• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Ragnarok is supposedly the last game according to a guy who played it on reddit
Last Norse god of war game. From what I hear, they took a step back from referencing Egyptian mythology in Ragnarok which is a smart move. That prevents them from being locked in when deciding what's the next mythology to explore although I really do want it to be Egyptian, whoever is the next director might have another vision.

Nah it does really seem this is the last game in the franchise according to alot of people in a GOWR leak thread, could be wrong

Nah it does really seem this is the last game in the franchise according to alot of people in a GOWR leak thread, could be wrong
I think that's because it ends on a positive note where Kratos can have a real period of peace until the next adventure. Although Atreus still has to find the rest of the giants apparently so a spin-off or sequel could be exploring that

I wanna see more armor. Kratos has one that looks kinda like a red version of the Valkyrie armor and it looks dope. Atreus had a cool armor set too

Last Norse god of war game. From what I hear, they took a step back from referencing Egyptian mythology in Ragnarok which is a smart move. That prevents them from being locked in when deciding what's the next mythology to explore although I really do want it to be Egyptian, whoever is the next director might have another vision.
Egyptian mythology or shinto-buddhism are most likely. Celtic is too similar like norse or greek.

btw there is an armor in GoW 2018 that gives kratos power of valkyrie, so i want to see what valkyrie can do in GoW Ragnarok.

Also it surprise me no one leaks that ginnungagap area

This video is the literal embodiment of every stupid argument against Low Multiversal Kratos. These are the debunks you'd see on YouTube every time you are on a video about scaling Kratos or any character debate video featuring Kratos. Not gonna lie, It kinda pisses me off at this point.

Don't even bother with this, not everyone has the same standards as us.

This video is the literal embodiment of every stupid argument against Low Multiversal Kratos. These are the debunks you'd see on YouTube every time you are on a video about scaling Kratos or any character debate video featuring Kratos. Not gonna lie, It kinda pisses me off at this point.

Anyway, I'mma do a quick debunk of this.

1. ATHENA'S EXISTENCE: First off, the Underworld IS THE ******* AFTERLIFE. ELYSIUM IS THE AFTERLIFE. Cory Barlog himself states that Athena got a taste of that higher power and got corrupted because of it (This was the only link I found of that interview, sorry about that). Where in the hell do you get a power-up in Hades, Elysium and Tartarus? If anything, those places straight up depower you unless you kill the souls there.

2. Splinter argument: Seems like he hasn't googled what a splintered tree looks like. Here's something in hindsight. Which is why it has been so problematic for the Thor vs Jormungandr scaling.

3. Yggdrasil supporting all of creation: Freya verbatim states that the tree supports all of creations. Also, we do treat LS as AP/Striking Strength/Dura if you're lifting sufficiently large enough objects, and once you get to stuff like 3-A, all that changes. Tier 2 doesn't operate on that LS =/= AP scenario simply because of of the size difference between 4-D and 3-D based on existential superiority.

4. Yggdrasil Interdimensional Travel shenanigans: As for the Tree only being a pathway for interdimensional travel, that is already debunked in the man's first scan where it says the tree supports the realms. That and that she literally states the cycles of life, death and rebirth also being encompassed by the tree which are of greater importance than the realms.

5. Underworld Size: The Underworld debunk here is just hilariously bad to boot. The Mortal World's flat plain is a finite flat disk, but the cosmos? That's a different story, that's infinite as per the GoW1 novel. Also, no, the Domain of Death is directly lodged in between the Underworld and the Mortal World, and physical travel between the realms is impossible without portals or doorways, and if you fall down, you end up going to the Underworld via BFR or via special pathways like the one that the Chain of Balance takes through tears in the fabric of space. Otherwise you'd end up going through the Domain of Death first before reaching the Underworld. Also notice how Kratos falls downwards into the Domain of Death yet falls back into the Mortal World to save his brother, heavily implying BFR. Anyway, concept artist Cecil Kim himself stated that the Underworld is infinite in size in Visions of Ancient Greece (GOW1 Bonus Video), which later makes it to the GOW1 Prima Guidebook (The word of concept artists in God of War hold incredible weight as per the words of GOW3 Director Stig Asmussen himself who reiterated this twice in a row), and then re-confirmed by three of the stories in the Temple of Helios promotional novel written by former GOW writer Marianne Krawczyk, and then confirmed by Cory himself (Who even stated that they used Cecil's concept artworks for the final Underworld levels of GOW1, and he also explained why it was infinite in size: Hades intended to rule and torture souls forever, that is of course, until Kratos killed him).

6. Cronos and Time shenanigans: Time existing during the Primordial War is blatantly false. It's only stated that the battle raged for an eternity, which literally means it went on for eons and eons, an indenitely vast period of in-fighting. Even Cory's interview blatantly states that Kratos's bloodline is cursed by the Cycle of Patricide, whose very origin can traces right back to the very beginning of time (Video here).

