• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I wonder would it be cool that Nyx became a secret boss after Kratos killed every gods in Greek Saga on his path, considering from the lesser but still known source, Nyx is called as the 2nd ruler of gods
It wouldn't really make sense honestly, she is vastly weaker than even Helios, who is in turn vastly weaker than even Old Kratos, so it would mess up a lot of the scaling if she was made as hard as someone like Sigrun or Gna. I guess you could argue that she got way stronger after Helios's death or something, but I don't see how we'd even meet her again unless we go back to Greece. It would have been cool to actually see her more though.

I wonder would it be cool that Nyx became a secret boss after Kratos killed every gods in Greek Saga on his path, considering from the lesser but still known source, Nyx is called as the 2nd ruler of gods
Unfortunately, GoW Nyx is kinda fodder.

Really, GoW leans hard into the next gen surpassing the prior generation. Its how you end up with Ares level Atreus at 14.

Does the reasoning foe why kratos resistances are 5d Would make all poh resistances on conceptual level? Idk how we treat those on this site in general

Do we know if Athena created Hope herself, or was it similar to the Evils and just existed? I know she says the power was hers and that she summoned it, but she might mean it was hers in the same way Fear was Zeus's, it wasn't technically his, but he could use it.

Also, do we know if Old Kratos with his portion of Hope would still be the second or third strongest character? I assume even a portion would let him completely nullify Fear's power, but would he still be able to kill Ascended Athena? I assume he'd be weaker than Young Kratos with Poh though, since he had the full thing.

Do we know if Athena created Hope herself, or was it similar to the Evils and just existed?
Nobody created the Great Evils or Hope. They always existed.

I know she says the power was hers and that she summoned it, but she might mean it was hers in the same way Fear was Zeus's, it wasn't technically his, but he could use it.
It's just her acting like an entitled brat.

Also, do we know if Old Kratos with his portion of Hope would still be the second or third strongest character? I assume even a portion would let him completely nullify Fear's power, but would he still be able to kill Ascended Athena? I assume he'd be weaker than Young Kratos with Poh though, since he had the full thing.
No. A small sliver of Hope only let him best Ares.

Nobody created the Great Evils or Hope. They always existed.

It's just her acting like an entitled brat.

No. A small sliver of Hope only let him best Ares.
Where does it say Hope always existed, because I figured that, but I don't know where it's stated.

He didn't technically fully use the sliver of Hope he had against Ares though, he didn't even know what Hope was at the time so I'd imagine that would actually make it even weaker than if he knew he was even using it. We see how strong he got when he actually knew what it was and fully activated it. Even with just the sliver though, he'd at least be stronger than his base form right, since it gives a massive power boost regardless?

Where does it say Hope always existed, because I figured that, but I don't know where it's stated.

Not stated, but basic common sense would dictate that Hope was always there to balance out the madness of the Great Evils, which we do have blatant evidence for existing alongside the Primoridials and Chaos, and that it affected them too.

He didn't technically fully use the sliver of Hope he had against Ares though, he didn't even know what Hope was at the time so I'd imagine that would actually make it even weaker than if he knew he was even using it.
Not how it works. Hope latched onto Kratos because he still held out that he would be freed from his nightmares, which allowed him to grow as powerful and as big as Ares.

Kratos didn't know, but his emotional state was such that it triggered the power to do its thing. The Great Evils and Hope all target the emotional aspect that the people/Gods undergo the most, in Zeus's case, Fear.

We see how strong he got when he actually knew what it was and fully activated it. Even with just the sliver though, he'd at least be stronger than his base form right, since it gives a massive power boost regardless?
It depends if his emotional state is ready for unleashing it. But regardless, he still retains his godly powers. And we're never told if the Sliver of Hope that Kratos retained at the end of 3 would ever be usable for combat again.

