• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

So, as far as characters with Tier 2 feats, it's;

• Garmr
  • Nidhogg
  • Nidhogg's offspring
  • Sutr
  • Thor and Jormugandr

I miss anything?

We shouldn't forget to add that section of Kratos talking about the Sisters of Fate to the cosmology blogs. It's a very blatant confirmation that the Greek World and Norse World have their own distinct flows of time and histories that are independent of each other.

Honestly, every major god in the Norse world can wreck the Nine Realms and damage the Yggdrasil at this point. Though, if they scale to the tree as it currently is on the wiki then they'd be 2-A? Would be funny seeing reactions to Kratos being able to one-shot Dragon Ball Super.

If they scale to the Tree (which they straight up do at this point) as it is currently they'll be Low 1-C. I think Kratos can solo DBS
He definitely blitzes it. And GoW III Kratos hax-rapes it.

Speaking of, would Kratos being able to negate them attempting to undo his existence be Resistance to Existence Erasure or is it just an expression of his insane Accelerated Development having him negate their control of his fate?

Speaking of, would Kratos being able to negate them attempting to undo his existence be Resistance to Existence Erasure or is it just an expression of his insane Accelerated Development having him negate their control of his fate?
Resistance

I'd probably say both. Would Hakai even work from the get go? It doesn't work against stronger opponents. And I don't even anyone would even be able to interact with him due AE so it probably won't even matter.

I'd probably say both. Would Hakai even work from the get go? It doesn't work against stronger opponents. And I don't even anyone would even be able to interact with him due AE so it probably won't even matter.
Oh, it's already him negating the power over fate and taking it for his own, based on the full conversation and the context of his actions against the Sisters of Fate back in the Greek World. It's just that specific section, I wasn't sure about it adding resistance to Existence Erasure or not.

The Hakai's mechanics are something I dunno were ever properly settled but GoW III Kratos having AE makes it useless anyway.

Oh, it's already him negating the power over fate and taking it for his own, based on the full conversation and the context of his actions against the Sisters of Fate back in the Greek World. It's just that specific section, I wasn't sure about it adding resistance to Existence Erasure or not.
Yeah it probably requires more discussion. He's got some pretty busted Reactive Evolution, I hope this doesn't sound too NLFish, but I think he'd probably just develop EE resistance.
The Hakai's mechanics are something I dunno were ever properly settled but GoW III Kratos having AE makes it useless anyway
Yeah. One thing I wonder about the Wiki is why do we have so many abilities that are basically the same thing? Poseidon destroys the body and soul entirely and Kratos resists it. Why is that different from EE?

The top tiers would likely be relative to each other regardless of pantheons. I'm not sure about the more mid-level Olympians and Titans since the only connecting point between them is Kratos, who demolishes them anyway.

Yeah it probably requires more discussion. He's got some pretty busted Reactive Evolution, I hope this doesn't sound too NLFish, but I think he'd probably just develop EE resistance.
I mean, is that not exactly what happens when he goes against the Sisters of Fate?
Yeah. One thing I wonder about the Wiki is why do we have so many abilities that are basically the same thing? Poseidon destroys the body and soul entirely and Kratos resists it. Why is that different from EE?
The same outcome but a different way to go about it is the best explanation I can offer. Sort of like how energy blasts and deconstruction can lead to atomization but they're not the same ability.

I mean, is that not exactly what happens when he goes against the Sisters of Fate?
Yeah, they controlled his fate easily until they just randomly stopped being able to.

The same with the Heimdall fight in Ragnarok when Heimdall is easily predicting Kratos with his precognition, only for Kratos to finally punch him in the face, and no longer need the spear to hit him
The same outcome but a different way to go about it is the best explanation I can offer. Sort of like how energy blasts and deconstruction can lead to atomization but they're not the same ability
I guess that somewhat make sense.

AFAIK that would just be Acausality Type 1 based on him undoing the loop of GOW2 required for GOW3 to exist. That's how they tried to kill him, by letting Ares kill his past self.

Last edited:
kratos goes to egypt and atreus goes to japanese, both meet each other in greece/roman and after that judaism exist (?)

Correct. Kratos only gets Acausality after he kills the Sisters of Fate.

The same outcome but a different way to go about it is the best explanation I can offer. Sort of like how energy blasts and deconstruction can lead to atomization but they're not the same ability.
Pretty much. Except Kratos gets resistance to Soul Manip via withstanding it as well.

Honestly, every major god in the Norse world can wreck the Nine Realms and damage the Yggdrasil at this point. Though, if they scale to the tree as it currently is on the wiki then they'd be 2-A? Would be funny seeing reactions to Kratos being able to one-shot Dragon Ball Super.
What about that one valkyrie in the last game that was stated to be destroying realm and making yggdrasil bleed?

Apparently there are contentions to even 2-A according to what Dienomite says. But direct scaling is a hard yes at this point. There is no avoiding this now.

Though there is also the mask thing to talk about. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Though if it does get to 2-C, it just hammers down the nail in consistency for Tier 2 GOW.

Also Midgard is shown as the center point on Yggdrasil's face on the Bifrost travel doors now. Contradicting the map, but not its other aspects, like that Primordial Void Ginnungagap with Galaxies and stuff and thing that is also part of Yggdrasil, being lodged between Muspelheim and Niflheim.

And Ratatoskr in his thank you to Kratos pretty much states that all of Yggdrasil could've been potentially wiped out if Kratos didn't save them so that's further support.

Last edited:
Back