• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Redeemed Warrior Should get a big LS upgrade for the hammer of Atlas as well, Kratos too for being a lot Stronger than them.

Maybe Class Y? "The weight of the world is behind this hammer"

Maybe some speed and range upgrades for Kratos with Zeus fury? Didn't Zeus hit Ares with a bolt while he was in Egypt in like a few seconds? Does anyone have that scan? Could we scale that to Kratos as he has Zeus exact bolts and can perceive them in slow motion?

Ehhh idk I feel like this is a reach, I'll leave it.

Redeemed Warrior Should get a big LS upgrade for the hammer of Atlas as well, Kratos too for being a lot Stronger than them.

Maybe Class Y? "The weight of the world is behind this hammer"
Class Z. Crust only. GOW Earth is flat.

Ironically that'd upgrade the Redeemed Warrior to 6-A+ (Sad day that wielding a hammer the mass of the Earth's crust doesn't even wield High 6-A because RKE ****** us over).

Maybe some speed and range upgrades for Kratos with Zeus fury?
Are we sure Zeus gave Kratos the same exact bolts with the same exact speed? I don't see why Zeus would just hasten his own doom by literally bestowing the same power level to Kratos. Granted that Olympus is thousands of miles above sea level as per Bruno but still, I doubt Zeus would give Kratos those full-powered bolts right off the get-go.

Zeus definitely would deserve a range upgrade tho, since he threatened Ares that he could strike even him regardless of where he is.

Didn't Zeus hit Ares with a bolt while he was in Egypt in like a few seconds? Does anyone have that scan? Could we scale that to Kratos as he has Zeus exact bolts
He did. GOW1 Novel Chapter 2.

“Ares.”

The image of the God of War twitched visibly and then threw a dark look back over one shoulder without replying. He deliberately returned to crushing humans.

“How dare he ignore me?” Zeus drew another breath, this one causing frost to form all around and clouds to pelt the earth with sleet.

“My son, your presence is required upon Olympus.”

Again the God of War twitched but only lowered his head sullenly as though he could not hear.

“You must cease your Hydra’s attack immediately. I have use of the mortal Kratos. Ares? Ares! I will not be ignored when I command you.”

Zeus’s brows drew together, and the clouds of his beard and flowing mane shaded dark as a winter storm. Athena stepped to one side. She had anticipated this moment as surely as an oracle scrying the future hidden to her godly powers, and she didn’t want to get in the way.

Zeus lifted his hand, palm upward, and a small spear of scintillant energy formed. With a flick of his hand, as if he did nothing more than shoo away a fly, he loosed the thunderbolt. It seared past Athena and flashed away into the sky. An instant later, lightning struck the desert in the image, so close to Ares that the god recoiled from the explosion of molten rock and fused sand.

The God of War lifted his face to the sky, his features twisted with bitter resentment; Athena could feel the god’s anger all the way from that twisted, devastated land. “Why does my father disturb me as I go about my work?”

“It is not your place to ask,” thundered the King of the Gods. “Your place is to obey. Come to Olympus and kneel before the throne to beg forgiveness.”

“I will not, so long as that treacherous, lying, frigid bitch-sow you name my sister is anywhere near the place. The stench of her corruption repels all honest gods.”

Zeus rose to his feet. Lightning played about his brow. “You dare to defy me?”

“Your thunderbolt caught me unawares. I will not again be so easily startled.” Ares set his mighty fists upon his hips. Every move caused his weapons to clash with the sound of battle. “You are welcome to leave that padded throne in your honey-scented palace and come out into the world to get me.”

“Beware, Ares. My thunderbolt can strike even you.”

Ares tossed his fiery locks scornfully. “You think to frighten me with lights and noise? Me? The God of War? Am I a cold gray cowardly virgin, supplicating before your throne, speaking lies and treachery? I am Ares. If you think to bring war against me, Father, recall that war is my kingdom!”

can perceive them in slow motion?
Already tried that, doesn't wield much above MHS+ in case you haven't seen the prior comments.

Class Z. Crust only. GOW Earth is flat.
Oh yeah forgot. Still a pretty nice upgrade
Ironically that'd upgrade the Redeemed Warrior to 6-A+ (Sad day that wielding a hammer the mass of the Earth's crust doesn't even wield High 6-A because RKE ****** us over).
So, 6-A+ with the Hammer, and 5-A likely 4-C with Alligence weapons?
Are we sure Zeus gave Kratos the same exact bolts with the same exact speed? I don't see why Zeus would just hasten his own doom by literally bestowing the same power level to Kratos.
I questioned this myself. Which is why I thought it was a reach. I mean this was before the paranoia kicked in. But yeah, I don't think he would either and Zeus Fury when Kratos uses it is probably around his speed.
If this was the case we'd have infinite speed 5-A Kratos.

