• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Yes, it is indeed weird how the old PS2, PSP and PS3 era statements remain but for some reason this didn't.
Crazy how we found evidence for a tier 2 nightmare statement from a 2001 guidebook in Japanese only wikis but can't find any evidence for this world tree description existing anywhere other than fictional vs debating areas of the internet.

Yes, it is indeed weird how the old PS2, PSP and PS3 era statements remain but for some reason this didn't.
Crazy how we found evidence for a tier 2 nightmare statement from a 2001 guidebook in Japanese only wikis but can't find any evidence for this world tree description existing anywhere other than fictional vs debating areas of the internet.
Huh really? I can't seem to find these scans anywhere other than V.S.B.W., and they don't seem to have 2 major dev confirmations either:-

I can see your point. But, the website doesn't necessarily have to contain that quote though. The website is to learn MORE about the Norse World, NOT the Yggdrasil itself. And, no. The WayBack machine doesn't even have the data of the website which the post links (September 2018). So it's best to stick with the 2 confirmations we've got by Cory himself till now.
The website doesn't necessarily have to contain the quote but the person who ran the Facebook doesn't put a description in quotes and link to the website unless the quote existed on the website. Wayback shouldn't even be needed to find evidence that the Facebook post existed, looking up the quote should pull up discussions, videos, forums, posts, websites, or anything else talking about the Facebook post too but nothing shows up besides debate forums using the scan or quoting the scan.

This is from Temple of Helios, a novel written by Marianne Krawczyk, they meant to serve as background stories for the characters in Chains of Olympus. The original site is now gone, but it existed at one point, gave you cool artworks for every story you unlocked.

The website doesn't necessarily have to contain the quote but the person who ran the Facebook doesn't put a description in quotes and link to the website unless the quote existed on the website. Wayback shouldn't even be needed to find evidence that the Facebook post existed, looking up the quote should pull up discussions, videos, forums, posts, websites, or anything else talking about the Facebook post too but nothing shows up besides debate forums using the scan or quoting the scan.
Does the WayBack machine have the data of Sept. 2018 for that website "bit.ly/GoWNorse"? No. So obviously, we'd never know if the website contained the quote or not. But we have Cory confirming twice that the quote's canon, so I'd go by just that. It's more than enough for me.

The reason why there wasn't much discussion on that post is because it was deleted/limited to a smaller audience, and the GoW power scaling community wasn't that active in 2018 anyway.

This is from Temple of Helios, a novel written by Marianne Krawczyk, they meant to serve as background stories for the characters in Chains of Olympus. The original site is now gone, but it existed at one point, gave you cool artworks for every story you unlocked.
Is it on WayBack?

Only the bookpage formatted stories are real, as is the concept art, anything else is fake.

Nah, nobody managed to save it. But the stories were captured as screenshots.
That's EXACTLY my point. These are old scans with no WayBack backing them up, yet they only surfaced like 2 years ago (I know this cause' I have been following the GoW power scaling community since a long time). They don't even have dev confirmations about their canonicity, yet we still use them. Similarly, we don't have WayBack to back up this F.B. post or the website it linked, but we do have something which these Greek GoW stories don't have. 2 confirmations by Cory. That's EXACTLY why I'm saying that it's more than enough evidence to use these scans.

Does the WayBack machine have the data of Sept. 2018 for that website "bit.ly/GoWNorse"? No. So obviously, we'd never know if the website contained the quote or not. But we have Cory confirming twice that the quote's canon, so I'd go by just that. It's more than enough for me.
That's irrelevant to the point. If I can find evidence for the temple of helios game (the stuff you linked) existing from a google search but not for this Yggdrasil statement that is a big red flag.
The reason why there wasn't much discussion on that post is because it was deleted/limited to a smaller audience, and the GoW power scaling community wasn't that active in 2018 anyway.
The power scaling community was active, not as much as it is today naturally but it had its audience. The post being limited to a smaller audience on a public Facebook for a game that has incredible hype surrounding it sounds fishier and highly convenient.

I can't buy the facebook post

That's EXACTLY my point. These are old scans with no WayBack backing them up, yet they only surfaced like 2 years ago (I know this cause' I have been following the GoW power scaling community since a long time). They don't even have dev confirmations about their canonicity, yet we still use them.
Marianne Krawczyk was the main writer for the stories as well as all the Greek games including Ascension before departing, and it's no secret to anyone that the site did exist for you to access cool concept art first and foremost. This was way before battleboarding with GOW became this serious, mind you. So to say there is no dev confirmation about their canonicity is simply put, blatantly false. It's more rock solid than the current email conversations that we have about this FB feat that doesn't even exist anymore and literally didn't connect that directly to the game like CoO did.

