• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Does anyone still have the Ascension timeline website link? I couldn't find it, and I'm pretty sure it confirms that Cronos and Uranus fought.

I don't have Facebook, but I'll take a look. Also, Ghost of Sparta directly calls Thanatos a Primordial right,
Thanatos is never directly called as such in Ghost of Sparta. But rather, he is heavily implied to be so in GoW Ascension.

and Gaia is one too, even though she refers to herself as a Titan correct?
Gaia is 100% a Primordial. She merely switched sides to the Titans.

Thanatos is never directly called as such in Ghost of Sparta. But rather, he is heavily implied to be so in GoW Ascension.

Gaia is 100% a Primordial. She merely switched sides to the Titans.
Ah, okay, I'm pretty sure his Domain of Death is straight up said to predate the Titans or Gods, so that definitely implies he'd be one. Do we know if he was alive during the Primordial War?

I figured for Gaia.

Ah, okay, I'm pretty sure his Domain of Death is straight up said to predate the Titans or Gods, so that definitely implies he'd be one. Do we know if he was alive during the Primordial War?
Yeah, his Domain is stated as such. The Primordial War ends when Chaos is effectively brought to order by Uranus himself. Most of the Primordials are born around the end of the war AKA in its final stages.

Do we have any idea how many Titans there were? Because, I feel like there was probably more during the Great War that didn't travel into the future with Kratos. Like where was Thera, or Cronos for that matter, Atlas had his soul taken before Kratos could help him, but to my knowledge Cronos was still just chilling on the ground after almost losing his soul to Hades. Does anyone know?

Do we have any idea how many Titans there were? Because, I feel like there was probably more during the Great War that didn't travel into the future with Kratos. Like where was Thera, or Cronos for that matter, Atlas had his soul taken before Kratos could help him, but to my knowledge Cronos was still just chilling on the ground after almost losing his soul to Hades. Does anyone know?
Oceanus had 3,000 Titan offspring. And there's "scores of Titans" climbing Olympus according to the novel.

Oceanus had 3,000 Titan offspring. And there's "scores of Titans" climbing Olympus according to the novel.
Damn, I wish we saw even close to that amount lol, I thought there were like 30 at best. So Zeus nuked 3,000 plus Titans at once with the Blade of Olympus?

"Scores of Titans" is much better than the dozen at most that we saw in the game.
No kidding, there was only like 6 in GoW 3, and only Gaia and Perses did anything lol, and Kratos had to give them the opening to even fight back, they were getting washed otherwise.

Damn, I wish we saw even close to that amount lol, I thought there were like 30 at best. So Zeus nuked 3,000 plus Titans at once with the Blade of Olympus?
It's unclear if they were present at the time. Poseidon does defeat all 3,000 Titans and Oceanus, when he draws on his full power and domain, in the novel.

It's unclear if they were present at the time. Poseidon does defeat all 3,000 Titans and Oceanus, when he draws on his full power and domain, in the novel.
Ah, so Zeus would still scale to beating all of them anyway, since he's superior to Poseidon even when he is empowered by water.

We already kinda did.

Hinduism, Sikhism and by extension, Islam.

Cory already admitted that Christianity exists in GoW, hell, GoW3 was supposed to end with Kratos nuking all myths and game-ending himself which leads to the Three Wise Men creating Christianity.

Do we know what happened to all the other Gods Kratos didn't directly kill? I don't mean just the ones who didn't show up at all in the games like Dionysus, but like what happened to Artemis, Apollo, Hestia, we saw her for like 2 seconds in the novel, the other demi-gods that were around, or Eos? I assume Eos died when Helios did, but what about the others? Also, what happened to Nyx and Morpheus, they didn't show up after Kratos whacked Helios, were they just too scared to try interfering since they knew Kratos could kill them too?

Do we know what happened to all the other Gods Kratos didn't directly kill?
They most likely survived or went into hiding.

