• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Him being able to still dodge and block attacks is still him being resistant.

No, just stronger realm shifts
well you can still move in slowed down state.

does not negate the fact that realms shift able to slowed down kratos that has previous time manpulation resistance from greek era.

That ginnungagap-like place is called the Spark of the World and is where Muspelheim and Nilfheim meet and the first realms came into existence

well you can still move in slowed down state.
Of course. That's why it's Time slow and not Time stop. When you activate a realm shift, no regular enemy dodges or blocks, Kratos does when it's used against him.
does not negate the fact that realms shift able to slowed down kratos that has previous time manpulation resistance
He was still getting slowed down by the Amulet. He was just growing resistant over the course of the battle, like this one basically.

Heimdall also tells Kratos he's predictable, yet Kratos ***** on him later in the fight, and doesn't even have to use the Spear bombs to catch him off guard anymore.

I think this is his best AD feat.
Nope, was talking about post-Mistletoe. Baldur literally absorbed the axe's ice powers
Oh. Well maybe Regen Negation resistance?

Just watched a livestream starting from Tyr being revealed as Odin to the end of the game. Unless idle chapter mentioned it, Mjolnir was not shattered. Odin used it to throw Thrud out of the battle and I didn't see it brought up after. Seeing as Asgard was shattered, it probably fell to one of the realms.

Odin fights Kratos and Atreus in first phase and Freya tags along in the next 2 ish phases. It doesn't appear that Odin buffed himself or anything like that in any of the phases. He dies when he tells Atreus that he wouldn't stop so Atreus use some sort of magic that takes his soul out of his body and placed it in a marble. Sindri being pissed over Brok's death, takes the marble and smashes it with a hammer. Sindri is permanently pissed with Atreus and Kratos after Brok dies and I imagine that a potential DLC will resolve that hatred since the game doesn't

Also, Atreus rips apart one of the Valkyries in his bear form when they fought in the Spark of the World

Where Odin killed Ymir, there was a small green glowing rift left that Odin thinks holds ultimate knowledge and possibly the truth behind reality. That is never explored but is a big reason for Odin's motivation and I think it's reality to the overall multiverse of God of War since that green rift reminds of Athena's non corporeal form

Where Odin killed Ymir, there was a small green glowing rift left that Odin thinks holds ultimate knowledge and possibly the truth behind reality. That is never explored but is a big reason for Odin's motivation and I think it's reality to the overall multiverse of God of War since that green rift reminds of Athena's non corporeal form
this green rift seems to have a connection to a higher existence looks familar to Athena's non corporal form and she's the one who mentions a higher existence, but that's all we got know for sure, and Odin is guessing in the dark about what sort of thing this rift even is.

I definitely think we'll be exploring that in the sequel

The yggdrasil can be overgrown and if branches of them get big enough they can fall meaning the realm on that branch falls
You mean the roots? So this thing which spans to infinity can grow even further and then threaten to fall? Absolutely good job Kratos did then whacking the thing.

Just watched a livestream starting from Tyr being revealed as Odin to the end of the game. Unless idle chapter mentioned it, Mjolnir was not shattered. Odin used it to throw Thrud out of the battle and I didn't see it brought up after. Seeing as Asgard was shattered, it probably fell to one of the realms.

Odin fights Kratos and Atreus in first phase and Freya tags along in the next 2 ish phases. It doesn't appear that Odin buffed himself or anything like that in any of the phases. He dies when he tells Atreus that he wouldn't stop so Atreus use some sort of magic that takes his soul out of his body and placed it in a marble. Sindri being pissed over Brok's death, takes the marble and smashes it with a hammer. Sindri is permanently pissed with Atreus and Kratos after Brok dies and I imagine that a potential DLC will resolve that hatred since the game doesn't

Also, Atreus rips apart one of the Valkyries in his bear form when they fought in the Spark of the World
so odin truly died or not ? i guess not lol

also i wonder if Odin will ascend to higher existence due to his selfish action

also i wonder if Odin will ascend to higher existence due to his selfish action
Nope, you can only ascend for selfless acts, not selfish ones.

Nope, the branches. Finding the Stags of Four Seasons to tend to them is a side quest
Don't the branches already extend to infinity tho, or is it just a trimming job of the excess growths that don't contribute to the realm, like the side branches or stuff

I guess that's still direct confirmation of Yggdrasil scaling being finally possible

The mask Odin is looking for that's connected to the rift is not from the nine realms and a piece of it has a language on it that says opsidani spitha which Atreus can read it. The answer for the mask's origins might've been explained in the game so I have to continue looking but that's something interesting to note

The mask Odin is looking for that's connected to the rift is not from the nine realms and a piece of it has a language on it that says opsidani spitha which Atreus can read it. The answer for the mask's origins might've been explained in the game so I have to continue looking but that's something interesting to note
so Odin has a item that comes from outside of the nine realms? i an pretty sure it came from another mythology.

Don't the branches already extend to infinity tho, or is it just a trimming job of the excess growths that don't contribute to the realm, like the side branches or stuff

I guess that's still direct confirmation of Yggdrasil scaling being finally possible
They apparently only graze on the tree normally but "Bitter" tricked "Arrogant" into releasing them from their duties so the side quest is to find them. Ratkrkor or whatever it is does say if the branches grow too "wildly" they could grow too heavy and fall

Back