• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Uhh making sure the power system page has resistance being amped scans right? To make sure i don't rrall allthat for nothing 🗿

None of it. The scaling was only connected via the Light of Alfheim but that's no longer viable. As for Greece, it goes; Sirens (baseline) -> Furies -> Persephone-> Ares -> Hades -> Fear -> Hope as far as mind/soul/personal concept hax goes.
What's with Persephone being in the scaling?

Mind hax shenanigans and Mind BFR. As whack as the last bit sounds.
Checked her profile, the mind stuff is weirdly described IMO but it seems fine enough, but it's odd that she would scale above Furies since Kratos resists her.

Ah well.

Checked her profile, the mind stuff is weirdly described IMO but it seems fine enough, but it's odd that she would scale above Furies since Kratos resists her.

Ah well.
He was affected, adapted and overcame it. Basically everyone on that chain is someone Kratos adapted against.

I have two questions, do we do anything with PlayStation All-stars, because Mimir and Kratos seem to reference it in Ragnarok, I don't personally care if anything from it is used or not, especially since I don't think it being cannon would affect anything for GoW anyway.

The second question is, why wasn't Athena affected by any of the evils from Pandora's box, she was only corrupted when she was brought to the higher plane of existence, before that she seemed to be her normal self and even cared for Kratos still. Was there not enough evils in the box to affect all the Gods and she just so happened to be one of them that wasn't affected, or was it because she was like the only altruistic God? Does anyone have an idea?

I have two questions, do we do anything with PlayStation All-stars, because Mimir and Kratos seem to reference it in Ragnarok
No. We're not gonna do anything with it.

The second question is, why wasn't Athena affected by any of the evils from Pandora's box, she was only corrupted when she was brought to the higher plane of existence, before that she seemed to be her normal self and even cared for Kratos still. Was there not enough evils in the box to affect all the Gods and she just so happened to be one of them that wasn't affected, or was it because she was like the only altruistic God? Does anyone have an idea?
All we know is that the only power strong enough to kill Athena was Hope itself.

No. We're not gonna do anything with it.

All we know is that the only power strong enough to kill Athena was Hope itself.
I figured, although it would be hilarious trying to scale that shit anywhere based on Polygon man.

That was Ascended Athena though, I was wondering why she wasn't corrupted by any of the evils before she sacrificed herself and ascended.

Hey, so it's fair to say since Kratos can literally just close holes in reality with strength alone, that he could probably make holes in reality too right? I'd assume that makes sense, also he scales to Garm and Nidhog anyway, who we know can do just that. I'm not asking in hopes of getting anything added or anything, I'm just curious if all of you agree.

Also, holy shit, I'm losing brain cells having to tell this guy how the GoW cosmology works, he literally knows about how Cory described it but still thinks that each pantheon is just their continent. He also thinks Uranus died during the Primordial war, and that all of them did despite the fact that we know Cronos and Uranus fought, Nyx loses to Helios on the daily, Morpheus tried merging his realm with the human world, and we literally ******* fight Thanatos. How did Gaia and Uranus have Cronos if Uranus was literally dead before he even mated with Gaia. He also seems to think that the Ares dimension shit was just an illusion and used Bruno as proof for it, despite Bruno being wrong all the time, and us literally seeing Ares take Kratos to a different dimension, in the games and the GoW 2 novel. Like, why do people think these things, I rarely see this sort of downplay and bullshit for other verses.

I rarely see this sort of downplay and bullshit for other verses.
I've seen sub-rock level Herald of Thunder Thor, sub-boulder level MCU characters and sub-bullet level DCEU Superman. GoW is getting it easy

Honestly, for the sane of your mind, I'd say just stop debating and ignore them forever. Chances are they're never gonna change their mind until some future game completely debunks him and states everything you say explicitly or sth

I've seen sub-rock level Herald of Thunder Thor, sub-boulder level MCU characters and sub-bullet level DCEU Superman. GoW is getting it easy

Honestly, for the sane of your mind, I'd say just stop debating and ignore them forever. Chances are they're never gonna change their mind until some future game completely debunks him and states everything you say explicitly or sth
Probably a good idea. Also, Sub-rock level Herald of Thor? How can anyone think that even the weakest version of Thor isn't like city level at least, let alone one of his stronger versions, what were their arguments? I see a decent amount of MCU downplay, so that's not surprising, though I see a lot of wank for it too, specifically for Thanos, Thor, Gor, and Zeus of all people. And sub-bullet DCEU Supes is crazy, do they think the Kryptonians hitting him through buildings and across the entire city is lower than a literal bullet lol.

