• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Btw, I recently made my own scaling chain that I hope is accurate for the God-Tier scaling:

9-universes = Ragnarok = Ingrid = Mjolnir < Blades of Chaos < Ares's durability < Are's AP < Brother Kings <<<< GoW2 Pre-Zenkai Zeus = GoW2/3 Pre-Hades Kratos = Stage 3 Ragnarok Kratos = Thor

Pre-Hades Kratos << Post-Zenkai Zeus = Pre-Hope Kratos = Bloodlusted Ragnarok Kratos <<<< Fear Zeus <<< Hope Kratos

The Tartarus being above Light of Alfheim makes sense FRA, but what's up with the Zeus Lightning and Sisters of Fate Scaling?
Zeus' magic and AP as a whole being deemed superior to all other Olympian magic (Zeus explicitly refers to his Thunderbolts as such, in terms of both strength and magical potency), and the Sisters of Fate themselves having magic that far and wide surpasses everyone else in the Mortal World, real reason they're considered more powerful than all the other gods, Titans and Primordials is because of their Fate hax that in turn influences everything else.

Of course, Great Evils and Hope scale above that even.

And no one scales to the SoF right?
SoF?

@KLOL506 do you have the thread where Runic magic was upgraded to 4D mate?

Zeus' magic and AP as a whole being deemed superior to all other Olympian magic (Zeus explicitly refers to his Thunderbolts as such, in terms of both strength and magical potency), and the Sisters of Fate themselves having magic that far and wide surpasses everyone else in the Mortal World, real reason they're considered more powerful than all the other gods, Titans and Primordials is because of their Fate hax that in turn influences everything else.

Of course, Great Evils and Hope scale above that even.
Makes sense.
Sisters of Fate.

Btw, I recently made my own scaling chain that I hope is accurate for the God-Tier scaling:

9-universes = Ragnarok = Ingrid = Mjolnir < Blades of Chaos < Ares's durability < Are's AP < Brother Kings <<<< GoW2 Pre-Zenkai Zeus = GoW2/3 Pre-Hades Kratos = Stage 3 Ragnarok Kratos = Thor

Pre-Hades Kratos << Post-Zenkai Zeus = Pre-Hope Kratos = Bloodlusted Ragnarok Kratos <<<< Fear Zeus <<< Hope Kratos
@KLOL506

This look good to you?

@KLOL506

This look good to you?
Nah. Pre-Zenkai Zeus should be a decent bit above the likes of Thor. He's already got a massive power gap with Hades and Poseidon combined and could one shot them with stray bolts from his fingertips.

9-universes = Ragnarok = Ingrid = Mjolnir < Blades of Chaos < Blade of Artemis < Ares < Brother Kings = Held-back Thor = Held-Back Ragnarok Kratos < = Stage 3 Ragnarok Kratos = Thor = GoW2 Endgame/GoW3 BoG Pre-Hades Kratos < = GoW2 Pre-Zenkai Zeus

GoW2 Endgame/GoW3 BoG Pre-Hades Kratos <<<<< GoW2 Post-Zenkai Zeus <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< GoW3 Zeus (Plus some more Zenkai boosts) = Pre-Hope Kratos (Who has his own boosts) = Bloodlusted Ragnarok Kratos <<<< Fear Zeus <<< Hope Kratos

Last edited:
Nah. Pre-Zenkai Zeus should be a decent bit above the likes of Thor. He's already got a massive power gap with Hades and Poseidon combined and could one shot them with stray bolts from his fingertips.

9-universes = Ragnarok = Ingrid = Mjolnir < Blades of Chaos < Blade of Artemis < Ares < Brother Kings = Held-back Thor = Held-Back Ragnarok Kratos < = Stage 3 Ragnarok Kratos = Thor = GoW2 Endgame/GoW3 BoG Pre-Hades Kratos < = GoW2 Pre-Zenkai Zeus
This checks out, although Held-Back Kratos should be << Stage 3 Kratos.
GoW2 Endgame/GoW3 BoG Pre-Hades Kratos <<<<< GoW2 Post-Zenkai Zeus <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< GoW3 Zeus (Plus some more Zenkai boosts) = Pre-Hope Kratos (Who has his own boosts) = Bloodlusted Ragnarok Kratos <<<< Fear Zeus <<< Hope Kratos
What's the difference between Post-Zenkai GoW2 Zeus and GoW3 Zeus?

Aren't they the same (asides from the middle-of-fight Zenkai boosts Zeus gets against Pre-Hope Kratos)?

I do hope y'all realise that while I'll use it as a reference in any sort of blog, "Stages" Kratos is just silly.

It's really not as complicated as we make it out to be.

Thor scales to Ragnarok Kratos while he's pushing all he has while staying in control. This same Kratos is comparable but slightly inferior to Zeus, pre-Summit.

Without control, Kratos is significantly above and comparable to his peak old self and Zeus at his peak. That's mostly the core issue there.

I do hope y'all realise that while I'll use it as a reference in any sort of blog, "Stages" Kratos is just silly.

Thor scales to Ragnarok Kratos while he's pushing all he has while staying in control. This same Kratos is comparable but slightly inferior to Zeus, pre-Summit.

Without control, Kratos is significantly above and comparable to his peak old self and Zeus at his peak. That's mostly the core issue there.
Exactly my thoughts, although a blog explaining why Thor scales to this Kratos (since some will continue to say that Kratos was holding back against Thor) would still be a great help.

On another note, we really, really need to give Atreus some resistances.

He literally has zero on his profile.

And we still need to give Heimdall all the bifrost powers that Odin and Freya have

This checks out, although Held-Back Kratos should be << Stage 3 Kratos.
Prolly.

What's the difference between Post-Zenkai GoW2 Zeus and GoW3 Zeus?
The massive power gap discrepancy between the two.

Aren't they the same (asides from the middle-of-fight Zenkai boosts Zeus gets against Pre-Hope Kratos)?
Power level-wise, no, massive gap between the boosts. Kratos plays possum and ganks Post-Zenkai GoW2 Zeus yet again with the BoO but Athena pops up and sacrifices herself to save Zeus. Zeus limps back to Olympus. Gets even stronger. Proceeds to one-shot GoW3 BoG Kratos and Gaia at the same time with a single bolt of lightning.

Then fights GoW3 Endgame Pre-Hope Kratos and gets pinned down under rubble. Claps back and gets stronger again.

Not quite. We do know he holds back greatly on losing himself to the Rage he has

So he's not going all out then. It's that simple.

This is what going all out actually is.

It's funny how weak Gaia Is in GOW, when her Myth version created a beast that soled Olympus and teach Zeus his place.

I hope the Ragnarok novel, whenever it comes out, gives us something that can help us scale Thrud.

Also, maybe it can give the Norse clearer scaling relative to the top-tier Greeks and hopefully give them some more hax.

I wonder if they will ever do a GOW3 Novel.
Wait, they didn't do a GoW3 novel even though IIRC they did one for GoW4?

That's weird as ****.

Speaking of, I like how in the GoW4 novel, when Kratos goes back home to put on the Blades of Chaos, he remembers what Pandora told him about the power of Hope.

Back