7. World Pillar Crisis: His World Pillar debunk makes no ******* sense whatsoever LMFAO, he doesn't even state what the scan is or why it's false, Bruno debunks this as well, when asked by a fan regarding the feat and its connections to the Norse Pantheon side of things, Bruno stated that the Primordials created the Greek World and that Atlas is the one lifting it up, and when the fan asked whether the term "world" in this context is merely referring to Greece or the entire universe of the Greek Mythology, Bruno pretty much states that it's the latter (Tweets here, here and here). Even Persephone herself states that the World will descend into chaos and even Olympus would fall. But that's not what the World extends to, as Bruno has also visibly elaborated here.

8. The Great Evils and Hope: Platonic concepts don't mean anything in terms of AP, true. Which is why WE HAVE POWERSCALING, BOZO. For Athena. Not that it matters.

9. "The Domain of Death having no time is contradicted." How exactly? It existed long before any of the Titans as per Ghost of Sparta, Cronos's birth led to the creation of time itself, the Cycle of Patricide starts with Cronos killing his father Uranus, and the Cycle's origin itself can be traced back to the very beginning of time itself. Where is the contradiction?

10. The 9 Realms and their Existential level: The realms do not work like the R^5, R^6 method, true. The realms are reflections of each other, yet they are completely separate, and they only share the same space of containment, that same space being the branches of Yggdrasil. Though I am not sure why that would matter to Tier 2 shit, what he's trying to deal with is Tier 1 shit, which you don't get by stacking up spacetime continuums anyway. So... yeah.

Shit tier debunk, shit tier video ignoring a shit-ton of context and other pieces of evidence. Also targets completely wrong topics.

Last edited:
Anyway, I'mma do a quick debunk of this.

1. ATHENA'S EXISTENCE: First off, the Underworld IS THE ******* AFTERLIFE. ELYSIUM IS THE AFTERLIFE. Cory Barlog himself states that Athena got a taste of that higher power and got corrupted because of it (This was the only link I found of that interview, sorry about that). Where in the hell do you get a power-up in Hades, Elysium and Tartarus? If anything, those places straight up depower you unless you kill the souls there.

2. Splinter argument: Seems like he hasn't googled what a splintered tree looks like. Here's something in hindsight. Which is why it has been so problematic for the Thor vs Jormungandr scaling.

3. Yggdrasil supporting all of creation: Freya verbatim states that the tree supports all of creations. Also, we do treat LS as AP/Striking Strength/Dura if you're lifting sufficiently large enough objects, and once you get to stuff like 3-A, all that changes. Tier 2 doesn't operate on that LS =/= AP scenario simply because of of the size difference between 4-D and 3-D based on existential superiority.

4. Yggdrasil Interdimensional Travel shenanigans: As for the Tree only being a pathway for interdimensional travel, that is already debunked in the man's first scan where it says the tree supports the realms. That and that she literally states the cycles of life, death and rebirth also being encompassed by the tree which are of greater importance than the realms.

5. Underworld Size: The Underworld debunk here is just hilariously bad to boot. The Mortal World's flat plain is a finite flat disk, but the cosmos? That's a different story, that's infinite as per the GoW1 novel. Also, no, the Domain of Death is directly lodged in between the Underworld and the Mortal World, and physical travel between the realms is impossible without portals or doorways, and if you fall down, you end up going to the Underworld via BFR or via special pathways like the one that the Chain of Balance takes through tears in the fabric of space. Otherwise you'd end up going through the Domain of Death first before reaching the Underworld. Also notice how Kratos falls downwards into the Domain of Death yet falls back into the Mortal World to save his brother, heavily implying BFR. Anyway, concept artist Cecil Kim himself stated that the Underworld is infinite in size in Visions of Ancient Greece (GOW1 Bonus Video), which later makes it to the GOW1 Prima Guidebook (The word of concept artists in God of War hold incredible weight as per the words of GOW3 Director Stig Asmussen himself who reiterated this twice in a row), and then re-confirmed by three of the stories in the Temple of Helios promotional novel written by former GOW writer Marianne Krawczyk, and then confirmed by Cory himself (Who even stated that they used Cecil's concept artworks for the final Underworld levels of GOW1, and he also explained why it was infinite in size: Hades intended to rule and torture souls forever, that is of course, until Kratos killed him).

6. Cronos and Time shenanigans: Time existing during the Primordial War is blatantly false. It's only stated that the battle raged for an eternity, which literally means it went on for eons and eons, an indenitely vast period of in-fighting. Even Cory's interview blatantly states that Kratos's bloodline is cursed by the Cycle of Patricide, whose very origin can traces right back to the very beginning of time (Video here).