Similarly, we don't have WayBack to back up this F.B. post or the website it linked, but we do have something which these Greek GoW stories don't have. 2 confirmations by Cory. That's EXACTLY why I'm saying that it's more than enough evidence to use these scans.
Like Dienomite said, irrelevant to the discussion at hand. If we can find screenshots of this obscure story with nothing more than a Google search (Considering that this was literally used to promote Chains of Olympus and its concept art that is 100% real and known to majority), but we can't find this FB post because it got mysteriously deleted while everything else from the Greek Era was left completely untouched and intact, that in and out of itself is insanely problematic to boot, to say nothing of the shit other verses get whenever there are upgrade threads to make them Tier 1 and there is little to no evidence to support it or the evidence used to propose the tier is flimsy as **** at times.

Last edited:
That's irrelevant to the point. If I can find evidence for the temple of helios game (the stuff you linked) existing from a google search but not for this Yggdrasil statement that is a big red flag.

The power scaling community was active, not as much as it is today naturally but it had its audience. The post being limited to a smaller audience on a public Facebook for a game that has incredible hype surrounding it sounds fishier and highly convenient.

I can't buy the facebook post
1. I can't find the existence of a game called "Temple of Helios" anywhere except for a GoW Fandom wiki stating that it did exist. And even that page was published recently. Even if the game existed, that doesn't mean the scans are necessarily real. Even I can use the same logic and say a game like GoW 2018 exists and has the Yggdrasil in it as a focal narrative point, so the F.B. post must've existed. I don't say that though. The only reason why I'm arguing the post's legit is because of 2 confirmations by Cory.

2. These "Temple of Helios" scans surfaced only recently. Quite sussy for a mini-game which existed back in 2007. You can reverse search these scans on Google, but no Y.T. video or guide appears (while it did for the Island of Rhodes website, which was a GoW 2 mini-game). There's no dev confirmation regarding the existence of this "Temple of Helios" game either.

3. The language of this scan in particular sounds extremely battle-boardy and not in-line with the Greek GoW cosmological themes. This doesn't quite feel like something Marianne would write:-

Those are too many redflags for me. Now what can definitively prove that the site and the scans are real? You guessed it right. A major dev's confirmation. That's exactly what the F.B. post has. Yet you guys won't use it. Hmmm...

1. I can't find the existence of a game called "Temple of Helios" anywhere except for a GoW Fandom wiki stating that it did exist. And even that page was published recently. Even if the game existed, that doesn't mean the scans are necessarily real. Even I can use the same logic and say a game like GoW 2018 exists and has the Yggdrasil in it as a focal narrative point, so the F.B. post must've existed. I don't say that though. The only reason why I'm arguing the post's legit is because of 2 confirmations by Cory.

2. These "Temple of Helios" scans surfaced only recently. Quite sussy for a mini-game which existed back in 2007. There's no dev confirmation regarding the existence of this "Temple of Helios" game either.
All of the above claims are incorrect. Check my reply above.

Ironically, now that I look at it, remnants of Temple of Helios actually does exist in some official capacity or another.

Further legitimizing the stories of Temple of Helios. Which mind you, has also been noted down in wikipedia.

3. The language of this scan in particular sounds extremely battle-boardy and not in-line with the Greek GoW cosmological themes. This doesn't quite feel like something Marianne would write:-

This scan is 100% fake. The only real ones are the Tales scans.

Those are too many redflags for me.
Already debunked you on that front. The works are literally written down on the portfolio of former SSM art consultant Paxton Yue, which I have linked above in its web archive form and unarchived form.

Now what can definitively prove that the site and the scans are real? You guessed it right. A major dev's confirmation.
Already did buddy. Check the links above.

That's exactly what the F.B. post has. Yet you guys won't use it. Hmmm...
That FB post is standing on considerably thin ice. We have actual portfolios from Paxton Yue whose visual cues match the Tales to confirm this is not the case.

Ironically, now that I look at it, remnants of Temple of Helios actually does exist in some official capacity or another.

Further legitimizing the stories of Temple of Helios. Which mind you, has also been noted down in wikipedia.

Isn't that funny, the concept art of the Basilisk part matches the Tales pages of the Temple of Helios to a T.

