• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Runic attack variety? I think Ragnarok ***** on 2018 in that aspect, the spear has some real cool ones. A lot of them were nerfed tho, and the effects weren't as cool.
but plot progression and pacing yeah I agree.

Ragnarok had too much going on, with a lot of characters I simply didn't care about, and a lot of rushed moments.

Runic attack variety? I think Ragnarok ***** on 2018 in that aspect, the spear has some real cool ones. A lot of them were nerfed tho, and the effects weren't as cool.
I meant for the Blades and Axe only obviously, including a whole other weapon in the comparison doesn't make sense. Quite a few of the old ones (Gift of Apollo, Glaive Storm etc.) never made it through and those that did had rather lacklustre effects in comparison.
but plot progression and pacing yeah I agree.

Ragnarok had too much going on, with a lot of characters I simply didn't care about, and a lot of rushed moments.
Ragnarok really plays like a game that was meant to be split into two because that'd make things endlessly more bearable and give a lot more room to important plot points, sections and characters. Like, imagine having a game then a whole 2-3 years to let them settle into the collective fandom.

I meant for the Blades and Axe only obviously, including a whole other weapon in the comparison doesn't make sense. Quite a few of the old ones (Gift of Apollo, Glaive Storm etc.) never made it through and those that did had rather lacklustre effects in comparison
Yeah for some ****** reason they nerfed a lot of returning abilities like the meteor one and breath of thamur. I wasn't aware that you only meant the axe and blades so my bad lol, but I will say one of the biggest positives of the game overall is the spear, one of the best weapons in the series imo.

Had some really cool attacks, basically Typhon's bane and the Arms of Sparta had a baby.

Ragnarok really plays like a game that was meant to be split into two because that'd make things endlessly more bearable and give a lot more room to important plot points, sections and characters. Like, imagine having a game then a whole 2-3 years to let them settle into the collective fandom.
You can tell that was probably their intent at first, some of this shit could have easily have been the next game, but they had to cram all that in one game. Because they didn't want to spend a total of 15 years on a trilogy

Honestly, I hope we will have more comics in the future, that could really flesh out the Norse world before we leave.

Alright guys it's time we stop it with the GOW wank

1688856645228667.png

Why don't we make Kratos vs Marvel Thor? Or didn't someone do that already?

God, it's so hard finding good 2-C opponents for 2-C characters when each of them scales to either just 2-3 universes or to some random number.

Tier 2 scaling aside, does MK even have anything on the level of the on-screeen feats Baldur scales to?
There's some solid at minimum planetary arguments for MK top tiers (Most places besides this wiki use realm merging to scale them) but besides that? Think the best feat is Large Building level (There's a small town level feat but it required the dude who did it to self destruct so nobody outside of one guys amped durability scales to it).

There's some solid at minimum planetary arguments for MK top tiers (Most places besides this wiki use realm merging to scale them) but besides that? Think the best feat is Large Building level (There's a small town level feat but it required the dude who did it to self destruct so nobody outside of one guys amped durability scales to it).
Makes sense. I'd certainly remember Liu Kang doing anything on par with Baldur's canyon, moving the bridge, knocking out a planet-spanning monster etc.

Ragnarok should've been divided into two games; one that leans more into Fimbulwinter and the build up to Ragnarok and another that focuses on the beginning of the end and the event itself. Not only would spreading arcs through these games help with the pacing (Ironwood anybody?) but it wouldn't cheapen the final battle as much as it was.
Completely agree, i get more and more disappointed with this game the more time passes.

Hopefully the next game doesn't force itself to be a 20 hour epic. I'm legit fine with a 7-10 hour installment tops if the rest of the resources go into making the gameplay and set pieces a peak experience.

Ignoring stats I think it'd be a good fight, although I think Baldur would come out on top.

I wish we saw more of Human Kratos to have a key for him, there's plenty of good matches in MK for him.

Back