• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

if that 2-A upgrade for Yggdrasil goes through, practically everybody scales, right?

Even Primordials and Titans. And the strongest or one of the strongest 2-As on site are DB heroes characters cuz of their scaling chain, I think.

I wonder if GOW would be on par, given it also has a pretty steep scaling chain

if that 2-A upgrade for Yggdrasil goes through, practically everybody scales, right?

Even Primordials and Titans. And the strongest or one of the strongest 2-As on site are DB heroes characters cuz of their scaling chain, I think.

I wonder if GOW would be on par, given it also has a pretty steep scaling chain
Yeah.

Kratos is about to 6-D too lol
Honestly depends on that qualitative superiority thread they just made, though IDK how 5D RBR will affect that.

So basically a return to traditional style?
Not necessarily. The Norse saga is objectively the most successful the franchise has ever been so I hold no delusions they'd go back to the Greek Era formula but honestly I don't want them to.

I'd rather they evolve the combat and change the style and mechanics each mythology. Perhaps a fast-paced Soulsborne style for Celtic mythology? A more combo and spectacle based combat system for Egypt? As long as they keep things fresh.

The shorter play time is mostly so they focus on a good concise game that puts gameplay and combat as priority.

I've always found it hilarious how lightweight hanging himself for 9 days is compared to the sheer amount of mass-slaughter and betrayal he's caused just for knowledge (let alone the genocide he's mostly responsible for otherwise).

I also think it goes to show that Odin could have won/survived Ragnarok, become the undoubted god of the reborn cosmos with an even more loyal following, accumulated every iota of knowledge, etc, and that still probably wouldn't have been enough for him. IIRC, Freya even says something similar.

Some mfs are always trying to ice skate uphill.

Last edited:
So I got to ask

About the Blades of Artemis>>Blades of Chaos>>>Mjolnir scale.....

Wouldn't that just be referring to Mjolnir's base power level?

And not when Thor is wielding it...because we all know and ( hopefully ) agree that Thor is so far beyond Artemis it's ridiculous even when holding back

And Mjolnir would obviously be amped by him when he is wielding it otherwise when he is fighting guys far stronger than Artemis like Kratos, Jormungand and Surt as Ragnarök it would just break or at the very least be useless

So, if I simplify what I am trying to say...

Thor wielding Mjolnir>>>>>Blades of Artemis>>>Blades of Chaos>>>Mjolnir by itself

It's kinda the same thing with Ares profile mentioning he could tank Blades of Artemis but it's not noted it was by a Pandora's Box Amped Kratos ( which makes it far more impressive )

Because I doubt when Artemis gave her titan slaying blades to Demigod Kratos ( who we know for a fact is below Olympian tier confirmed ) he could wield them with the same power Artemis did ( before his pandora box amp or becoming the god of war )

I could be wrong ofc and if so please correct me...but I was just curious

Yes, it's referring to Mjolnir all by itself
And not when Thor is wielding it...because we all know and ( hopefully ) agree that Thor is so far beyond Artemis it's ridiculous even when holding back
Yup. Thor >>>>>>> Artemis
And Mjolnir would obviously be amped by him when he is wielding it otherwise when he is fighting guys far stronger than Artemis like Kratos, Jormungand and Surt as Ragnarök it would just break or at the very least be useless
I don't think Mjolnir is amped. It's more that its durability scales to Thor's AP and the characters whom he fights, while Mjolnir's AP by itself is a lot weaker
Thor wielding Mjolnir>>>>>Blades of Artemis>>>Blades of Chaos>>>Mjolnir by itself
More or less. Though as what KLOL said earlier, Thor can do all his feats with or without Mjolnir

Last edited:
Yes, it's referring to Mjolnir all by itself

Yup. Thor >>>>>>> Artemis

I don't think Mjolnir is amped. It's more that its durability scales to Thor's AP and the characters whom he fights, while Mjolnir's AP by itself is a lot weaker

More or less. Just to add one more little thing

Thor wielding Mjolnir >= Thor by himself >>>>> Blades of Artemis >>> Blades of Chaos >>> Mjolnir by itself
Ok so I wasn't wrong good to know

Thank you

So what about the Blades of Artemis/Demigod Kratos thing I brought up?

So I got to ask

The hammer compounds Thor's blows, but at the same time it needs to be as strong as him to withstand those hits.

No, Thor has no ability to amp his weapons. So far, only those with access to Runic Magic, Kratos and the Greek Gods can do so, best known peeps for that being Ares and the Brother Kings.

So, if I simplify what I am trying to say...

At that point it's not even Mjolnir's own power, it's Thor's power solely. We don't say Thor can't do the feats without Mjolnir, same way we don't say Kratos can't do the feats without Leviathan. It's not a two way street for them like it is for the Blades of Chaos and Blades of Athena.

Durability and quality tho? No.

It's kinda the same thing with Ares profile mentioning he could tank Blades of Artemis but it's not noted it was by a Pandora's Box Amped Kratos ( which makes it far more impressive )
Blade of Artemis is just built different I suppose. Some weapons are just that strong by their nature.

Another good example would be the Blade of the Gods. That weapon is just that strong on its own and in the final leg of the fight Kratos had no magic left to amp his weapons (Ares nulled his ability to use magic at all), just his massive size and power from Pandora's box.

Because I doubt when Artemis gave her titan slaying blades to Demigod Kratos ( who we know for a fact is below Olympian tier confirmed ) he could wield them with the same power Artemis did ( before his pandora box amp or becoming the god of war )
Not all weapons work this way. Sometimes, they're just that strong.

Remember, Mjolnir compounds Thor's power, makes it be more felt (Which is why it feels so much worse than simply getting punched than Thor, despite it being the same level of power), it doesn't enhance itself or Thor's blows in the least bit.

Blades of Chaos however, is a different story.

For now...
angai313-spongebob-sad.gif

I'm pretty sure Donatien is some guy named DGA Gaming. I remember him and some other guy talking about downgrading GOW. He also thinks that the Sun doesn't exist in God of War.

Even more sure of it because he uses "begging the question" every 5 seconds. Just like DGA does.

I'm pretty sure Donatien is some guy named DGA Gaming. I remember him and some other guy talking about downgrading GOW. He also thinks that the Sun doesn't exist in God of War.

Even more sure of it because he uses "begging the question" every 5 seconds. Just like DGA does.
Do you have any proof for this? Because that is one hell of a claim you're making.

Not necessarily. The Norse saga is objectively the most successful the franchise has ever been so I hold no delusions they'd go back to the Greek Era formula but honestly I don't want them to.
Yeah it's pretty unlikely they'd revisit that formula, but honestly, I think they should take more inspiration from it.
I'd rather they evolve the combat and change the style and mechanics each mythology. Perhaps a fast-paced Soulsborne style for Celtic mythology? A more combo and spectacle based combat system for Egypt? As long as they keep things fresh.
I think so too, adding a jump button for aerial combos is a must for me. Soulsbourne would be my way to go for the rest of the series, but with some OG GOW elements like magic returning, and a soulsbourne element of choosing your loadout.

I'd also like smarter enemy ai, as in they could block, dodge, and parry your attacks. Basically a Sekiro style GOW game.

And please get those ******* rpg elements out. Please.
The shorter play time is mostly so they focus on a good concise game that puts gameplay and combat as priority.
Yeah I agree. I feel like what's currently missing, is the balance between a strong focus on gameplay and a strong focus on narrative.

I don't think we should be focusing on combat more or narrative more.

It should be 50/50

I guess I just want them to take some time

Back