I don't mean just the ones who didn't show up at all in the games like Dionysus, but like what happened to Artemis, Apollo, Hestia, we saw her for like 2 seconds in the novel, the other demi-gods that were around, or Eos? I assume Eos died when Helios did, but what about the others?
Nobody knows.

Also, what happened to Nyx and Morpheus, they didn't show up after Kratos whacked Helios, were they just too scared to try interfering since they knew Kratos could kill them too?
The case of surviving Primordials is clear-cut, Ariel Lawrence said they wouldn't care much for the pantheon getting rekt since they existed before it.

They most likely survived or went into hiding.

Nobody knows.

The case of surviving Primordials is clear-cut, Ariel Lawrence said they wouldn't care much for the pantheon getting rekt since they existed before it.
I swear that I heard somewhere that all the Gods died eventually due to Olympus being destroyed, it's the reason that everyone was protecting Zeus as Athena says. It was like a tweet that was in Spanish or something, but it's probably fake since I've never seen it since then.

Guess Artemis didn't want any smoke with Kratos lol.

That makes sense for the Primordials, but what I meant was, why didn't Nyx and Morpheus immediately start transforming the human world like they tried to do before after Helios died? We know Nyx wants it to be eternally night, and Morpheus wants to merge his dream world with the human world, so what were they doing while Kratos was killing everyone? Did they just decide to wait until after Kratos killed everyone so they didn't provoke him? Also, do you have a scan for that tweet from Ariel?

Hey, so does anyone know what to do with Kratos flipping the temple? I don't think he flipped the nine realms like a lot of people think, but the way Mimir was talking about being worried about it being flipped since it was linked to all of them does make it seem like it was more than just flipping the temple itself. It doesn't matter anyway since Kratos has immeasurable strength already, I was just curious what everyone else thought about it.

Hey, so does anyone know what to do with Kratos flipping the temple? I don't think he flipped the nine realms like a lot of people think, but the way Mimir was talking about being worried about it being flipped since it was linked to all of them does make it seem like it was more than just flipping the temple itself. It doesn't matter anyway since Kratos has immeasurable strength already, I was just curious what everyone else thought about it.
I don't even know where he flipped the Nine Realms comes from. They're might be something greater going on but its just a Class G feat for now.

I don't even know where he flipped the Nine Realms comes from. They're might be something greater going on but its just a Class G feat for now.
I don't either really, it's just what people say since the temple leads to them, but I don't see why that would mean the temple is even close to as heavy as them. Mimir's words are probably what gets people thinking it's something a lot more impressive. But, like I said even Demi-God Kratos already had immeasurable strength lol. I guess everyone forgets about poor Atlas. Is he still holding the Greek world up by the way?

I swear that I heard somewhere that all the Gods died eventually due to Olympus being destroyed, it's the reason that everyone was protecting Zeus as Athena says. It was like a tweet that was in Spanish or something, but it's probably fake since I've never seen it since then.

Guess Artemis didn't want any smoke with Kratos lol.
They prolly got cut out.

That makes sense for the Primordials, but what I meant was, why didn't Nyx and Morpheus immediately start transforming the human world like they tried to do before after Helios died? We know Nyx wants it to be eternally night, and Morpheus wants to merge his dream world with the human world, so what were they doing while Kratos was killing everyone? Did they just decide to wait until after Kratos killed everyone so they didn't provoke him?
They just couldn't be bothered with. Morpheus was supposed to appear but was cut out due to time constraints.

Also, do you have a scan for that tweet from Ariel?

Out of curiosity
Jf Innacesible speed came back hypothetically would primordials be Innacesible or stay inf speed

Yeah, we probably won't see any religion that is even still mildly believed in.
well, if those religion are very popular like Christianity, islam, hinduism, buddhism yeah that would be bad. Only small percentage people believe in jewish now.

Also i don't see pure shinto very powerful myth unless SMS go to shinto-buddhism route.

Also since SMS mentioned Christianity. SMS need to mention jewish because that would be very weird if they skip it.

well, if those religion are very popular like Christianity, islam, hinduism, buddhism yeah that would be bad. Only small percentage people believe in jewish now.