Not stated, but basic common sense would dictate that Hope was always there to balance out the madness of the Great Evils, which we do have blatant evidence for existing alongside the Primoridials and Chaos, and that it affected them too.

Not how it works. Hope latched onto Kratos because he still held out that he would be freed from his nightmares, which allowed him to grow as powerful and as big as Ares.

Kratos didn't know, but his emotional state was such that it triggered the power to do its thing. The Great Evils and Hope all target the emotional aspect that the people/Gods undergo the most, in Zeus's case, Fear.

It depends if his emotional state is ready for unleashing it. But regardless, he still retains his godly powers. And we're never told if the Sliver of Hope that Kratos retained at the end of 3 would ever be usable for combat again.
I see, I thought the Evils only existed after the Great War, since Athena says the evils born from that war specifically, but I guess she wouldn't have known about their existence beforehand. I figured Hope existed to counteract them too, but I've seen some people say that the power was Athena's directly since she summoned it, and they didn't think there was enough evidence to suggest it existed prior to her summoning it.

Oh, I didn't realize that's how it worked, I thought the person actually had to know and try to use it directly, but that makes sense to me.

True, I figured it be usable since Cory talked about how Kratos kept it, and I didn't think he'd mention it if it was completely powerless now.

How strong do you think it would make him if he could still use it?

I see, I thought the Evils only existed after the Great War, since Athena says the evils born from that war specifically, but I guess she wouldn't have known about their existence beforehand.
The Great War amplified them significantly, but its effects were felt firsthand by the Primordials during the Primordial War as evident from their rage and madness for war.

I figured Hope existed to counteract them too, but I've seen some people say that the power was Athena's directly since she summoned it, and they didn't think there was enough evidence to suggest it existed prior to her summoning it.
Athena was basically corrupted by the power of the higher plane of existence and started to act like an entitled brat. It was already there when she was alive, but after resurrection she became a bona fide power-hungry asshole.

True, I figured it be usable since Cory talked about how Kratos kept it, and I didn't think he'd mention it if it was completely powerless now.
Well it's both. The devs still agree that he's a god proper, even tho Matt Sophos said that technically he'd just be an immortal demigod with god-level strength.

However, in 2018 and onwards, Kratos himself admits that he and his son are gods despite admitting to the latter's part-human origins. The other Norse Gods admit that Kratos is nothing short of a God who would normally not be welcome in their lands but they are forced to because of what he is capable of, they are very wary of him not just because he's a foreign god, but because he already destroyed his own Pantheon, a story that effectively spread across all other pantheons.

How strong do you think it would make him if he could still use it?
Prolly wouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things. He's already gotten back to his GoW3 levels of strength.

The Great War amplified them significantly, but its effects were felt firsthand by the Primordials during the Primordial War as evident from their rage and madness for war.

Athena was basically corrupted by the power of the higher plane of existence and started to act like an entitled brat. It was already there when she was alive, but after resurrection she became a bona fide power-hungry asshole.

Well it's both. The devs still agree that he's a god proper, even tho Matt Sophos said that technically he'd just be an immortal demigod with god-level strength.

However, in 2018 and onwards, Kratos himself admits that he and his son are gods despite admitting to the latter's part-human origins. The other Norse Gods admit that Kratos is nothing short of a God who would normally not be welcome in their lands but they are forced to because of what he is capable of, they are very wary of him not just because he's a foreign god, but because he already destroyed his own Pantheon, a story that effectively spread across all other pantheons.

Prolly wouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things. He's already gotten back to his GoW3 levels of strength.
Okay, that does make sense to me, guess you can't convince everyone though.

Yeah, Kratos was so strong that his mortal part was basically nonexistent.

I figured that if Hope let GoW 1 Kratos fight on par with Ares with just a little piece of it, that a little piece of it would magnify Old Kratos's power enough to be nearly unkillable for the Norse pantheon.

Also, was that statement from Eric Williams about Kratos still not being in his prime yet real, or was that one of the fake one's people used?