I'm just curious if we could scale this particular feat to him. What would this feat be? Around Sub-Relativistic?
Zeus definitely would deserve a range upgrade tho, since he threatened Ares that he could strike even him regardless of where he is.
Definitely, what it this feat, like tens of Kilometers? What I wonder is if he was in the Greek universe's version of Egypt or the actual Egyptian universe. Could end being a Low Multiversal range feat if that was the case. But I doubt it
Already tried that, doesn't wield much above MHS+ in case you haven't seen the prior comments
No I didn't see it, how much would yield if he scaled to Zeus Egypt feat?

Oh yeah forgot. Still a pretty nice upgrade

So, 6-A+ with the Hammer, and 5-A likely 4-C with Alligence weapons?

I questioned this myself. Which is why I thought it was a reach. I mean this was before the paranoia kicked in. But yeah, I don't think he would either and Zeus Fury when Kratos uses it is probably around his speed.
If this was the case we'd have infinite speed 5-A Kratos.

I'm just curious if we could scale this particular feat to him. What would this feat be? Around Sub-Relativistic?
AFAIK, in GOW2 at the intro, Kratos fell from Olympus down to Rhodes in roughly 14 seconds. Assuming "several thousand miles" is 3000 miles at the bare minimum, which is 4828032 m, the speed of free-falling would be around 344,859.43 m/s or Mach 1005.421 (MHS+). But that's falling speed, not the speed at which Zeus would hurl down lightning onto unaware targets.

At best Zeus's lightning bolts would be 440 km/s or Mach 1283 (MHS+) at the bare minimum via virtue of being lightning, but given that he can blitz gods and he even caught Ares unawares and Hermes even more so just by getting enraged, I would be very hesitant to use any calc for Zeus's bolts, period.

Definitely, what it this feat, like tens of Kilometers? What I wonder is if he was in the Greek universe's version of Egypt or the actual Egyptian universe. Could end being a Low Multiversal range feat if that was the case. But I doubt it
Thousands of miles at the bare minimum. Olympus stands that high above sea level as per Bruno's own words.

Poseidon also has many world-shaking feats, as does Atlas with his Atlas Quake which he says will allow Kratos to quake the entire world at his command. He even literally states that the sheer force of the Titan War forged the landscape of the Mortal World, and we know the battle took place in the pits of Tartarus, and the Underworld and Mortal World had already been separated by then.

No I didn't see it, how much would yield if he scaled to Zeus Egypt feat?
Again, I would be very hesitant given that he caught a god unawares here.

At the lowest, it'd be lightning speed of 440 km/s or Mach 1283.

Here's hoping we get one more gameplay showcase before release. The game was announced 2 years ago and we still haven't seen much of it.

Hmmmmm, which abilities specifically, outside of resistances?
Alecto:

Adhesive Manipulation

Tishphone: Forcefield Creation

Megaera: Already have animal manipulation, but her parasites can adopt the abilities of Fire, ice, soul, and lightning. And they can infect people turning them into insect like creatures.
Even works on giants like the Hands of hecatonchires.

What would that fall under? Disease Manipulation?

Also, a few tabs back I was wrong when I said Tishphone created the Sparta Dimension. It was Megaera

Alecto:

Adhesive Manipulation

Tishphone: Forcefield Creation
Was gonna point out Alecto's Adhesive Ink, due to her squid form and all.

Megaera: Already have animal manipulation, but her parasites can adopt the abilities of Fire, ice, soul, and lightning. And they can infect people turning them into insect like creatures.
Even works on giants like the Hands of hecatonchires.

What would that fall under? Disease Manipulation?
Corruption, Transformation and Biological Manip sounds more likely

Also, a few tabs back I was wrong when I said Tishphone created the Sparta Dimension. It was Megaera
Nope, it was Megaera. She explicitly shouted at Tisiphone to fool Kratos, and the energy is explicitly shown to emanate from Tisiphone, even saying this:

"SISTER, SHOW HIM WHAT SPARTA DOES TO A TRAITOR!"

Was gonna point out Alecto's Adhesive Ink, due to her squid form and all.
She can do it in base too. It's actually pretty ****** op too seeing as Kratos never really physically breaks out of it and has to use the oath stone to get out of it
Corruption, Transformation and Biological Manip sounds more likely
Figured it'd be something like that.

Could get Kratos some new resistances as well seeing as his unaffected by them
Nope, it was Megaera. She explicitly shouted at Tisiphone to fool Kratos, and the energy is explicitly shown to emanate from Tisiphone, even saying this:

"SISTER, SHOW HIM WHAT SPARTA DOES TO A TRAITOR!"
Huh, so I was right.

Also missing shapeshifting, summoning for Tishphone as she can summon her Daimon, and surface scaling and Multiple limbs/Natural weaponry for Megaera.

They actually have some decent abilities

She can do it in base too. It's actually pretty ****** op too seeing as Kratos never really physically breaks out of it and has to use the oath stone to get out of it
I know LOL

Could get Kratos some new resistances as well seeing as his unaffected by them
Well technically speaking they never manage to grab him from the rear, they always poke at him.

Huh, so I was right.

