• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Two characters that are nowhere near as strong as Kratos, and Kratos did most of the work, apparently.
Three characters who grew far stronger over the course of the game let's not forget that. Not to mention Odin fighting them multiple times back to back and apparently was only put down due to hax. Granted I hear Odin also received a power boost at one point from stealing the souls of giants.

wait a sec what is best titans range feat ? i don't really remember feats from novels and secondary canon lol...
The Titan War was so severe that it forged the landscape of the Mortal World, Atlas's own words in the game and novel, and the battle took place in the pits of Tartarus, which at this point was already separated from the Mortal World by a barrier (And the Domain of Death).

Three characters who grew far stronger over the course of the game let's not forget that. Not to mention Odin fighting them multiple times back to back and apparently was only put down due to hax. Granted I hear Odin also received a power boost at one point from stealing the souls of giants.
Also odin have hax that he can't use during final boss due to plot story, "Odin Mask"

The Titan War was so severe that it forged the landscape of the Mortal World, Atlas's own words in the game and novel, and the battle took place in the pits of Tartarus, which at this point was already separated from the Mortal World by a barrier (And the Domain of Death).
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh i know about that, but thor affecting nine realms and yggdrasill are better than that.

So odin die in final boss or not ?

i believe thor has much much much better range feat than poseidon
Yeah me too
thor also can fly
An advantage. He's also fought much bigger than Poseidon's Hippocampi, so he'd know what to do.
Wasn't disagreeing on the match being made, but Poseidon is called the Earth-Shaker for a very good reason. He can make the entire world quake with his anger alone.
Yeah but Thor's power can felt across 9 universes. And he can affect the world tree.
Three characters who grew far stronger over the course of the game let's not forget that. Not to mention Odin fighting them multiple times back to back and apparently was only put down due to hax. Granted I hear Odin also received a power boost at one point from stealing the souls of giants
I've heard that Kratos delivers the final blow, and Atreus seals his soul into a marble, and sindri breaks it. Besides Zeus has his own AD, and God forbid Fear Zeus which I doubt Odin is even capable of interacting with at this point

btw, I remember before it was taken down was that Kratos would be pissed after he learned from the norns that Heimdall was destined to kill Atreus during Ragnarok, which he would be very made and kill him and defy destiny over it and Heimdall's arrogance too.

Last edited:
I've heard that Kratos delivers the final blow, and Atreus seals his soul into a marble, and sindri breaks it. Besides Zeus has his own AD, and God forbid Fear Zeus which I doubt Odin is even capable of interacting with at this point
You forgor to spoiler my reply

I wouldn't doubt the notion that Odin has magic similar to Athena that could deal with the Power of Fear or Hope tbh. He's capable of sealing off primordial realms, powers, and probably far more things to be revealed in Ragnarok so I wouldn't count him out just yet

From what I hear, his soul gets taken out of his body and put into a marble or something and Sindri breaks it, preventing him from coming back.
Interesting but you know what ? since SMS is very smart when it comes to reuse assets, SMS can make Odin as an ally in specific mission or something

btw, I remember before it was taken down was that Kratos would be pissed after he learned from the norns that Heimdall was destined to kill Atreus during Ragnarok, which he would be very made and kill him and defy destiny over it and Heimdall's arrogance too.
SPOILER BUDDY SPOILER

Last edited by a moderator:
What does AD stand for?
Accelerated Development. Physical stats increasing over time. Many of the Olympians have this power
You forgor to spoiler my reply
Yikes, sorry
I wouldn't doubt the notion that Odin has magic similar to Athena that could deal with the Power of Fear or Hope tbh. He's capable of sealing off primordial realms, powers, and probably far more things to be revealed in Ragnarok so I wouldn't count him out just yet
I mean that still doesn't mean he can interact with abstracts, perhaps you can make a case for Thor and Jorm, as they splintered the tree, that supports concepts on it's branches, but Odin has yet to show concept manipulation, or really any of the Norse Gods, so far. Whereas most of the Greek gods could interact with Abstracts.

Still fair enough. His boss fight is missing several parts. Best to just wait a few days, then the discussion can continue.

Accelerated Development. Physical stats increasing over time. Many of the Olympians have this power
Only Zeus, Kratos, Deimos and Ares have this power. Everyone else has Empowerment via prayers, while Hades has Empowerment, Stat Amp and Power Absorption via Soul Rip.

Yikes, sorry

I mean that still doesn't mean he can interact with abstracts, perhaps you can make a case for Thor and Jorm, as they splintered the tree, that supports concepts on it's branches,
That'd be just AP and NPI I believe.

Whereas most of the Greek gods could interact with Abstracts.
Interact? Zeus literally treated the Great Evils as playthings until they got released and stabbed him from the back. Athena only summoned Hope and placed it in the box as a failsafe.

Only Zeus, Kratos, Deimos and Ares have this power. Everyone else has Empowerment via prayers, while Hades has Empowerment, Stat Amp and Power Absorption via Soul Rip.
Yeah I keep getting that mixed up
That'd be just AP and NPI I believe.
Isn't the Tree an abstract object? So if something can support concepts, and you destroy it, does that mean you can interact with concepts?
Interact? Zeus literally treated the Great Evils as playthings until they got released and stabbed him from the back. Athena only summoned Hope and placed it in the box as a failsafe
And before that, you have the Titan going to war with the primordials who are living concepts, and Zeus easily nulling Kratos who had was death itself at that point

I mean that still doesn't mean he can interact with abstracts, perhaps you can make a case for Thor and Jorm, as they splintered the tree, that supports concepts on it's branches, but Odin has yet to show concept manipulation, or really any of the Norse Gods, so far. Whereas most of the Greek gods could interact with Abstracts.

Still fair enough. His boss fight is missing several parts. Best to just wait a few days, then the discussion can continue.
Spoiler spoiler.

I don't think you necessarily have to interact with abstracts and concepts to deal with Zeus or Kratos' fear/hope powers. Odin can theoretically seal Zeus or use some other magic to prevent the power of Fear from getting out of him. Zeus had to die for it to come out of him and Odin can use that to his advantage.

Yeah, ya do. Zeus also has sealing btw.
Do we even know how Odin's sealing works?
pretty sure he just cast magic and seal the nine realms he even able to prevent someone to use bifrost which can be weaponized. I remember Cory said odin has some sort of omnipresence force when it comes to his sealing

Don't know if this has been posted here yet but here's an hour-long post-story midgard gameplay. Some things to note are Mimir talking about Hel, Jormungandr hating Thor is actually because Mimir thinks Atreus used soul magic to put a giant's spirit into it after learning soul magic in Asgard, a full fight against the Valkyrie replacements who are known as Berzerkers, Kratos and Freya having conversations that strengthen their bond, the female dwarf who replaces Brok telling Kratos about a funeral for Brok that is a sidequest in Swartlfheim. EDIT: coincidentally the same person is streaming some more of post-game ragnarok right now

Back