Those screenshots on those sites are all actually of the same resolution, unlike the scans which you guys are using. This makes it even more sussy. And just because the game existed, doesn't necessarily make the scans real too. That's not a really good argument to make. Can you give a dev confirmation? Plus, these scans surfaced only recently. And WayBack machine, guides, YouTube, etc. don't have the proof of the website anymore (which is sussy in itself since the Island of Rhodes website of GoW 2 did have those things to back it up). So the question arises, where did you guys get them from?

Also, Wikipedia? Seriously my man?

Those screenshots on those sites are all actually of the same resolution, unlike the scans which you guys are using. This makes it even more sussy. And just because the game existed, doesn't necessarily make the scans real too. That's not a really good argument to make. Can you give a dev confirmation?
Did you even bother checking the Paxton Yue link fully? Or the Basilisk header with the available resolutions you could download that image in? The screenshots are of the same resolution because they're remnants of the original game archived on the link as a portfolio.

Plus, these scans surfaced only recently. And WayBack machine, guides, YouTube, etc. don't have the proof of the website anymore (which is sussy in itself since the Island of Rhodes website of GoW 2 did have those things to back it up). So the question arises, where did you guys get them from?
Island of Rhodes got retconned by Ascension.

And the images themselves most likely got archived in some other way because nobody was that obsessed with archiving GOW-related material.

Also, Wikipedia? Seriously my man?
See where it references the links to. Straight to Paxton Yue's link where it shows the header of the Baslisk and Atlas stealing the Sun video.

Last edited:
It's not just about the game existing, it's the fact that the layout on the portfolio is the exact same as the one in the Tales pages, unlike in the other fake scan that you showed me with the undead warriors and the red bars.

This is the biggest piece of evidence against your claims. Check the Basilisk section and the number of available resolutions you could download the image in. Straight from the portfolio. This image is ironically the same resolution as the Tales scans we are using.

9_PRIZES.png

Did you even bother checking the Paxton Yue link?

Island of Rhodes got retconned by Ascension.

And the images themselves most likely got archived in some other way because nobody was that obsessed with archiving GOW-related material.

See where it references the links to. Straight to Paxton Yue's link where it shows the header of the Baslisk and Atlas stealing the Sun video.
Yes, yes I did. The Paxton Yue link doesn't have the scans you guys use. It just has similar images. But all those images are of the same resolution, while the scans you guys use (saying it's from the website which Paxton talks about) aren't. It's as if they were edited in M.S. Paint or something:-

The white portion on the side definitely implies that it was made in M.S. Paint and the guy who did all this forgot that an option called "crop" exists. Not to mention, the language which the above scan uses sounds extremely battle-boardy.

That's not the point at all. The point is, the Island of Rhodes website was covered extensively as an Easter egg on YouTube and had guides on the Internet on how to access it. Can't find the same for Temple of Helios literally anywhere.

It's a 2007 mini game, so why did it surface only recently? If not for WayBack machine, YouTube, and guides where else will you find these archived scans? These are all genuine questions.

The F.B. post is definitely more legit that the scans you guys use for Greek GoW. That's because it's at least backed up by a major dev twice in a row over a span of 4 years.

This is the biggest piece of evidence against your claims. Check the Basilisk section and the number of available resolutions you could download the image in. Straight from the portfolio. This image is ironically the same resolution as the Tales scans we are using.

9_PRIZES.png
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying the screenshots you guys have taken supposedly from the actual Temple of Helios website and use for the Greek GoW profiles are of different resolutions. One of them even has a white portion on its left side, indicating as if it was forged in M.S. Paint:-

Yes, yes I did. The Paxton Yue link doesn't have the scans you guys use. It just has similar images. But all those images are of the same resolution, while the scans you guys use (saying it's from the website which Paxton talks about) aren't.
Buddy, the scans we use are also 1048x926.

It's as if they were edited in M.S. Paint or something.
You got the wrong quality scans then. Replace "static" with "vignette".

That's not the point at all. The point is, the Island of Rhodes website was covered extensively as an Easter egg on YouTube and had guides on the Internet on how to access it. Can't find the same for Temple of Rhodes.
Because Temple of Helios's main attraction was the concept art. The stories were just bonus unlockables that not many cared to give a shit about.

It's a 2007 mini game, so why did it surface only recently?
It didn't, people knew about the concept art. The powerscaling debating only came into light after 2018 when the upgrades were being made.

If not for WayBack machine, YouTube, and guides where else will you find these archived scans?
And where else will you find Island of Rhodes? Again, the powerscaling community weren't that obsessed with finding these scans.

These are all genuine questions.
All that I have answered.

The F.B. post is definitely more legit that the scans you guys use for Greek GoW. That's because it's at least backed up by a major dev twice in a row over a span of 4 years.
I find that hard to believe given the images that I have shown you now.