Another thing, would Kratos get stronger if he had followers, I know full Gods got more powerful with more followers, but would that count for Kratos who is technically just an extremely powerful Demigod now? If so, do you think he'll be much stronger in future installments since it looks like he's going to have a lot of worshipers?

Also, was that statement from Eric Williams about Kratos still not being in his prime yet real, or was that one of the fake one's people used?
No, that's 100% real, and we have the official YouTube interview link to prove it.

Some salty guy temporarily nuked it from YT but it was restored.

2:00

Another thing, would Kratos get stronger if he had followers, I know full Gods got more powerful with more followers, but would that count for Kratos who is technically just an extremely powerful Demigod now? If so, do you think he'll be much stronger in future installments since it looks like he's going to have a lot of worshipers?
Most likely, yeah. In 2018, some Norse people were worshipping a Bear totem, not realizing that the prayers were actually going directly towards Kratos, as most of the followers were going mad and turning into bears and showing a rage very similar to Kratos himself.

No, that's 100% real, and we have the official YouTube interview link to prove it.

Some salty guy temporarily nuked it from YT but it was restored.

2:00

Most likely, yeah. In 2018, some Norse people were worshipping a Bear totem, not realizing that the prayers were actually going directly towards Kratos, as most of the followers were going mad and turning into bears and showing a rage very similar to Kratos himself.

Oh, I knew about that interview and that Kratos was knocking the rust off the entire duration of 2018, I meant the comment that Kratos has yet to reach his prime even in the new games, and he'll just keep getting stronger until he does, I think that was from that BS Eric Williams Facebook account wasn't it?

Interesting, I didn't realize that's what happened exactly in the comic, is that why the Berserkers actually put up a fight, since they had some of Kratos's rage and he was still rusty?

Lastly, how strong do you think Kratos would be with his new follower's empowering him, and if he still had his Greek gear and magic, I'm aware that the Blade of Olympus is basically useless now, but if he empowered it up again and still had his other Greek gear and magic, how much stronger do you think he'd be?

Oh, I knew about that interview and that Kratos was knocking the rust off the entire duration of 2018, I meant the comment that Kratos has yet to reach his prime even in the new games, and he'll just keep getting stronger until he does, I think that was from that BS Eric Williams Facebook account wasn't it?
Oh that? Yeah that is most likely definitely fake. I was talking only about the YT interview where Eric says that Kratos really gets back into his prime by Ragnarok.

Interesting, I didn't realize that's what happened exactly in the comic, is that why the Berserkers actually put up a fight, since they had some of Kratos's rage and he was still rusty?
They don't really put much of a fight. Kratos was excessively holding back but failed and his rage got the best of him. He killed everyone in his path.

Lastly, how strong do you think Kratos would be with his new follower's empowering him, and if he still had his Greek gear and magic, I'm aware that the Blade of Olympus is basically useless now, but if he empowered it up again and still had his other Greek gear and magic, how much stronger do you think he'd be?
Prolly no different than when he faced Zeus at the end of GoW3.

Oh that? Yeah that is most likely definitely fake. I was talking only about the YT interview where Eric says that Kratos really gets back into his prime by Ragnarok.

They don't really put much of a fight. Kratos was excessively holding back but failed and his rage got the best of him. He killed everyone in his path.

Prolly no different than when he faced Zeus at the end of GoW3.
Oh, I heard from someone that the Berserkers were able to harm him, and he had to sneak by to destroy their totem or something.

I'd imagine he'd be much stronger than at the end of GoW 3, since he is roughly around that level, at least when going all out, and his Greek gear and magic was stronger overall to his Norse gear and magic, plus the empowerment from his worshipers should make him a decent deal stronger I'd imagine since he's already really powerful with literally no worshipers.

Also, do you know why he never uses his intangibility again or his regeneration for that matter, we see he can phase in that Berserker comic and know he can regen at will in 2018, but he doesn't once do it in Ragnarok, do you think the Devs forget about that power, or he just didn't see the need to use them again?

