• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I’m thinking November
We know it’s not been pushed back and we’re getting a lot of teases recently so I think we’re going to see marketing kickoff

I'm thinking, against all efforts, Ragnarok occurs and it absolutely wipes out the realms. Atreus is resentful of Kratos for his actions wiping out his home (either with validity or not) and the two separate with Kratos trying to find his son in an attempt at reconciliation, who he tracked to Egypt

How do you think / hope GoW Ragnarok ends?
Personally i can see Athena as the final antagonist of the game, with Thor and Odin as the main antagonists for most of the story.

She could try to exploit the imminent Ragnarok to become the all mighty goddness like she wanted back in Greece, other to get revenge on Kratos.

She may ended up as the final boss of the game, after maybe getting a power boost which would turn her into a serious threat.

Aside for that, Kratos may ended up sacrifice himself to save Atreus, like it was predicted by Faye, only to resurrect like Athena did back in GoW3.

He may even see getting the Power of Hope back for the final fight, like he actually transcendence by becoming the God of Hope, which would be fitting/ironic for his character.

After that, he may simply decide to leave the Nine Worlds, knowing that everything its safe and that Atreus no longer need him, finally moving with his life.

I have a feeling Odin probably have more versatile abilities/feat than Zeus, especially with sealing, curse, corruption abilities he has.

Well what do you know? More instances of the Greek Mythology being called a “World” and realm.

“Starting with the release of God of War in 2005 on PlayStation®2, Santa Monica Studio has created seven games across multiple platforms. Up to the most recent release in 2018, the franchise focused on Kratos’ journey in the Greek world, following a path of vengeance as a result of being tricked into killing his family by the Olympian gods”

and

“Prior to the franchise entry released in 2018, God of War™ began in a realm of brutal Greek mythology”

Interesting, world and realms that separated by geography. Now we need to know what separated by geography means in GoW Context.

From what i remembers in classical myth/religions sea believed had infinite size.

I think it’s less actual travel and more some weird invisibility hax
Perhaps he shifts himself to another realm’s frequency so while he’s physically there you can’t see him?

it could definitely be some weird range or power null tho
this might be true.

All realms exist on same physical space, but the fact Valkyrie able to move freely to all realms (hellheim is past), (midgard is present) and (asgard is future) makes me wonder if Valkyrie has legit immeasurable speed feat...

Question shouldn't Zeus, Hades, Ares and Poseidon get the same abilities/resistances as their Redeemed Warriors?

Since the powers the Redeemed Warrior take via Alleigance come from the gods, the gods themself should get them via scaling as well.

Yeah I think so.

Also One thing I've been curious of for a while, is what's going to be done with the Furies moon feat now that Universal energy stuff got accepted?

All realms exist on same physical space
Hey all realms is have its own time and space right? And all realms occupy in the same physical space

Doesn't make it low 1C structure??? I mean the physical space. Because what i read in string theory (brane cosmology), you can have large extradimensional if universe (4D structure) are subspace in higher dimensional space, and yogiri have 1B tiering because the universe is embeded (being subspace) in a large universe

Hey all realms is have its own time and space right? And all realms occupy in the same physical space
Yes.

Doesn't make it low 1C structure??? I mean the physical space. Because what i read in string theory (brane cosmology), you can have large extradimensional if universe (4D structure) are subspace in higher dimensional space, and yogiri have 1B tiering because the universe is embeded (being subspace) in a large universe
No proof that the structure exists on a level of existence infinitely superior to the universes yet, hence why Yggdrasil is now 2-A. We're still waiting for Ragnarok to fill in more deets.

Its downgrade because the only proof is "transcending time and space"
Yeah, that can mean ****-all unless there's clear proof of going to a higher level of existence as well, Athena's case is a solid one but that one really doesn't have much to go on either.

Ah. Well what's your take? I want to say it's an outlier, but you do have the Hammer in multiplayer so I'm not sure.
Basically I agree it's an outlier that makes very little sense when you consider cosmology but It's also worth noting Tisiphone never amplifies herself or any physical weapons so I don't think her powers should be universally applied, especially when they're a main justification for Tier 7 lower tiers

No proof that the structure exists on a level of existence infinitely superior to the universes yet,
I read in tiering system FAQ, the structure must infinitely larger than it subspace. And Yggdrasil's branch stretching out to infinity. Doesn't make it infinitely larger than the space and time??

I read in tiering system FAQ, the structure must infinitely larger than it subspace. And Yggdrasil's branch stretching out to infinity. Doesn't make it infinitely larger than the space and time??
That just gives it infinite branches with infinite possibilities, they need to be proven to exist on a higher level of existence than the realms themselves to qualify for that "infinitely larger" statement.

That just gives it infinite branches with infinite possibilities, they need to be proven to exist on a higher level of existence than the realms themselves to qualify for that "infinitely larger" statement.
No is not infinitely branches, i mean the branch of yggdrasil is literally infinite in size
And the "transcending time, transcending space", is not make it a higher level of existance???

And what i mean in here, according to string theory, you just have to put a 4D universe in larger universe as a subspace of it, and you can have large extradimensional structure. As long as i read, you dont have to proof a higher level or everything like that. Or this is not used in VsB??

No is not infinitely branches, i mean the branch of yggdrasil is literally infinite in size
And the "transcending time, transcending space", is not make it a higher level of existance???

And what i mean in here, according to string theory, you just have to put a 4D universe in larger universe as a subspace of it, and you can have large extradimensional structure. As long as i read, you dont have to proof a higher level or everything like that. Or this is not used in VsB??
The latter part is undergoing a site-wide revision I think.

Back