• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Also, the Blades of Athena are slightly stronger than the Blades of Chaos right? And the Blades of Exile are slightly stronger than the Blades of Athena? Or are they relative to each other?

The Blades of Athena are magnitudes stronger than the Blades of Chaos, as it trumps even the Blade of Artemis by admission of the GoW2 novel stating that Athena's Blades are far more powerful than any mortal could wield. Strongest weapon at the time would basically be the Blade of Artemis and Spear of Olympus. BoO is not allowed because it can't be wielded by a Mortal, flat-out.

Blades of Exile are even stronger if their showcase of feats in GoW3 are anything to go by.

The Blades of Athena are magnitudes stronger than the Blades of Chaos, as it trumps even the Blade of Artemis by admission of the GoW2 novel stating that Athena's Blades are far more powerful than any mortal could wield. Strongest weapon at the time would basically be the Blade of Artemis and Spear of Olympus. BoO is not allowed because it can't be wielded by a Mortal, flat-out.

Blades of Exile are even stronger if their showcase of feats in GoW3 are anything to go by.
I didn't realize they were that much stronger. So basically the Norse pantheon got off easy with the Blades of Chaos lol.

Shouldn't Thanatos technival have type 5 if we have as Death itself? Pretty sure he Wouldn't be bound by life or death unless i am trippin

Is there a reason why Norse still scales equal to Greek despite being harmed by a weaker blade?

Shouldn't Thanatos technival have type 5 if we have as Death itself? Pretty sure he Wouldn't be bound by life or death unless i am trippin
That's not how things work. Thanatos would have to be neither alive nor dead. Like Pandora. He'd need to be amortal AKA beyond the conventional boundaries of life and death. He isn't.

That's not how things work. Thanatos would have to be neither alive nor dead. Like Pandora. He'd need to be amortal AKA beyond the conventional boundaries of life and death. He isn't.
Ohh thought by unbound by conventional life or Death type 5 page didn't necesearry meant if he isn't alive or death
I see

Also is there a reason why sister of fate never use time hac on kratos like he resist their time stop? Can't remember

Also is there a reason why sister of fate never use time hac on kratos like he resist their time stop? Can't remember
What exactly are the Sisters of Fate going to do if they can't even control him via their own Threads of Fate? Plus, they got outmuscled by Kratos himself who already resisted Time-based abilities from the get-go.

What exactly are the Sisters of Fate going to do if they can't even control him via their own Threads of Fate? Plus, they got outmuscled by Kratos himself who already resisted Time-based abilities from the get-go.
Oh yeah forget ascension stuff
Also listen bro against kratos if ts was working it would have helped

It makes sense that among all the mortals, Alrik did the best against Kratos. Alrik is literally the ONLY warrior in existence to truly defeat Kratos. Everyone else who's killed him did so while being significantly more powerful than him, trickery, or due to him holding back.

Alrik beat Kratos fair and square, and forced him to pledge his life to Ares. And literally fought his way out of Hades just like Kratos. And honestly had a decent reason to hate Kratos.

Truly an underutilized character. Dude needs his own series, or game. I'd play the hell out of it.

Perhaps he served Hades just like Kratos served Ares.

It makes sense that among all the mortals, Alrik did the best against Kratos. Alrik is literally the ONLY warrior in existence to truly defeat Kratos. Everyone else who's killed him did so while being significantly more powerful than him, trickery, or due to him holding back.

Alrik beat Kratos fair and square, and forced him to pledge his life to Ares. And literally fought his way out of Hades just like Kratos. And honestly had a decent reason to hate Kratos.

Truly an underutilized character. Dude needs his own series, or game. I'd play the hell out of it.

Perhaps he served Hades just like Kratos served Ares.
Do we know the exact details on how Kratos lost to Alrik the second time, because in the comics they fought before during the quest for Ambrosia and Kratos actually won even after Alrik used the Rocs to scratch the shit out of him. Did Alrik just get stronger somehow?

Did Alrik fight his way out, I remember him saying something like that, but I was under the impression Hades helped him out somehow since he had soul magic all of a sudden, unless he had it in his hammer already during their other 2 fights and he just didn't use it for some reason.

Do we know the exact details on how Kratos lost to Alrik the second time, because in the comics they fought before during the quest for Ambrosia and Kratos actually won even after Alrik used the Rocs to scratch the shit out of him. Did Alrik just get stronger somehow?
Well, based on how it's presented in flashbacks he beat Kratos fair and square. Maybe he got stronger, but we don't actually know that. He did gain his hammer after his father died, and maybe that helped him greatly in the fight against Kratos years later.

And to be fair Kratos did use the Rocs to defeat Alrik that first time.
Did Alrik fight his way out, I remember him saying something like that, but I was under the impression Hades helped him out somehow since he had soul magic all of a sudden, unless he had it in his hammer already during their other 2 fights and he just didn't use it for some reason.
He does mention that he fought his way out of the Underworld, but its likely that Hades assisted him and gave him powers, at least that's what I always thought.

Well, based on how it's presented in flashbacks he beat Kratos fair and square. Maybe he got stronger, but we don't actually know that. He did gain his hammer after his father died, and maybe that helped him greatly in the fight against Kratos years later.

And to be fair Kratos did use the Rocs to defeat Alrik that first time.

He does mention that he fought his way out of the Underworld, but its likely that Hades assisted him and gave him powers, at least that's what I always thought.
Kratos used the Rocs on him after Alrik used them on him first though, but yeah I forgot that he didn't have the hammer yet, so it could be that

Yeah, I figured that Hades assisted him in some way, he probably still had to fight his way out with his new powers though.

