for one, splintering an object only refers to breaking a small piece off of its totality,"
This definition is very wrong.

This is the correct definition of "splinter"
"break or cause to break into small sharp fragments."

"for one, splintering an object only refers to breaking a small piece off of its totality,"
This definition is very wrong.

This is the correct definition of "splinter"
"break or cause to break into small sharp fragments."
It's still significantly affecting, just take a look at the pictures of a splintered tree. Now imagine the Yggdrasil like that.

They don't affect the entirety of Yggdrasil, only an infinitesimal fraction of it. The Yggdrasil we physically see is simply a physical embodiment of Yggdrasil as opposed to the real Yggdrasil.

They don't affect the entirety of Yggdrasil, only an infinitesimal fraction of it. The Yggdrasil we physically see is simply a physical embodiment of Yggdrasil as opposed to the real Yggdrasil.
If I affect infinity, regardless of how small, is that not infinity?

Also, is not in reference to the one Kratos & Atreus were looking at while Freya was explaining? Why would the fight between Thor and Jourmungander happen in that small room, as opposed to, you know, the actual Nine Realms?

Glass actually plans to clean up the entirety of GoW once he's done with his other verses' CRT.

But I'll tag him and the other experts anyway just in case.

@Theglassman12 @GilverTheProtoAngelo @Dienomite22

Obi is on a personal block and doesn't seem to be too invested in joining us back for at least a year or more.

Last edited:
Also we don't know if Surtr is going to destroy all the other infinite possibilities of said realms or just the 9 core realms (Said infinite possibilities are not connected to the 9 main realms in any way according to the information we have right now). So until Ragnarok comes out and gives us the information necessary, I'd suggest avoiding 2-A scaling to the Gods entirely.

Thor and Jörmi should be 2A tho considering they able to shake the entire Tree which is count as significantly affecting eventually they also capable to Splinters it, though they didnt destroys the Tree but it also shown their power are strong enough to affecting 2A Structures

Also we don't know if Surtr is going to destroy all the other infinite possibilities of said realms or just the 9 core realms (Said infinite possibilities are not connected to the 9 main realms in any way according to the information we have right now). So until Ragnarok comes out and gives us the information necessary, I'd suggest avoiding 2-A scaling to the Gods entirely.
The confirmation seems to be the core realms but I need to reread the murals

Thor and Jörmi should be 2A tho considering they able to shake the entire Tree which is count as significantly affecting eventually they also capable to Splinters it, though they didnt destroys the Tree but it also shown their power are strong enough to affecting 2A Structures
To be fair they shook the realms not Ygg itself if it’s what I’m thinking of

To be fair they shook the realms not Ygg itself if it’s what I’m thinking of
They did shake the Nine Realms but also splinter the tree.

And honestly, I dunno how to move on this. Splintering a tree is very much significantly affecting it and I'm not sure where we even got the idea it was a small part when all that's said is they fought hard enough to damage it in some capacity. On the other hand, I'd rather wait for Ragnarok to confirm things before making any potential massive upgrades.

The fight between Ymir and Odin threatened all of creation as per Mimir. That would include the Yggdrasil. Odin slayed Ymir, who created the Yggdrasil.

Thor and Odin together could kill Surtur, who destroyed the Yggdrasil in his dying blow alone (though the Yggdrasil has a reincarnation hax).

I guess 2-A rating for the Norse Gods is fine even right now.

They did shake the Nine Realms but also splinter the tree.

And honestly, I dunno how to move on this. Splintering a tree is very much significantly affecting it and I'm not sure where we even got the idea it was a small part when all that's said is they fought hard enough to damage it in some capacity. On the other hand, I'd rather wait for Ragnarok to confirm things before making any potential massive upgrades.
Yeah i agree,i think using possibly key is work

Between Ymir, Ymir's death to Odin, Sutr and the splintering by Thor and Jormugandr, 2-A is looking oddly consistent.

But I dunno, what do the rest of you think?
Yeah no, I don't think so, the "infinite possibilities" aren't covered the initial blood-flow from Ymir's corpse.

Well, since the thread has been answered, I think it best we close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back