7. World Pillar Crisis: His World Pillar debunk makes no ******* sense whatsoever LMFAO, he doesn't even state what the scan is or why it's false, Bruno debunks this as well, when asked by a fan regarding the feat and its connections to the Norse Pantheon side of things, Bruno stated that the Primordials created the Greek World and that Atlas is the one lifting it up, and when the fan asked whether the term "world" in this context is merely referring to Greece or the entire universe of the Greek Mythology, Bruno pretty much states that it's the latter (Tweets here, here and here). Even Persephone herself states that the World will descend into chaos and even Olympus would fall. But that's not what the World extends to, as Bruno has also visibly elaborated here.

8. The Great Evils and Hope: Platonic concepts don't mean anything in terms of AP, true. Which is why WE HAVE POWERSCALING, BOZO. For Athena. Not that it matters.

9. "The Domain of Death having no time is contradicted." How exactly? It existed long before any of the Titans as per Ghost of Sparta, Cronos's birth led to the creation of time itself, the Cycle of Patricide starts with Cronos killing his father Uranus, and the Cycle's origin itself can be traced back to the very beginning of time itself. Where is the contradiction?

10. The 9 Realms and their Existential level: The realms do not work like the R^5, R^6 method, true. The realms are reflections of each other, yet they are completely separate, and they only share the same space of containment, that same space being the branches of Yggdrasil. Though I am not sure why that would matter to Tier 2 shit, what he's trying to deal with is Tier 1 shit, which you don't get by stacking up spacetime continuums anyway. So... yeah.

Shit tier debunk, shit tier video ignoring a shit-ton of context and other pieces of evidence. Also targets completely wrong topics.

Damn, this is a nice debunk. I mean it's not like the debunk is hard to do when you look at the arguments presented.

Btw this guy also said Raiden from MG beats Kratos. Why? Well according to him he simply scales higher. He puts raiden in High 1-B tier beacuse Raiden transcends the MG cosmology which is supposedly High Hyperversal beacuse MG world features quantum mechanics, mathematics and wave functions. His entire argument for transcending cosmology comes from Psycho Mantis meassing with actual game software (which by his logic should transcend the cosmology) and Snake apparently using the game software. Raiden scales above them. Ridiculous.

Dual systems as I understand them exist everywhere. Whether one is unbound by them or not is another matter.

Damn, this is a nice debunk. I mean it's not like the debunk is hard to do when you look at the arguments presented.

Btw this guy also said Raiden from MG beats Kratos. Why? Well according to him he simply scales higher. He puts raiden in High 1-B tier beacuse Raiden transcends the MG cosmology which is supposedly High Hyperversal beacuse MG world features quantum mechanics, mathematics and wave functions. His entire argument for transcending cosmology comes from Psycho Mantis meassing with actual game software (which by his logic should transcend the cosmology) and Snake apparently using the game software. Raiden scales above them. Ridiculous.
A part of me feels like he's trolling but ya never really know with people.

Frankly, the fact that we still need to have the disclaimer on the profiles for God of War despite it having actual in-universe Tier 3/2 feats (for both pantheons) is exasperating.

A part of me feels like he's trolling but ya never really know with people.

Frankly, the fact that we still need to have the disclaimer on the profiles for God of War despite it having actual in-universe Tier 3/2 feats (for both pantheons) is exasperating.
Belive me he isn't a troll. He does have some solid scaling on his channel and actually argues against people in the comments.

And yeah, the GoW downplay is pretty mind-boggling. I feel like most GoW downplayers just hate GoW and try to downplay it as much as possible. It's like a big chunk of power scaling community just despises Kratos.

Last edited:
Belive me he isn't a troll. He does have some solid scaling on his channel and actually argues against people in the comments.

And yeah, the GoW downplay is pretty mind-boggling. I feel like most GoW downplayers just hate GoW and try to downplay it as much as possible. It's like a big chunk of power scalimg community just despises Kratos.
Fairly sure a large part of that is that most people just know him as "Spartan with chain blades". Plus, people are terminally unable to discern gameplay mechanics from lore or lore relevant cutscenes. Like, Ascension and Chains of Olympus already have blatant cosmic feats for the Greek Pantheon and Thor and Jormugandr shaking the realms and damaging the Yggdrasil is plenty self-explanatory but as you can see, that's never really considered. Or if it is, it's an outlier.

Fairly sure a large part of that is that most people just know him as "Spartan with chain blades". Plus, people are terminally unable to discern gameplay mechanics from lore or lore relevant cutscenes. Like, Ascension and Chains of Olympus already have blatant cosmic feats for the Greek Pantheon and Thor and Jormugandr shaking the realms and damaging the Yggdrasil is plenty self-explanatory but as you can see, that's never really considered. Or if it is, it's an outlier.
You also forgot to mention "It'S aMeTaPhOrE, iT's NoT sUpOsSeD tO bE tAkEn LiTeRaLlY"

Back