• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

What makes you think that?
She fought Kratos and Atreus both in Ragnarok. Both are much stronger than when they fought Baldur and the Valkyries 3 years prior. If bringing up that she can kill Kratos by breaking his neck if you fail the QTE helps then that's also worth mentioning.

Given that she's the Valkyrie queen and would be well above Sigrun in strength.
Is there anything that states/implies that?

She fought Kratos and Atreus both in Ragnarok. Both are much stronger than when they fought Baldur and the Valkyries 3 years prior. If bringing up that she can kill Kratos by breaking his neck if you fail the QTE helps then that's also worth mentioning.
Good point but they're not trying to fight her to begin with, and she even mentions Kratos never fighting back

Good point but they're not trying to fight her to begin with, and she even mentions Kratos never fighting back
In the last fight, they didn't know they were fighting Freya. Kratos even had to use spartan's rage during the fight and Atreus had to ask if he was okay afterward.

Yikes. I guess folks in Ancient Greece didn't really view incest as a problem
Zeus raped his niece (Persephone) after giving her to his big brother (Hades) who also raped her, and Poseidon responded to the mother's anguish and pain by raping her (the mother being Demeter, Poseidon's sister)

Depends on where the yggdrasil scales now.
WDYM? Yggdrasil at the bare minimum would be Tier 2 without a question. Tier 1 if the "transcend space and time" thing in Ragnarok is really like treating space and time as nothing more than pages on a book.

Either way, Tier 3 has to go. PERIOD.

Also if you take that ragnarok video literally, the sisters tried to erase kratos using fate and kratos just said go **** yourself.
He already did that way in advance before he reached the temples, he didn't even know he just passively said "**** YOU".

"When I challenged them, they threatened to undo my existence. So I killed them."

The wank kratos is giving himself lol (tbf, it's quite literally exactly how it went down, so he was just speaking verbatim.)
The worst part is that my fears about Kratos taking all their powers for himself to use against Zeus was also true. And now he retains that aspect of destroying Fate.

Zeus raped his niece (Persephone) after giving her to his big brother (Hades) who also raped her, and Poseidon responded to the mother's anguish and pain by raping her (the mother being Demeter, Poseidon's sister)
His Niece/Daughter to make things worse as Demeter was Persephone's mother.

It's shit like this is why Persephone was a sympathetic character to me.

Could been even more so than Thor, if they explored that more. That's one thing new GOW does better. Everyone else is humanized instead of just Kratos.

His Niece/Daughter to make things worse as Demeter was Persephone's mother.

It's shit like this is why Persephone was a sympathetic character to me.

Could been even more so than Thor, if they explored that more. That's one thing new GOW does better. Everyone else is humanized instead of just Kratos.
I completely forgot she was his daughter and niece

Atreus didn't want to fight but Kratos called her an enemy. Kratos needing to rage is enough reason in itself.
I mean that still doesn't mean he was going all out. He didn't use rage to attack, I think she has poison arrows (could be wrong)
I think Ragnarok debunked tier 1 since tier 1 stuff came from the Norn board game that is contradicted now.
I don't think it was contradicted. Just didn't bring up the infinite timeline stuff

Kratos is being very brief.

Him saying he used the powers of the Sisters of fate against Zeus could be referring to bringing the Titans to the future to start the second Titanomachy.

That started the string of events that led to Zeus' downfall

No, the card game was 2-A stuff. The Tier 1 stuff still hinges on Freya's statements and the infinite size stuff of Yggdrasil.
You can reach tier 1 by completely transcending 9 universe size realms?
Though, how would the card game be contradicted? Via Surtur not destroying all of Creation?
The card game is from the perspective of the Norns who are the players and are viewing alternate timelines and trying to pick the right timeline to escape ragnarok. Now that Ragnarok is out and we know the norns have no such power and alternate timelines seem to not exist in the norse realms that means it's contradicted.

You can reach tier 1 by completely transcending 9 universe size realms?
If you view them as insignificant as pages on a book, yeah. You only need to be one level of existential superiority higher than the timelines to qualify, but that requires a lot of evidence.

The card game is from the perspective of the Norns who are the players and are viewing alternate timelines and trying to pick the right timeline to escape ragnarok. Now that Ragnarok is out and we know the norns have no such power and alternate timelines seem to not exist in the norse realms that means it's contradicted.
Wasn't the Well of Urdr stated to contain said timelines? Which does exist separate from the Realm Travel Room now. The Norns weren't making the timelines to begin with. Could be that they were only just observers. Though I wonder why they would still say Baldur dies a needless death. Maybe their precognition isn't as good as made out to be.

Back