• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Like if a character has a magic reserve, and they explicitly can use up all that magic reserve, or most of it, in an attack, then it should scale to creation feats that take up less of that magic reserve
That's not how this works. Their Creation Feats need to use up equal amounts of magic as their physical attacks or less for it to scale to physical strength, not that physical attacks need to empty an entire reserve. TL;DR the physical attacks need to have equal or slightly higher energy expenditure than their Creation Feat to be scalable to said Creation Feat. YOU DON'T HAVE TO EXHAUST THE ENTIRE ENERGY RESERVE TO PULL THIS OFF.

The size of their magic reserve doesn't matter either. What does matter however, is how much effort it takes to do such feats.

If said feats are done effortlessly, they scale to physicals, as this heavily implies they aren't using egregious amounts of magic into either of their feats. If they aren't done effortlessly and take the wind out of the character and exhaust them significantly and it's something they can't use regularly like their regular attacks, they're an ultimate attack that scale above their usual operating levels. End of story. This applies to both physical attacks and Creation Feats.

Last edited:
Why is it a UES
Simple, it scales supernatural attacks to physicals and makes them both the same power level.

Last edited:
Oh, did I also forget to mention that Sustaining said Creations with just your mere existence and the Creations ceasing to exist if you are defeated is also grounds to scale it to your physicals as physical attacks would require significantly more effort than merely existing by default?

I have never understood the bias against creation feats. Its just a feat... what matters is how much effort was needed to perform it.

You can have feats of AP and/or DC like say Godblast from Marvel Thor which you wouldn't scale to his normal physicals even if it may have used UES... all because it takes all Thor has to perform it. Meanwhile you wouldn't shy away from scaling Tier 5 to Thor busting planets because its quite casual.

Same principle for creation feats. If it takes all you have to create something, obviously you wouldn't scale your normals to it.... but if it creating shit was casual then I don't know why there would be any problem for scaling.

does magic reserve matter for AP ? i think that is different thing tho
Sometimes yes.
Having more energy in your system can boost you. But it's usually because its "active"...
If its dormant like Kurama inside Kid Naruto then you obviously wouldn't scale.

So it depends on individual verse and individual character. I believe I advocated for a point on this to be added to the UES page.. I don't remember if it survived the subsequent edits and revisions tho.

Sometimes yes.
Having more energy in your system can boost you. But it's usually because its "active"...
If its dormant like Kurama inside Kid Naruto then you obviously wouldn't scale.

So it depends on individual verse and individual character. I believe I advocated for a point on this to be added to the UES page.. I don't remember if it survived the subsequent edits and revisions tho.
oh i see, case by case then.

tbh it's pretty clear many people got confused with this stuff especially when people believe attack that can empty your magic bar equal to AP.

But the truth is not like that.

Last edited:
I believe I advocated for a point on this to be added to the UES page.. I don't remember if it survived the subsequent edits and revisions tho.
It's there. It says the following:

"It should be noted that systems don't need to be continously active. Some systems might only enhance statistics while the character physically channels energy though their body, while other systems do so passively as long as energy is available."

It's there. It says the following:

"It should be noted that systems don't need to be continously active. Some systems might only enhance statistics while the character physically channels energy though their body, while other systems do so passively as long as energy is available."
the furies qualify for this, right ?

oh i see, case by case then.

tbh it's pretty clear many people got confused with this stuff especially when people believe attack that can empty your magic bar equal to AP.

But the truth is not like that.
Truth is, Magic Bar emptying in GOW is Game Mechanics.

Canonically speaking, Kratos has infinite reserves of Magic, as seen when he went berserk at Thanatos because he killed Deimos.

Not sure If I've said this before, I think I have, but furies need limited resistance to time manipulation 2:15 she's slowed down a bit, but not as much as every other enemy. Megaera also needs summoning, for summoning Spartan Soldiers

We’ll keep these spoilers free until launch, so don’t worry about us spilling every secret! Unless you’re the All-Father himself, you’ll have to wait for November 9 to figure out everything we’ve got hidden up our sleeves.

Not sure If I've said this before, I think I have, but furies need limited resistance to time manipulation 2:15 she's slowed down a bit, but not as much as every other enemy.
Limited Resistance to Time Manip overall and Limited Resistance to Time Stop, flat-out Resistance to Time Slow and Age Manip. Time Slow doesn't last very long, wears off after 2-3 seconds on them.

Megaera also needs summoning, for summoning Spartan Soldiers
Tisiphone too, her Illusion in the final level summoned a bunch of mooks.

Me 2. I don't like Norse Kratos look. He looks homeless. Just give him back his Skirt, the Golden Fleece, and the boots and voila, there you have it

And honestly they especially should have brought back the boots seeing as they'd actually work more with the fixed camera than being lock-on

I wondering, are we gonna see kratos using mjolnir in Ragnarok later
it doesn't seem suitable if kratos uses it, but it looks cool

The Valkyrie armor was cool, Tyr's too. The Traveller and the dwarves armor looked kind of medieval But yeah I agree. Kratos looks the best shirtless.
I wondering, are we gonna see kratos using mjolnir in Ragnarok later
it doesn't seem suitable if kratos uses it, but it looks cool
Most likely, but I wouldn't mind them going a different route. After all we'd basically have the same weapon.

Back