Kratos used the Rocs on him after Alrik used them on him first though, but yeah I forgot that he didn't have the hammer yet, so it could be that
Yeah they didn't get much of a chance at a solid 1v1 they were playing dirty. I remember Alrik actually slitting Kratos throat, just to have the Ambrosia spill on him and heal him

Hey so do we know exactly how Kratos got to the Norse World, I know in the novel it shows that he was brought there, but he himself says he just got there by boat, is he wrong or just lying, because apparently Tyr needed the Unity stone to get to the other pantheons as Mimir points out. Also, how did Mimir get to the Norse world? We know he isn't from it

Hey so do we know exactly how Kratos got to the Norse World, I know in the novel it shows that he was brought there, but he himself says he just got there by boat, is he wrong or just lying, because apparently Tyr needed the Unity stone to get to the other pantheons as Mimir points out. Also, how did Mimir get to the Norse world? We know he isn't from it
Probably about mimir is that either tyr brought him to the norse realm or celtic and norse are real close to each other. I will pick with tyr just finding mimir and basically taking him to the norse pantheon.

Hey so do we know exactly how Kratos got to the Norse World, I know in the novel it shows that he was brought there, but he himself says he just got there by boat, is he wrong or just lying,
The murals don't exactly tell the whole story in between. He'd need to counter the Realm Between Realms before anything else.

Honestly we should just stop fixating on the boat thing and abandon it forever.

because apparently Tyr needed the Unity stone to get to the other pantheons as Mimir points out. Also, how did Mimir get to the Norse world? We know he isn't from it
Who knows. Perhaps we might have to wait until the next games come out.

The murals don't exactly tell the whole story in between. He'd need to counter the Realm Between Realms before anything else.

Honestly we should just stop fixating on the boat thing and abandon it forever.

Who knows. Perhaps we might have to wait until the next games come out.
I agree with the boat thing, but some people still seem to think that the different pantheons are just different continents because Kratos just got on a boat and sailed there. I even pointed out the novel thing and how Tyr needed the unity stone to get anywhere, but people don't care, it doesn't fit their argument.

Hopefully we learn more about Mimir and his antics before he came to the Norse lands.

Has anyone read Fallen God by the way, does that comic explain how Kratos just walked into the Egyptian pantheon, because wouldn't he need something to be able to enter it, or do they operate differently from the Norse world and the Realm between Realms?

I agree with the boat thing, but some people still seem to think that the different pantheons are just different continents because Kratos just got on a boat and sailed there. I even pointed out the novel thing and how Tyr needed the unity stone to get anywhere, but people don't care, it doesn't fit their argument.
Gaia, Sisters of Fate, Uranus and Ymir kill that argument dead, even if you don't count in the interpantheon conflicts this would result in.

Has anyone read Fallen God by the way, does that comic explain how Kratos just walked into the Egyptian pantheon, because wouldn't he need something to be able to enter it, or do they operate differently from the Norse world and the Realm between Realms?
Kratos was bona fide insane, nothing made heads or tails for him in that story.

Gaia, Sisters of Fate, Uranus and Ymir kill that argument dead, even if you don't count in the interpantheon conflicts this would result in.

Kratos was bona fide insane, nothing made heads or tails for him in that story.
I know about the those guys killing their argument, but you still get people saying dumb shit like they didn't make the universe or anything just Greece or Norway, they are stubborn.

I did know he's barely even able to think straight in that comic, so I guess it's pointless to try and figure out what was real or not. Was the Athena he saw just a hallucination like in GoW 2018, because she was acting radically different from the one he sees in game, but I don't understand while the actual Athena would try helping Kratos again. Is it just his mind being screwed so she's acting different?

I like to imagine Ares' soul is still writhing around somewhere like in that secret easter egg from the first game, and that he is seething because the 14 year old son of the man that killed him is this strong
Atreus' genetics are next level. Sick Draugr fodder then he trained in the woods with dummies for 3 years. Now he can fight Valkyries, clear hordes of Draugr, Einherjar and other monsters and survive a fight with Odin.

Atreus' genetics are next level. Sick Draugr fodder then he trained in the woods with dummies for 3 years. Now he can fight Valkyries, clear hordes of Draugr, Einherjar and other monsters and survive a fight with Odin.
I mean he is Kratos's son, who himself had some insane AD and power boosts throughout the years..

I mean, hax-wise he does solo most of the Pantheon not counting Heimdall's Realm Shift, Brother King people are a bit dubious.

Unfortunately it doesn't help that Norse in turn had their hax layering butchered.
True, what happened to the Norse hax layering again though?

Ah, what part doesn't scale exactly though, and what part of the Greek magic got buffed?
None of it. The scaling was only connected via the Light of Alfheim but that's no longer viable. As for Greece, it goes; Sirens (baseline) -> Furies -> Persephone-> Ares -> Hades -> Fear -> Hope as far as mind/soul/personal concept hax goes.

None of it. The scaling was only connected via the Light of Alfheim but that's no longer viable. As for Greece, it goes; Sirens (baseline) -> Furies -> Persephone-> Ares -> Hades -> Fear -> Hope as far as mind/soul/personal concept hax goes.
Ok, that makes sense, what happened with the Light of Alfheim though?

Oh, that makes sense, because it isn't really said how powerful it is right? We just know that Freya and Odin and pretty much everyone else are afraid of going in it.
Yeah. Norse Kratos can tank it but he has several layers of soul resistance at that point. So, it's overall potency is Unknown.

Back