• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Wild argument of the day:

There's actually two Cronoses, Cronos wasn't in his prime when Kratos killed him, therefore, Kratos doesn't scale to his true prime self.

I can't. I just can't anymore. I'm not even gonna bother debunking this. Just thought it was a hilarious read.

Wild argument of the day:

There's actually two Cronoses, Cronos wasn't in his prime when Kratos killed him, therefore, Kratos doesn't scale to his true prime self.

I can't. I just can't anymore. I'm not even gonna bother debunking this. Just thought it was a hilarious read.
Well, isn't the Cronos Kratos fought devoid of his magic?

Well, isn't the Cronos Kratos fought devoid of his magic?

Yes but a much younger and weaker Hades essentially beat Prime Cronos in a 1 on 1 during the Titanomachy

He was about to rip out his soul even if Atlas hadn't stopped him...

Kratos killed a far far far stronger Hades in a 1 on 1 and ripped out his soul

Easiest way to shut that shit down

I am more baffled as to how they came to the conclusion that there were two Cronoses just because Kratos fought a weakened one.

Yes but a much younger and weaker Hades essentially beat Prime Cronos in a 1 on 1 during the Titanomachy

He was about to rip out his soul even if Atlas hadn't stopped him...

Kratos killed a far far far stronger Hades in a 1 on 1 and ripped out his soul
I should also note that Kratos spared no effort in literally cutting up Cronos like butter with the Blade of Olympus now empowered by his magic (After its powers got permanently reclaimed back by Kratos, of course). Cronos could do literally little else but cry and be helpless as he was torn to shreds.

That's not to say he wasn't a threat tho. He still could somewhat hold his own against Kratos, and a Titan being stripped of their power doesn't exactly end their threat completely.

I am more baffled as to how they came to the conclusion that there were two Cronoses just because Kratos fought a weakened one.
Eh... probably because he thought GOW works the same way like the real mythology where you have 2 Cronos', one with the K and one with C.
One is a Primordial and one a Titen and son of Gaia.

It's such a shame JTTW dosen't have more profiles for Demons and such.
Kratos (High 6-A) vs High 6-A Demons would be cool.

Eh... probably because he thought GOW works the same way like the real mythology where you have 2 Cronos', one with the K and one with C.
One is a Primordial and one a Titen and son of Gaia.
Nah even this can be ambiguous at times

I'm alright with having upgrade materials, though I wish they weren't so obtuse at times. Elden Ring having a singular material type for each brand of upgrade was better.
Exactly. I think a lot could be learned from Elden Ring.
Gameplay, combat mechanics and enjoyment are the main core of a video game. Narrative is important but ultimately secondary. I can vibe with DOOM and not give two ***** about the story, same with God of War 3.
Exactly, Doom eternal does this pretty well, where story plays a larger role and it's a lot more cinematic, but the main focus is still the gameplay. Fromsoft as well as their games lore usually is hidden the background
But if your gameplay is subpar then even an Oscar-worthy story can feel like a slog.
True cough cough Red Dead Redemption 2 cough cough
Sad considering spectacle was the roots of the franchise. Hopefully they return to that.
I'm slow asf lol so that's how you spell spectacle. But I can definitely see them bringing back the spectacle, as they actually stepped it up a lot compared to 2018 in Ragnarok.

The spectacle will always be there no matter the mythology, so I don't know why they would try to ground things.
Yeah, companions can honestly go. They limit the gameplay quite a bit.
Yeah I'd prefer multiple playable characters and being able to switch between them anytime
Freya has so much versatility in her combat that it's criminal we never fought as her even once. She has melee combat with her swords, aerial and dash abilities with her Valkyrie Wings, magical attacks with her Seidr and Bifrost etc.
No idea what they were thinking not letting us play as her lol still could with DLC but that's unlikely

God, don't start with RDR2's gameplay. Now that I've finally gotten to get to RDR1, its gameplay seems magnitudes better and snappier than the new one, which just feels so ******* sluggish half the time.

God, don't start with RDR2's gameplay. Now that I've finally gotten to get to RDR1, its gameplay seems magnitudes better and snappier than the new one, which just feels so ******* sluggish half the time.
A dumb move by your part.

Tell me about it, like I love RDR2 and I actually think it had a better story than GOW 2018, and honestly was a better game overall, but that accidentally pulling out guns and shooting people, walking in a circle before finally taking cover, shit was annoying.

GOW Clears in gameplay and I was really happy when 2018 won GOTY over it for this reason

In fact, the biggest reason GoW 2018 got Goty was because it took a "big risk".

In short, it is a matter of either burying or being buried.
This is part of why it's basically redefined Kratos as a pop culture icon compared to his Greek self. Both are still some of the most iconic characters in gaming but Norse Kratos is definitely pulling ahead in modern perception due to 2018.

It's why I really hope they take time to create an original flavour for the next installment. I don't have many problems with 2018/Ragnarok in gameplay overall but the same playstyle/gameplay can make a genre stale if going on for too long.

No. That's not how immesurable speed works
Not how you get Immeasurable speed.
LOL no, by Brok's own admission (Or Sindri's, maybe), it's magical Dimensional travel without portals.

Doesn't work on dragons tho.
but if you can walk freely in RBR wouldn't that mean you can perceive time as 4 spatial dimensions ? which means you can end up on any point of time (past, present, future)

but if you can walk freely in RBR wouldn't that mean you can perceive time as 4 spatial dimensions ? which means you can end up on any point of time (past, present, future)
Eh, no?

Even Jormie being sent back in time was considerd to be akin to "an act of God" kind of thing. The only other person renonwed to have gone back in time is none other than Kratos, and even he states that it's far more of a pain than one would care to admit.

Back