And do you think the first fight with Thor would have gone different if Kratos's gear and magic weren't completely nuked by Fimbulwinter? I imagine it would probably still be a stalemate, but Kratos might not have died if his gear and magic was still up too snuff.

Oh, I heard from someone that the Berserkers were able to harm him, and he had to sneak by to destroy their totem or something.
That's cause he was holding back immensely.

I'd imagine he'd be much stronger than at the end of GoW 3, since he is roughly around that level, at least when going all out, and his Greek gear and magic was stronger overall to his Norse gear and magic, plus the empowerment from his worshipers should make him a decent deal stronger I'd imagine since he's already really powerful with literally no worshipers.
Norse Gods have prayer empowerment too, when you see Freya reading prayers and finishing some of them.

Also, do you know why he never uses his intangibility again or his regeneration for that matter, we see he can phase in that Berserker comic and know he can regen at will in 2018, but he doesn't once do it in Ragnarok, do you think the Devs forget about that power, or he just didn't see the need to use them again?
No one knows why he no longer walks through walls anymore, but he does regenerate every now and then, as we see with Atreus inheriting his healing abilities. Atreus just says his magic isn't "walk through walls" level yet and he doesn't bullshit about it.

And do you think the first fight with Thor would have gone different if Kratos's gear and magic weren't completely nuked by Fimbulwinter? I imagine it would probably still be a stalemate, but Kratos might not have died if his gear and magic was still up too snuff.
Prolly wouldn't have changed much, since the factor for Kratos dying temporarily was him holding back and goofing up.

That's cause he was holding back immensely.

Norse Gods have prayer empowerment too, when you see Freya reading prayers and finishing some of them.

No one knows why he no longer walks through walls anymore, but he does regenerate every now and then, as we see with Atreus inheriting his healing abilities. Atreus just says his magic isn't "walk through walls" level yet and he doesn't bullshit about it.

Prolly wouldn't have changed much, since the factor for Kratos dying temporarily was him holding back and goofing up.
I know about the Norse Gods having empowerment from prayers too, but what I mean is Old Kratos is already as strong as he is with literally zero followers, so was GoW 2 and GoW 3 Kratos, all of their followers were dead, so I'd imagine having 8 realms worship you would be a decent power upgrade.

That would be funny if in the novel or at some point in the game Kratos jus decides to ignore a puzzle by walking through the walls, but Atreus can't yet, so I guess he'd have to be alone for it.

Ah, ok, I was just wondering if his gear would have let him survive the headshot, but I guess it was more how much he was holding back that led to that.

Do you know how the Last Spartan scales at all, I know he's killed easily by Kratos in the novel, which makes sense, but did he also somehow miraculously survive the Blade of Olympus blast as well as the lightning blast from Zeus, or was it not mentioned really? Also, he'd still be the strongest human right, or would that be Alrik?

Did Perseus, Theseus, and revived Alrik, put up a fight at all either, or did Kratos stomp them?

I know about the Norse Gods having empowerment from prayers too, but what I mean is Old Kratos is already as strong as he is with literally zero followers, so was GoW 2 and GoW 3 Kratos, all of their followers were dead, so I'd imagine having 8 realms worship you would be a decent power upgrade.
Yeah. The devs make it painfully clear that Kratos is Kratos, there has been no change in his overall strength level and he is for all intents and purposes, still as strong as he was in GoW3 and he just had to train himself and his inner rage to get back to his original level. This rage is something he had from the very beginning that he will never get rid of, so he just went "Well why not use it to protect and build instead" and mastered it effectively.

That would be funny if in the novel or at some point in the game Kratos jus decides to ignore a puzzle by walking through the walls, but Atreus can't yet, so I guess he'd have to be alone for it.
He would if he could, but most of the puzzles are made of godly materials enchanted with magic, so...

