• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Btw, on TV Tropes they added Freya and the Norns under the trope of Magnificent Bastard.

For the trope of Complete Monster, the Greek Saga has Ares, while the Norse Saga has the Raven Keeper, who stands out due to murdering hundreds of children to enslave their souls in eternal torment.

Btw, on TV Tropes they added Freya and the Norns under the trope of Magnificent Bastard.

For the trope of Complete Monster, the Greek Saga has Ares, while the Norse Saga has the Raven Keeper, who stands out due to murdering hundreds of children to enslave their souls in eternal torment.
Btw, Odin barely misses the cut.

He's definitely heinous and nasty enough...

BUT his last moment where he tells Atreus he cannot stop really makes him seem more pitiable than anything else, since it's clear his addiction/obsession with finding out the future has consumed him.

This reminds me of that argument that Kratos never actually stopped the slap but was in a crevice between Cronos' hands.
If it was a crevice then Kratos wouldn't be pushed down onto his knees.

Plus, a funny thing is, when Cronos initiates the slap, Kratos is shot upwards for some reason while Cronos went in for the slap. Even ignoring that. Kratos would kind of be too tall for the crevice thing to matter, plus his hands weren't even lined up properly for the crevice argument to work.

I can't believe I just realized this, but I love how the main theme of GoW Ragnarok is "letting go".

• Like Brok said, Sindri needed (but failed) to let go of his need for Brok and then his grudge against Kratos and Atreus (and his own self-loathing)
  • Freya managed to let go of her hatred for Kratos
  • Freyr let go of his grudge against Freya
  • Kratos let go of Atreus and let him be his own person
  • Kratos also let go of his past misdeeds once and for all, and forgave himself once he realized that he was now the new "All Father" and the Norse God of Peace
  • Odin refused to let go of his obsession/addiction for finding the future, and it consumed him.
  • That Valkyrie who hated Freya could not let go of her loathing for Freya, and it killed her.
  • "Let it go and you may live"

I would say it's also Kratos enduring hypocrisy from all sides.

Seriously literally everything everyone is going through Ragnarok is something he already went through.

And about Kratos letting go from his past misdeeds, I think it already happened at the end of GOW3, it's how he gets to use the Power of Hope.

he will give the answer I need.
7c4925ee-891f-4315-8455-1c6053407b70.gif

Back