Last edited:
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying the screenshots you guys have taken supposedly from the actual Temple of Helios website and use for the Greek GoW profiles are of different resolutions. One of them even has a white portion on its left side, indicating as if it was forged in M.S. Paint:-

Pretty damn sure we do not use this scan. This is fake as ****. Grammatical errors are a dead giveaway that this is not the real Temple of Helios scan.

These are the only real scans, the ones in the book page format. All these are the same resolution as this picture. 1048x926. In pristine quality.

Last edited:
Buddy, the scans we use are also 1048x926.

You got the wrong quality scans then. Replace "static" with "vignette".

Because Temple of Helios's main attraction was the concept art. The stories were just bonus unlockables that not many cared to give a shit about.

It didn't, people knew about the concept art. The powerscaling debating only came into light after 2018 when the upgrades were being made.

And where else will you find Island of Rhodes? Again, the powerscaling community weren't that obsessed with finding these scans.

All that I have answered.

I find that hard to believe given the images that I have shown you now.
Ok, that makes it even more sus. You can actually SEE the slight white colour at the image's edges in the first 4 images. NOT ONLY THAT, but the 2 bars dividing the 3 images above the text in all those screenshots are sometimes white and sometimes grey. Too many discrepancies, eh?

And you guys don't even KNOW the source of these images which sprang up only recently on this wiki (like 2 years ago at maximum). Just because a Paxton website talks about an online 2007 mini-game (which has no existence on Y.T. and WayBack machine by the way, alongwith no major dev EVER talking about it) and posts some of its screenshots in a particular resolution which matches the resolution of the scans you use, you consider them to be real.

At least the F.B. post is backed up by a major dev, smh...

Ok, that makes it even more sus. You can actually SEE the slight white colour at the image's edges in the first 4 images. NOT ONLY THAT, but the 2 bars dividing the 3 images above the text in all those screenshots are sometimes white and sometimes grey. Too many discrepancies, eh?
Most of those are page effects of the page edges that blend in, buddy, if you zoomed in a bit closer you'd see that. One of them even blatantly has the copyright watermark of Sony, in The Tale of Helios. And most of the gray at the edges can be chalked up to the image being cropped on a crappy monitor. Like on the Morpheus tale where if you look down you can see some black and white lines which indicate there was more text but they didn't screenshot the full thing.

And you guys don't even KNOW the source of these images which sprang up only recently on this wiki (like 2 years ago at maximum). Just because a Paxton website talks about an online 2007 mini-game (which has no existence on Y.T. and WayBack machine by the way, alongwith no major dev EVER talking about it) and posts some of its screenshots in a particular resolution which matches the resolution of the scans you use, you consider it to be real.
You can't be serious.

The stories were explicitly written by the longtime writer of the GOW games, the upper image header is still the exact same as per Paxton's page, and the concept art resolutions download options is the exact same looking. We have literally shown you the source, just because they didn't get archived in time or mentioned by other YT channels doesn't automatically negate their legitimacy especially after the evidence that we have shown you here. Like I and Dienomite said, people weren't that obsessed with archiving these images, those that did prolly didn't care too much to upload them up until now.

Whereas the FB page post is way more sus because why would this scan be axed so close to the new game's release yet old FB timeline stories from the Greek era are completely fine?

At least the F.B. post is backed up by a major dev, smh...
Backed up how? I'd believe it if they deleted any of the prior Greek era posts but those are perfectly intact.

Last edited:
Thing is, Temple of Helios has the perfect excuse to not have backup archives because they used old online game formats years ago that prolly can't be played anymore because FlashPlayer died out or search engines were updated over the course of years making the old game code obsolete.

The FB page thing is on considerably more shaky grounds considering that the page has preserved everything from the official Timeline website word for word from the Greek Era, and it's still there if you go to the link, but for some reason that one single Norse article just got shafted.

Most of those are page effects of the page edges that blend in, buddy, if you zoomed in a bit closer you'd see that. One of them even blatantly has the copyright watermark of Sony, in The Tale of Helios. And most of the gray at the edges can be chalked up to the image being cropped on a crappy monitor.

You can't be serious.

The stories were explicitly written by the longtime writer of the GOW games, the upper image header is still the exact same as per Paxton's page, and the concept art resolutions is the exact same. We have literally shown you the source, just because they didn't get archived in time or mentioned by other YT channels doesn't automatically negate their legitimacy especially after the evidence that we have shown you here. Like I and Dienomite said, people weren't that obsessed with archiving these images, those that did prolly didn't care too much up until now.