Ah, ok, I was just wondering if his gear would have let him survive the headshot, but I guess it was more how much he was holding back that led to that.
He already tanks the headshot in the final battle like a champ.

Do you know how the Last Spartan scales at all, I know he's killed easily by Kratos in the novel, which makes sense, but did he also somehow miraculously survive the Blade of Olympus blast as well as the lightning blast from Zeus, or was it not mentioned really? Also, he'd still be the strongest human right, or would that be Alrik?
Prolly along the lines of that yeah. He'd be very OP for a mortal human with no demigod fluff.

Did Perseus, Theseus, and revived Alrik, put up a fight at all either, or did Kratos stomp them?
Aside from Alrik, probably not. Perseus was reduced to a body hanging from a meathook, and the Sisters were gassing up Perseus until Kratos made short work of him, and they started freaking out that now Kratos has free rein to kill Zeus with the Spear of Destiny and nothing can stop him.

Yeah. The devs make it painfully clear that Kratos is Kratos, there has been no change in his overall strength level and he is for all intents and purposes, still as strong as he was in GoW3 and he just had to train himself and his inner rage to get back to his original level. This rage is something he had from the very beginning that he will never get rid of, so he just went "Well why not use it to protect and build instead" and mastered it effectively.

He would if he could, but most of the puzzles are made of godly materials enchanted with magic, so...

He already tanks the headshot in the final battle like a champ.

Prolly along the lines of that yeah. He'd be very OP for a mortal human with no demigod fluff.

Aside from Alrik, probably not. Perseus was reduced to a body hanging from a meathook, and the Sisters were gassing up Perseus until Kratos made short work of him, and they started freaking out that now Kratos has free rein to kill Zeus with the Spear of Destiny and nothing can stop him.
So basically Kratos is just built different lol.

Are they really all enchanted with Godly power, that's hilarious if so, the makers knew some God was going to just bypass it with some bullshit if they didn't make it impossible somehow lol.

Yeah, I remember him eating that hit, bro didn't even bleed. Although, I see a lot of people try to claim that Thor was weakend due to the poison, wasn't in the right mindset, was just fighting Jorm and Ragnarok, and was drunk. Honestly only two of those claims hold even a little bit of water, he's clearly not drunk as he doesn't act anything like his drunken self, he doesn't seem even a little tired, and he didn't even get hit by either two of the big boys so he's not damaged at all, and even if was tired, Kratos had just fought through an entire army that keeps reviving so he'd be a little tired too. The mental thing can be argued, since we had just seen how messed up he was when he was talking to Sif and Thrud, but it's not concrete. As for the poison, it would make sense to me that it weakened him somewhat, due to the Myth, but he seems fine other than his wound not healing, and only Forsetti is worried about it with literally everyone else brushing it off, and I'd feel like it would have been brought up more if it actually bothered him much. Not to mention you'd have to somehow argue that only Thor was affected by the venom even though Baldur got hit by the Axe even after he lost his curse yet he still healed and wasn't weakened at all. Not to mention Thor literally powered up in that fight, and was bloodlusted, so he's bare minimum stronger than in his first fight.

Does the novel explain how the Last Spartan lived though? And he'd be weaker than the Redeemed warriors right since they actually had God power given to them.

I figured Alrik did alright, he was the man who originally beat Kratos after all, although I would have expected Theseus to do decent at least, not too surprised about Perseus though, dumbass literally gave his position away on purpose lol.

Man, I thought people understood how AP and DC work now, but you still get idiots not understanding that someone that can't destroy an entire planet can still have the AP similar to doing so. I guess like 50 percent of fiction is going to be downgraded since a lot of them aren't shown to destroy anything that impressive, and are just shown hurting people who can. I don't even understand why people can't fully grasp the concept either, because this is true for real life too, we have things that have energy output far exceeding the range and DC that it actually covers.

Back