• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Does anyone know who is the new sigrun of this game? (the hardest boss)
some ghostly looking berserkers are the new valkyries. And the head of them all is King Hrolf(might be spelling it wrong). These berserkers are even harder optional bosses than the valkyries. Honestly they look cooler and more varied too.

Wait so are Freya and Kratos friends going forward or is there some romantic undercurrent? IDK if I'm fond of the latter idea
it feels like there is foundation being set for a potential romance in the future. It might be because Kratos has opened up way more than he did in 2018 but there are still some lines they gave the pair that feels like a new side of Kratos is being shown

I can vibe with the grounded designs of the Norse Gods since that has more influence on the story side that the devs are trying to go for. Now what I would not vibe with is fights and scenes with the Norse gods lacking epicness, that is something that shouldn’t be grounded in design. Hopefully that isnt the case in Ragnarok.

there is a guy that's been streaming the spanish version of ragnarok starting from the beginning of the game for over 11 hours and its still going

I can't understand spanish but from the visuals, Surtr's jotnar shrine realm shows that he destroys Asgard's realm symbol off of a visual depiction of the world tree, meaning he completely destroyed the entire realm of Asgard.

I can vibe with the grounded designs of the Norse Gods since that has more influence on the story side that the devs are trying to go for. Now what I would not vibe with is fights and scenes with the Norse gods lacking epicness, that is something that shouldn’t be grounded in design. Hopefully that isnt the case in Ragnarok.
How do the "grounded" designs have more influence on the story side the devs are trying to go for?

I can't understand spanish but from the visuals, Surtr's jotnar shrine realm shows that he destroys Asgard's realm symbol off of a visual depiction of the world tree, meaning he completely destroyed the entire realm of Asgard.
It's worth noting, that same sequence seems to claim it's just Asgard and that the other realms will flourish afterwards, meaning Surtr can't be annihilating the Realms

How do the "grounded" designs have more influence on the story side the devs are trying to go for?
Designs show how the Gods and Giants carry themselves in their mythology. Not to mention spoilers but based on designs alone you aren't able to tell who are truly the bad guys or those who would become good when you have designs that make them look more human than Godly. And since the Norse Gods do go through the trouble of making themselves appear as the good guys in their tales and even falsify tales, I think the grounded designs show how they always want to appear as the good guys who could do no harm.

Designs show how the Gods and Giants carry themselves in their mythology. Not to mention spoilers but based on designs alone you aren't able to tell who are truly the bad guys or those who would become good when you have designs that make them look more human than Godly. And since the Norse Gods do go through the trouble of making themselves appear as the good guys in their tales and even falsify tales, I think the grounded designs show how they always want to appear as the good guys who could do no harm.
I see what you mean. But you can still make more unique "godly" designs and still keep the sense of mystery. Like who is the bad guy or who will betray you ect... Looking human doesen't automatically make you seem like a good guy or makes you look like you can do no harm.

It also reflects the differences between pantheons. The Greeks were larger then life and truly immortal, domineering forces whose passions were the grounds for fables. The Norse Gods are more human, more limited (one of Thor's biggest myths is explicitly about his limitations) and they have the shade of mortality hanging over there heads, the same as any man

I see what you mean. But you can still make more unique "godly" designs and still keep the sense of mystery. Like who is the bad guy or who will betray you ect... Looking human doesen't automatically make you seem like a good guy or makes you look like you can do no harm.
i mean, Odin for pete's sake looks like a old and weak-looking man, but when you fight him, he's shows a lot more than you would assume

Looking human to create alignment ambiguity is just one aspect of grounded designs for Gods that can work.

I really don't like the route they're taking with Atreus, Angrboda, and their children.

Instead of Fenrir, Hel, and Jormungandr being Atreus and Angraboda's literal offspring, they are just Jotnar creatures that had the souls of giants or in Fenrir's case, a wolf, put into them. I don't think Skoll and Hati are offspring of Fenrir despite the shrine saying so, Jormungandr is the only one that went back in time despite the novel implying otherwise, and from what I've seen so far none of that makes sense with what was set up even if we use the argument that things changed because Ragnarok started early

Looking human to create alignment ambiguity is just one aspect of grounded designs for Gods that can work.
Doesn't change my point at all. Which is that Gods should have more creative and unique designs. They don't have to go over the top with it or anything. They can still look human and have really good designs which for the most part is missing in Ragnarok when it comes to Gods. I'm not saying human=bland and generic.

Altough i will say, Ragnarok really improved in the enviromental art aspect compared to the 2018 one.

Atreus traveled to Jotunheim by dreaming about it and then traveled back to his home cabin in the wilds by thinking about going home

You know what ? GoW really need enemies that has proper full regeneration. I want enemies that able to do full regeneration.

Back