• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Guys, will Glass and Planck go to the GoW downgrade revision? Because most people who do not know and ignore the context in the verse say that it should downgrade. These issues were discussed throughout the 3 revisions agreed by Tier 1 experts for this 5 dimensional plane/space and it's accepted. Well, only Dread and OP disagree with this.

If I could have obtained permission, I would have written to Firestorm myself, but I was prevented from doing so.

Apart from that, the qualitative superiority in power applies to beings that already scale to 5 dimensional, universal-sized spatial dimensions. This is the case with Athena.

Yeah it's pretty unlikely they'd revisit that formula, but honestly, I think they should take more inspiration from it.
I agree.
I think so too, adding a jump button for aerial combos is a must for me. Soulsbourne would be my way to go for the rest of the series, but with some OG GOW elements like magic returning, and a soulsbourne element of choosing your loadout.

I'd also like smarter enemy ai, as in they could block, dodge, and parry your attacks. Basically a Sekiro style GOW game.

And please get those ******* rpg elements out. Please.
I really want them to bring jumping and aerial combat back. And yeah, the enemy AI could use a tune up massively. Playing Elden Ring makes the difference feel pretty steep at times in that era.

Im actually pretty alright with the RPG mechanics in the Norse saga. They certainly got fine tuned in Ragnarok. But I'd rather not make the series center around it anymore. Having it evolve through different styles is much more fulfilling and good for franchise longevity.
Yeah I agree. I feel like what's currently missing, is the balance between a strong focus on gameplay and a strong focus on narrative.

I don't think we should be focusing on combat more or narrative more.

It should be 50/50

I guess I just want them to take some time
I've said it elsewhere but a game should be like a car, in that the gameplay is the engine and internal system, the narrative is the outer body and the graphics are the paint detail.

Ultimately, it should still be a game. People can play a sick game even if they don't vibe with the plot or care about it. They're not gonna do the reverse.

I really want them to bring jumping and aerial combat back. And yeah, the enemy AI could use a tune up massively. Playing Elden Ring makes the difference feel pretty steep at times in that era
Exactly, Jumping and aerial combat adds variety. Enemy AI in GOW could definitely use an upgrade. Haven't played Elden Ring just yet, but I have been playing Bloodborne the past few months, and the hunter fights, are some of the best in gaming.
Im actually pretty alright with the RPG mechanics in the Norse saga. They certainly got fine tuned in Ragnarok. But I'd rather not make the series center around it anymore. Having it evolve through different styles is much more fulfilling and good for franchise longevity
Yeah 2018 was worse in RPG elements.
The enchantments and sockets and all that bullshit was annoying. I also miss the red orbs, simple upgrading. Find this find that gets kinda annoying.
I've said it elsewhere but a game should be like a car, in that the gameplay is the engine and internal system, the narrative is the outer body and the graphics are the paint detail.
An interesting comparison
Ultimately, it should still be a game. People can play a sick game even if they don't vibe with the plot or care about it. They're not gonna do the reverse.
True. we've gotten to the point where gaming is just as much cinema as cinema itself, and we all care about the narrative, but the gameplay is just as much, if not more, the core aspect.

And what really holds them back is their fear of spectical.

That and honestly, the companions. Atreus and Freya (especially Freya she's the best companion imo) are great, but I feel like they're what's holding back the versatility of the gameplay.

Also, I liked the of idea of playing as Atreus, so I think that's what should be in the future games, multiple playable characters.

But honestly, I feel like of all the potential playable characters, Atreus was the least interesting, would have much rather have been Freya and Thor

Yeah 2018 was worse in RPG elements.
The enchantments and sockets and all that bullshit was annoying. I also miss the red orbs, simple upgrading. Find this find that gets kinda annoying.
I'm alright with having upgrade materials, though I wish they weren't so obtuse at times. Elden Ring having a singular material type for each brand of upgrade was better.
True. we've gotten to the point where gaming is just as much cinema as cinema itself, and we all care about the narrative, but the gameplay is just as much, if not more, the core aspect.
Gameplay, combat mechanics and enjoyment are the main core of a video game. Narrative is important but ultimately secondary. I can vibe with DOOM and not give two ***** about the story, same with God of War 3.