Also missing shapeshifting, summoning for Tishphone as she can summon her Daimon, and surface scaling and Multiple limbs/Natural weaponry for Megaera.
Energy Manipulation and Projection as well, that Daimon thing is made of her own energy.

They actually have some decent abilities
Hence the need to split them. We'll use their dope artworks.

I know LOL
My bad Lmao
Well technically speaking they never manage to grab him from the rear, they always poke at him.
True, or maybe they're just not strong enough to even infect him, seeing as he easily rips them apart
Energy Manipulation and Projection as well, that Daimon thing is made of her own energy.
They already energy manipulation and projection, I think.

I'll rewatch their boss fights for anything else I'm missing.
Hence the need to split them. We'll use their dope artworks
True. No clue why it ain't been done yet, when it's been almost universally agreed on.

It would be crazy if Thor and Odin are the good guys in the game and the climax of the game ends with the older Atreus/Loki being the main villain because he went off the deep end and tried to end the Norse world out of revenge for Thor and Odin's past misdeeds. It would be an inverse to God of War 2 and 3 like how Kratos uses time travel to commence the ending of the greek world through the destruction of Olympus, albeit unintentionally, and killing his father. Kratos could see his past self in this older Atreus who is willing to destroy the world for revenge and I'd imagine if this theory were true it doesn't end with Atreus getting killed by Kratos but getting a swift ass kicking to set him on the right path making it sort of an inverse to God of War 2 and 3. I don't think this theory is true but it does seem like a more personal approach that I'd imagine SMS would try to do.

Thinking about it more, I don't think this theory is far-fetched either. God of War 2018 already set up the idea that there are two sides to every story and the only information on Thor and Odin we have are from people who hate them. Thor is also supposedly going to have some stuff that makes him more of a sympathetic villain as well. Still think this is not what's gonna happen but it would be cool if SMS really did go in on the two sides to every story thing because it never feels right just hearing about Odin and Thor from people who hate them to the point they sound eviler and less sympathetic than even the pre-Fear Greek Gods going by what we've heard about them.

Last edited:
I honestly hate how they shrunk the QTE's role in boss fights in the first place.

I enjoyed them, and they offered a cinematic approach to the fights themselves.

with the power of the PS5 they could really make for some sick boss fights.

GOW, Bayonetta, Asura's wrath, and the Naruto Storm games did that great.

I'll love GOW 2018 always, but I really admire how Devil May Cry 5 stuck to the fundamentals and still found success.
I don't think that was why Ascension failed like all the these game journalists love to claim.

People seriously think that Ascension failed because of that?

No, Ascension did not fail, but it didn't meet everyone's expectation primarily because the story was so lackluster, combat took a backseat and the game lacked memorable moments.

I honestly hate how they shrunk the QTE's role in boss fights in the first place.

I enjoyed them, and they offered a cinematic approach to the fights themselves.

with the power of the PS5 they could really make for some sick boss fights.

GOW, Bayonetta, Asura's wrath, and the Naruto Storm games did that great.

I'll love GOW 2018 always, but I really admire how Devil May Cry 5 stuck to the fundamentals and still found success.
I don't think that was why Ascension failed like all the these game journalists love to claim.
Yea, you would think the more cinematic and personal approach 2018 took that they would've evolved the QTEs from the past games rather than almost gotten rid of them completely. The QTEs were some of the most cinematic moments in the old games that properly tied gameplay and cutscenes together. For a game with no cuts and hidden load times like 2018, QTEs would've helped elevate its blend of cutscene to gameplay transitions to amazing heights.

I don't think Ascension sold very well, either.

But yeah, some questionable decisions when it comes to mechanics like Rage and no new, forgettable villains and story, and to an extent, probably multiplayer.

Although it had some dope moments like the Twins and the hecatonchires. I guess it was a story that didn't need to be told
Yea, you would think the more cinematic and personal approach 2018 took that they would've evolved the QTEs from the past games rather than almost gotten rid of them completely. The QTEs were some of the most cinematic moments in the old games that properly tied gameplay and cutscenes together. For a game with no cuts and hidden load times like 2018, QTEs would've helped elevate its blend of cutscene to gameplay transitions to amazing heights.
Exactly.
If anything this new style would have a bigger place for them. Why not take points from telltale who have entire games built around that.

People seriously think that Ascension failed because of that?

No, Ascension did not fail, but it didn't meet everyone's expectation primarily because the story was so lackluster, combat took a backseat and the game lacked memorable moments.
It was the exact opposite. The combat in ascension is the best in the series after 3, it just lacked versatility with weapons. The grapple mechanic was overpowered as ****. Ascension Did fail, it never even broke a million units sold.

It was the exact opposite. The combat in ascension is the best in the series after 3, it just lacked versatility with weapons.
It literally locked your best moves behind a Rage Bar which already cripples the combat to a considerable degree. On the harder levels it forces you to rely too much on your equipment which are overpowered as **** if used correctly.

The grapple mechanic was overpowered as ****.
True.

Ascension Did fail, it never even broke a million units sold.
Actually, it sold just over 3 million.

Back