I have two questions, do we do anything with PlayStation All-stars, because Mimir and Kratos seem to reference it in Ragnarok, I don't personally care if anything from it is used or not, especially since I don't think it being cannon would affect anything for GoW anyway.
It's technically happened but like, it's quite irrelevant since Kratos now oneshots everyone on that roster.
As per the novels, she was affected. It made her more reckless, muddleheaded and prone to anger. But unlike the other Olympians, while she didn't know it was the Evils, she could tell something was wrong with her and the other gods.

It's technically happened but like, it's quite irrelevant since Kratos now oneshots everyone on that roster.

As per the novels, she was affected. It made her more reckless, muddleheaded and prone to anger. But unlike the other Olympians, while she didn't know it was the Evils, she could tell something was wrong with her and the other gods.
Yeah, that's why I don't really care if it's added or not, since he's stronger than all the characters anyway so it doesn't help much.

Oh, so she was affected, she just realized it, I wonder if that's because unlike the other Gods she was actually pretty nice and not evil beforehand

Yeah. I have the links ready but I'm not quite sure on how to add it to the profile.
By the way do you agree with Kratos being able to theoretically open holes in reality since he can close them and he scales to Garm and Nidhog? It's not like it adds anything really, I'm just curious if that makes sense to you.

So are people excited if the DLC is real? I hear it will be centered on Atreus, which is fine with me personally, because while I prefer Kratos, I don't dislike Atreus and if it's just DLC and not like a main game that is just about Atreus I'd be down for it. Especially since we will likely see Atreus have a wider move set and more magic, we might even be able to choose which animal to switch into with rage similar to how Kratos has multiple Rage paths. I do still want main games with Kratos though, as we still have unanswered questions about the Norse world, the rift in space with the mask, and all of the other pantheons.

So are people excited if the DLC is real? I hear it will be centered on Atreus, which is fine with me personally, because while I prefer Kratos, I don't dislike Atreus and if it's just DLC and not like a main game that is just about Atreus I'd be down for it. Especially since we will likely see Atreus have a wider move set and more magic, we might even be able to choose which animal to switch into with rage similar to how Kratos has multiple Rage paths. I do still want main games with Kratos though, as we still have unanswered questions about the Norse world, the rift in space with the mask, and all of the other pantheons.
Honestly, Atreus would be a lot more bearable if they fleshed out his combat and overall gameplay for me.

Still, a DLC would be cool but at this point, I'm waiting for the next mythology.

Watch this be the last GoW game forever lol.

Honestly, Atreus would be a lot more bearable if they fleshed out his combat and overall gameplay for me.

Still, a DLC would be cool but at this point, I'm waiting for the next mythology.

Watch this be the last GoW game forever lol.
Yeah, I just want his combat more fleshed out for the most part.

Next mythology is what I'm hoping for, I had an idea of this DLC taking us to Egypt as Atreus, and him getting into trouble with the Egyptian Gods, so he sends a message to Kratos somehow and he has to come help him in the mainline game. It's really the only way I can think of them getting Kratos to leave the Norse world since he seems to be it's new All Father, and I doubt he'd leave without a good reason.

There better be more GoW games, they can't just blue ball us with all the things we still don't know, and not let us at least interact with the other pantheons lol, I'd be so mad.

Why do some people keep thinking Uranus died during the Primordial war? I keep seeing people say he got his head knocked off or some bullshit, despite that clearly being false, he clearly still has his head on. He also couldn't be dead there since he sired Cronos alongside Gaia, which literally wouldn't be possible if he was dead, not to mention the fact that he and Cronos fought, I don't know how Cronos would have fought him if he was dead lol.

Also, The Primordials still have vector manipulation, which I'm pretty sure got nuked since the soul having direction didn't have anything to do with vector manipulation at all.

Back