But if your gameplay is subpar then even an Oscar-worthy story can feel like a slog.
And what really holds them back is their fear of spectical.
Sad considering spectacle was the roots of the franchise. Hopefully they return to that.
That and honestly, the companions. Atreus and Freya (especially Freya she's the best companion imo) are great, but I feel like they're what's holding back the versatility of the gameplay.
Yeah, companions can honestly go. They limit the gameplay quite a bit.
Also, I liked the of idea of playing as Atreus, so I think that's what should be in the future games, multiple playable characters.

But honestly, I feel like of all the potential playable characters, Atreus was the least interesting, would have much rather have been Freya and Thor
Freya has so much versatility in her combat that it's criminal we never fought as her even once. She has melee combat with her swords, aerial and dash abilities with her Valkyrie Wings, magical attacks with her Seidr and Bifrost etc.

Upgrade or Downgrade?
It probably won't downgrade. During the 3 revisions it was already decided that the realm is a 5-D spatial dimension, a universal-sized spatial dimension, and it does so by transcending all 4-D planes and existing on a higher plane.

In such a case there will never be a need for the "infinitely more powerful statement" that DeagonX mentioned, because in such cases someone scaling to the 5-D realm I mentioned above would be infinitely more powerful than the 4-D realm by default. I think Planck, Glass and others will explain it.

It probably won't downgrade. During the 3 revisions it was already decided that the realm is a 5-D spatial dimension, a universal-sized spatial dimension, and it does so by transcending all 4-D planes and existing on a higher plane.

In such a case there will never be a need for the "infinitely more powerful statement" that DeagonX mentioned, because in such cases someone scaling to the 5-D realm I mentioned above would be infinitely more powerful than the 4-D realm by default. I think Planck, Glass and others will explain it.
No need i know how this works, was just curious if CAS will be downgraded or something.

I think he was talking about Cosmic Armor Superman, not Kratos.

Kinda sad how DC went from having a lot of Low 1-C people to having like...5 of them.

Meanwhile Marvel getting to eat that good shit.

Hell, if/when we get 5D RBR, that puts PoH Kratos at 6D, enough to fight most of the DC top tiers.

Guys, will Glass and Planck go to the GoW downgrade revision? Because most people who do not know and ignore the context in the verse say that it should downgrade. These issues were discussed throughout the 3 revisions agreed by Tier 1 experts for this 5 dimensional plane/space and it's accepted. Well, only Dread and OP disagree with this.

If I could have obtained permission, I would have written to Firestorm myself, but I was prevented from doing so.

Apart from that, the qualitative superiority in power applies to beings that already scale to 5 dimensional, universal-sized spatial dimensions. This is the case with Athena.
Why not go straight to Firestorm's message wall?

There's some solid at minimum planetary arguments for MK top tiers (Most places besides this wiki use realm merging to scale them) but besides that? Think the best feat is Large Building level (There's a small town level feat but it required the dude who did it to self destruct so nobody outside of one guys amped durability scales to it).
If you want, you could get some interesting wank for MK

Why does kratos have Flight justification scaling to ares? He clearly can't fly on his own. Only with icarus' wings.

Why does kratos have Flight justification scaling to ares? He clearly can't fly on his own. Only with icarus' wings.
That's for the Kratos after he lost his powers. Before losing his powers, he most definitely would've had the powers of Ares for himself, being a full God and all. That's why it says "Eventually, with Wings of Icarus".

@KLOL506 More evidence it's Jaakubb.

hkCZijT.png

Jaakubb also consistently pestered other staff about other shit despite their orders to stop.

What is bro talking about? Like what?
Freezing feats aren't valid? What does that even mean.
Don't ask me, DontTalkDT and Bambu already rejected it, DDM is writing up a massive rebuttal that's taken 2 years in the making.

Back