Also i don't see pure shinto very powerful myth unless SMS go to shinto-buddhism route.
Judaism is still a major religion, tf are you saying?

I mean, we do have games, comics, tv series, based on Abrahamic religions, doesn't have to be like killing Geezus or anything like that, but you could definitely take inspiration from them.

We gave the Sister's of Fate infinite speed through scaling, from the scan of Atropos using infinite speed, as well as because of their threads touching literally everything right? Alive, unalive, man, God, Titan, animal, insect, and environment. Would that include the cosmos, because their page says space too, so I'd assume so.

We gave the Sister's of Fate infinite speed through scaling, from the scan of Atropos using infinite speed, as well as because of their threads touching literally everything right? Alive, unalive, man, God, Titan, animal, insect, and environment. Would that include the cosmos, because their page says space too, so I'd assume so.
Their threads span all of life, time and space. Time we already assume by default to be infinite in length, and the Sisters constantly micromanage and multitask each and every strand of the thread and even weave the threads themselves.

The infinite speed scan explicitly refers to their astral projections, which they use primarily to fly around the Greek World just for enjoyment and not as a form of teleportation. Thus it scales back to them as it's via their own power.

Their threads span all of life, time and space. Time we already assume by default to be infinite in length, and the Sisters constantly micromanage and multitask each and every strand of the thread and even weave the threads themselves.

The infinite speed scan explicitly refers to their astral projections, which they use primarily to fly around the Greek World just for enjoyment and not as a form of teleportation. Thus it scales back to them as it's via their own power.
Only sounds relativistic to me honestly :cool:.

On a serious note though, even if the threads didn't span time too, it would still be considered infinite due to the Greek universe explicitly stated to be infinite right? Not to mention it would be basically impossible to calculate how fast they'd be since you'd have to use every star, galaxy, solar system, planet, plant, mountain, insect, animal, undead, human, God, and Titan, which would probably kill someone to even attempt to calculate.

Also, do the Fates control the Primordials, I originally assumed they didn't, but wouldn't they have been the ones to let Cronos beat Uranus, and Helios beat Nyx? Because they were already around before Cronos weren't they, that's why they could control him and why he wanted to gain their favor so they'd make him win the Great War.

Only sounds relativistic to me honestly :cool:.

On a serious note though, even if the threads didn't span time too, it would still be considered infinite due to the Greek universe explicitly stated to be infinite right? Not to mention it would be basically impossible to calculate how fast they'd be since you'd have to use every star, galaxy, solar system, planet, plant, mountain, insect, animal, undead, human, God, and Titan, which would probably kill someone to even attempt to calculate.
Yeah, all the realms in the Greek Pantheon are infinite in size. Specifically the Underworld and Mortal World (The rest basically share the same size aspects due to one of them being of Primordial origins and the other being that as well as being an alt dimension of the Mortal World).

Also, do the Fates control the Primordials, I originally assumed they didn't, but wouldn't they have been the ones to let Cronos beat Uranus, and Helios beat Nyx? Because they were already around before Cronos weren't they, that's why they could control him and why he wanted to gain their favor so they'd make him win the Great War.
They do. They control everything in the Greek Pantheon, god or mortal or basic geology and geography. Nothing is above them. Even Gaia and Thanatos themselves were victims of the Sisters of Fate's meddling.

Yeah, all the realms in the Greek Pantheon are infinite in size. Specifically the Underworld and Mortal World (The rest basically share the same size aspects due to one of them being of Primordial origins and the other being that as well as being an alt dimension of the Mortal World).

They do. They control everything in the Greek Pantheon, god or mortal or basic geology and geography. Nothing is above them. Even Gaia and Thanatos themselves were victims of the Sisters of Fate's meddling.
I thought so, shouldn't they be older than Cronos then? Because their profiles only have them listed as thousands of years old.

Also, this is completely unrelated, but do the novels imply more directly that Athena had a thing for Kratos? Because, I've hear a lot of people say that they do, and even in the games, she seems to care about him in more than a brotherly way.

Back