Whereas the FB page is way more sus because why would this scan be axed so close to the new game's release yet old FB timeline stories from the Greek era are completely fine?

Backed up how? I'd believe it if they deleted any of the prior Greek era posts but those are perfectly intact.
Sony's copyright mark PNG can easily be found on the net. And, no. They are pretty clearly edited pics. It seems someone downloaded the pics from the Paxton website and edited them, hence the discrepancies I pointed out. As a result, their quality looks lower/worse/compressed that what we see on the Paxton website. It's clear as day. Also, if these scans are so old, why weren't they covered on YouTube or even here until a few years ago? It's as if they appeared out of nowhere with no proof of their existence literally anywhere except for a Paxton website.

Nah, the scan was from Sept. i.e. after the game's release. It was axed apparently because it revealed too much about a game's focal narrative point. It was replaced with some other post. And, no. You're wrong there. Greek scans have also been deleted/replaced/changed. Here's an example:-

Last edited:
Sony's copyright mark PNG can easily be found on the net.
They would be high quality then, not low quality blurred like this.

And, no. They are pretty clearly edited pics. It seems someone downloaded the pics from the Paxton website and edited them, hence the discrepancies I pointed out. As a result, their quality looks lower/worse/compressed that what we see on the Paxton website. It's clear as day.
Except they're very clearly not. Already in some of the scans you can see that the first concept art is of Attica, while Paxton's is the basilisk. This throws a hard wrench into the so-called "discrepancies" that you pointed out. What benefit would it do for them to change the above wallpaper download options? If they really were copypastes you'd see the Basilisk in every single one of them. But you don't.

Also, if these scans are so old, why weren't they covered on YouTube or even here until a few years ago?
Because the powerscaling community wasn't as active back then. And because no one bothered to preserve the Flash games.

It's as if they appeared out of nowhere with no proof of their existence literally anywhere except for a Paxton website.
Most likely because someone had pictures of the scans lying around.

Nah, the scan was from Sept. i.e. after the game's release. And Greek scans have also been deleted/changed. Here's an example:-

Nope, they work fine for me.

EDIT: The links work fine for me, but the FB post image seems very sus.

At best these Infinite Heavens would only refer to the size of the Mortal Universe and the size of the Underworld.

Last edited:
2 questions

#1 Where is this (Yggsdrasil is 2-A to 1-C) proof? I'm ignorant of it and I'm interested

#2 So Hel (the person) doesn't exist in GoW?

There is no point in going back and forth. The Facebook post and supposed dev confirmation are severely lacking in validity on their own and even if we were to entertain the idea that they are legitimate it would be difficult for it to be accepted for the verse anyway. If there are still people to this day that say Kamiya's word of god about Mundus creating a universe is unusable despite it merely being support for an official book that confirmed Mundus created a universe, the chances of people agreeing that a questionable scan and questionable dev confirmation that claims the Yggdrasil contains countless sheets of reality that each transcend each other getting accepted is practically impossible. Especially considering the questionable dev confirmation is the only thing supporting said scan.

They would be high quality then, not low quality blurred like this.

Except they're very clearly not. Already in some of the scans you can see that the first concept art is of Attica, while Paxton's is the basilisk. This throws a hard wrench into the so-called "discrepancies" that you pointed out.

Because the powerscaling community wasn't as active back then. And because no one bothered to preserve the Flash games.

Most likely because someone had pictures of the scans lying around.

Nope, they work fine for me.

EDIT: The links work fine for me, but the FB post image seems very sus.

At best these Infinite Heavens would only refer to the size of the Mortal Universe.
It's no biggie to reduce the resolution of a PNG image to make it blurry.

Yeah, because they likely used the images on the Paxton website itself and edited it on M.S. Paint.

Similarly, no one from the GoW powerscaling community actually bothered to save a scan which had a life of like a few hours before it got nuked back in 2018.

So convenient, eh? Nothing on Y.T., no data on WayBack, no guides on how to get the Flash mini-game on the net (mind you, Island of Rhodes was ALSO a Flash site yet you can find its videos on Y.T., its existence on WayBack, and articles on the net), yet someone had the scans lying around in pristine condition all these years and decided to reveal them only recently. So convenient.

Not to mention, the scans you guys are using are compressed when compared to the Paxton ones, indicating that some guy got the Paxton scans and edited them on M.S. Paint. That led to this compression.

Also, why is the F.B. post fake? It was literally replaced by some other post. And it proved that the promo team of GoW, although rarely, does delete/replace social media posts.

Back