• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Boots of Hermes and/or Wings Of Icarus.

Just nyoom through the entire world, never having to worry about Bus Tickets or arriving late.
I think icarus wings don't work well like that, it can't cross very long distances, like icarus who was trying to reach the sisters of destiny, normal icarus wings are used to glide over high places, but everything needs a considerable wind to be able to fly like kratos in the games

About the Boots of Hermes I really don't know if our body will withstand moving at high speed, I think it would be disintegrated when it ran at the speed of light or higher, we would have having a body sufficient to withstand high speeds and the heat when moving, due to the heating of the muscles

About the Boots of Hermes I really don't know if our body will withstand moving at high speed, I think it would be disintegrated when it ran at the speed of light or higher, we would have having a body sufficient to withstand high speeds and the heat when moving, due to the heating of the muscles
They're magic dude. Don't overthink it.

Blade of Olympus literally allows you to take powers of a god and permanently bestow it upon yourself LOL.
Wouldn't that require that the Blade already had the power of a God?

The only time-frame where that was the case was the beginning of GOW 2 until the Zeus boss fight.

Last edited:
Kinda curious: should we make a separate key for End of God of War 2 Zeus and GoW 3 Zeus since the strength difference is so significant, or is it unnecessary?

What Planck said. It'd be no different than giving Kratos multiple keys for games. Completely unnecessary and adds further bloat and stat-padding. It's why we axed them and reduced them to what forms Kratos has had over the years.

He had Hope for almost 13 years prior to this when he killed Ares. It was just locked inside of him.
So basically it took something really traumatic to awaken it

But when kratos opened the box for the first time, (sorry for being nitpicky) didn’t pandora actually open it first obviously? (My mythological accuracy nerd inside of me strikes again)

I wouldn't say it was something traumatic, Kratos needed to forgive himself to finally use the full power of hope, Pandora helped him with that post death.

So basically it took something really traumatic to awaken it

But when kratos opened the box for the first time, (sorry for being nitpicky) didn’t pandora actually open it first obviously? (My mythological accuracy nerd inside of me strikes again)
Something traumatic wouldn't cut it. Kratos had to lose literally everything he had left in order to unlock Hope, as Pandora herself said, Hope is what people fight with when all else is lost. Forgiving himself was just the first step to unlockng it.

A part of me feels that the hope he had to kill Ares and free himself from his nightmares is what allowed him to draw on a sliver of its power to kill Ares, even when the latter tool all of his magics and weapons away.

And the revelation that his nightmares wouldn't ever go away killed that little hope he had and made the power go dormant until Pandora allows him to reawaken it.

A part of me feels that the hope he had to kill Ares and free himself from his nightmares is what allowed him to draw on a sliver of its power to kill Ares, even when the latter tool all of his magics and weapons away.

And the revelation that his nightmares wouldn't ever go away killed that little hope he had and made the power go dormant until Pandora allows him to reawaken it.
That's exactly what happens. 🌝

Why didn’t the Greek gods just remove his memories?

Zeus thought it was funny, that's why.

CC28-D127-12-E5-4197-B83-A-84-BA870-E6-BE6.png

What's funny is that according to the novels, he didn't do it because "Well I have to live with killing my family, he should too"

This is ignoring Zeus gets a massive boner just at the thought of torturing Chronos further and doesn't care that he condemned the rest of the Titan race (including Gaia who raised him and gave him her blessings to kill Chronos) just cause while Kratos truly from the very bottom of his heart and soul regrets what he did to his family.

And funny enough, the moment he reveals this to Athena she loses all respect for him.

Wait, I got a question: would GoW III Cronos scale to GoW III Kratos since they fought and Cronos was able to injure Kratos with some of his attacks, or at least required him to exert effort? There's also the fact that Kratos needed the Blade of Olympus to kill him. Kratos literally accused Hephaestus of sending Kratos to his death, showing that Cronos gave him a serious challenge. Wouldn't that mean they're comparable in stats? I just finished beating Cronos, so I'm curious.

Last edited:
Wait, I got a question: would GoW III Cronos scale to GoW III Kratos since they fought and Cronos was able to injure Kratos with some of his attacks, or at least required him to exert effort? Wouldn't that mean they're comparable in stats? I just finished beating Cronos, so I'm curious.
Maybe but @ByAsura said kratos would defeat chronos in any scenario

I mean if you want to get into it, everyone in GOW3 are comparable on stats since they share the same tiers...

But nah, I wouldn't think so

Same goes for Hermes. I mean, Hermes was still capable of staggering Kratos with his blows. It's really not that much different than Heimdall, and we still scale Heimdall somewhat to Kratos for staggering him despite not really injuring him.

Wait, I got a question: would GoW III Cronos scale to GoW III Kratos since they fought and Cronos was able to injure Kratos with some of his attacks, or at least required him to exert effort? There's also the fact that Kratos needed the Blade of Olympus to kill him. Kratos literally accused Hephaestus of sending Kratos to his death, showing that Cronos gave him a serious challenge. Wouldn't that mean they're comparable in stats? I just finished beating Cronos, so I'm curious.
No. Cronos was already long depowered and chained up. Kratos using the Blade of Olympus was just adding insult to the injury to Cronos. Not just that, you also have to remember that by this point the BoO is nothing more than a hunk of metal drained of whatever power it had left, which now serves as a conduit for Kratos' own power (As it doesn't light up without either Kratos or Zeus channeling their might through it).

Cronos wasn't really able to do anything much to Kratos. Hell, even the slap that Cronos tried got stopped dead in its tracks by Kratos himself.

Kratos accused Hephaestus because he didn't reveal the full truth, if the game has taught us anything, Kratos doesn't like people who keep secrets from him.

Same goes for Hermes. I mean, Hermes was still capable of staggering Kratos with his blows. It's really not that much different than Heimdall, and we still scale Heimdall somewhat to Kratos for staggering him despite not really injuring him.
Hermes wasn't able to do jackshit in the actual fight, it's essentially a bully-fest where you only get hit if you allow yourself to, which in this case, is painfully easy to not do. Just whaling on Hermes in any difficulty will whittle him down to less than nothing.

We should really try to remember that gameplay will add artificial tension for cohesion.

Like, you just killed Hades, who was defeating a far more powerful Cronos back when he was far weaker. There's no feasible way for Cronos to scale to you, much less Hermes.
Speaking of hades, taking his soul has to be one of the best scenes in the game.

Back