• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

They’re key to the Redeemed Warrior and could be fun debates
Yeah man. They have a lot of feats. Imagine dragurs fighting the Imps from DOOM. Or even in verse fights, like a Cyclops vs a Troll
Plus didn’t she stalemate Kratos? It certainly seems she’s powerful (maybe not profile worthy but still)
I believe so. Kratos did say was very strong. I guess we still need to know more about her

Regarding Faye,

It's unclear how she scales to Kratos in a fight. We don't even know if Kratos used the Blades of Chaos in that skirmish they had.

Regardless, I find it interesting that it was stated in the Lore and Legends book that Faye avoided directly fighting Thor.

It's unclear how she scales to Kratos in a fight. We don't even know if Kratos used the Blades of Chaos in that skirmish they had.
Or even if Kratos was even trying. But I think it's fair to say she is somewhat on par with him, maybe not as strong.
I kinda hope we get a model for her appearance eventually.
Honestly, part of me kinda hopes not l, but at the same time does. I like this mysterious faceless entity that she is depicted as. But that curiosity always gets to me. It kinda reminds of rose quartz from early parts of Steven universe. I think we got a very small clue of what she might look like from the wall in Jotunheim. But I think we'll see her, eventually.

Honestly, part of me kinda hopes not l, but at the same time does. I like this mysterious faceless entity that she is depicted as. But that curiosity always gets to me. It kinda reminds of rose quartz from early parts of Steven universe. I think we got a very small clue of what she might look like from the wall in Jotunheim. But I think we'll see her, eventually.
It’s kind of like how Souls leaves so much mysterious
We know nothing about Faye

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/373121-god-war-devs-say-aimed-mythical-realism#:~:text=Santa%20Monica%20Studio%20has%20been,its%20upcoming%20God%20of%20War.&text=An%20idea%20was%20pitched%20to,really%20minimalist%20and%20really%20realistic.”

Also "separated by geography" is not clearly defined in GoW context. I guess what people believe in myth would be real in GoW Verse. (With interpretation of GoW dev). I think it has something to do with mythical realism which Cory mentioned back in 2018 interview. Someone need to ask GoW Dev to elaborate more about mythical realism.

Unrelated but I reread the GoW 2 novel and its kinda funny how hyped up the Spear of Destiny was in it, considering I almost never used it.

Wait, i thought Kratos lower tier got downgraded to tier 8?
It was syggested but the GOW UES thread got made and then my threads about UES got made so we're waiting for that to go through
May revisit the topic tho since while I do agree with some of the debunks I do think some of my other points still hold decent water (especially the fact the Furies are currently a composite page)

Last edited:
Why do the Furies still have a composite page if everyone agreed they should be separate? Also not only that, Sigrun, and Persephone's profiles need updating. Apparently Hephaestus has a profile for some reason and he's Island level for virtually no reason

Why do the Furies still have a composite page if everyone agreed they should be separate?
Laziness
Also not only that, Sigrun, and Persephone's profiles need updating. Apparently Hephaestus has a profile for some reason and he's Island level for virtually no reason
I think that's via the old "pre-Acheron" scaling that had the gods at Tier 6 but that makes even less sense. I do agree he should either be "unknown, higher with prep" (The whip did harm Kratos pretty bad and he created something to contain the Sins) or just outright deleted.

Sigrun deserves an update though (I think the card game mentions she is most able to kill Odin which is neat) and Hermes might need a tier dropped but that gets into CRT's.

The cause of Alot of things here.
think that's via the old "pre-Acheron" scaling that had the gods at Tier 6 but that makes even less sense. I do agree he should either be "unknown, higher with prep" (The whip did harm Kratos pretty bad and he created something to contain the Sins) or just outright deleted.
Oh ok. I don't get why he has a page in the first place, he's never seen in a fight. But a rating based on preparation would be ok
Sigrun deserves an update though (I think the card game mentions she is most able to kill Odin which is neat) and Hermes might need a tier dropped but that gets into CRT's.
Yeah she's still 4A, mftl, and, class G. Persephone needs class G and Sub- Relativistic likey FTL speed. Hermes tier dropping I'm fine with I guess, but yeah that probably best for a crt, as He does strike Kratos in a scripted animation if you don't cut off his leg quick enough.

Oh ok. I don't get why he has a page in the first place, he's never seen in a fight. But a rating based on preparation would be ok
Yeah I don’t get it either
Yeah she's still 4A, mftl, and, class G.
Wait wouldn’t Sigrun be infinite since Kratos is treated as relative to III?
Persephone needs class G and Sub- Relativistic likey FTL speed
Agree on Sephone with how she’s scaled
. Hermes tier dropping I'm fine with I guess, but yeah that probably best for a crt, as He does strike Kratos in a scripted animation if you don't cut off his leg quick enough.
Yeah I agree with a crt. Im not exactly a huge fan of the QTE fail reasoning though, it’s not the intended path for the player and it kinda screws scaling just a tad.

Wait wouldn’t Sigrun be infinite since Kratos is treated as relative to III?
Oh no, thats what she is on her profile, from when GOW was downgraded from infinite (for whatever reason) then put back on infinite. Her page was never changed.
Yeah I agree with a crt. Im not exactly a huge fan of the QTE fail reasoning though, it’s not the intended path for the player and it kinda screws scaling just a tad.
Fair enough. Is he shown fighting any of the Titans? Could help him out.

Oh no, thats what she is on her profile, from when GOW was downgraded from infinite (for whatever reason) then put back on infinite. Her page was never changed.
I hate the Infinite stuff but she should be upgraded to be uniform with that other stuff
I don't think so

He's shown participating in the first Great War, though it's a brief instance of dodging an attack from a Titan in his giant form. Other than that, no.

I kinda hope we see Athena. Personally, I hope they don't rehash that "they were possessed by the Evils" plotline with the Aesir (though seeing the Evils in any other circumstances would be neat). PoH is still with Kratos, albeit very diminished so we might see it I think.

I kinda hope we see Athena. Personally, I hope they don't rehash that "they were possessed by the Evils" plotline with the Aesir (though seeing the Evils in any other circumstances would be neat). PoH is still with Kratos, albeit very diminished so we might see it I think.
I could see Athena be the one who instigated the conflict between Kratos and the Aesir, trying to cause the Ragnarok to speed up in the tentative to once again become the absolute god like she tried to do back in GoW3, along with finish Kratos as not only he its a threat to her plans but because she want revenge over Kratos as he given the PoH to humanity instead of her.

And for the PoH itself, i could see him evoke it once again, maybe in case he ended up dying (by sacrifice himself to save Atreus) he may just ascend like Athena did, becoming the embodiment of hope itself, becoming the God of Hope, which would be fitting narratively speaking if this its the last game of the main series.

Last edited:
Back