• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Norse kratos is GoW 3 kratos without POH but have more wisdom and calmer.
Incorrect.

Norse Kratos is a nerfed version of GOW3 Kratos without PoH, Titan Powers, Rage of the Titans or Hades' soul. At best he only has his brute force strength from that era and combat wisdom (He's always had his combat wisdom since he was a kid).

Incorrect.

Norse Kratos is a nerfed version of GOW3 Kratos without PoH, Titan Powers, Rage of the Titans or Hades' soul. At best he only has his brute force strength from that era and combat wisdom (He's always had his combat wisdom since he was a kid).
well from statistic point of view yeah, he does not have previous arsenal. But he still have previous other resistance tho

Huh. Slightly higher than before even, neat.

At least until the whole Furies scaling is sorted, this should fit pretty well.

Yeah good luck, its unlikely that we are getting that minigame back, not in this day and age.

At most the game may take a reference, insinuating that its was Kratos's cope mechanism to deal with his guilt and nightmares.
well i would imagine the sex scene would be similar like last of us 2

I actually, kinda don't want to see Faye. Kinda ruins that mysterious, faceless entity.

Not that I would turn down the opportunity to see her tho, as I expect her to be in Ragnarok.

The reddit leak claimed Thor destroys the world tree and send us all back in time, before Kratos met Faye and we fight her.

No not really. Kratos never was a misogynist nor the games.

Not sure why they claim that, didn't even bother to elaborate lmfao.

But the Sex mini games are a no-no in todays time.

Or are they? You have even more explicit sex scenes in games today. Far more. The last of us part 2 has Vietnam flashbacks is worse than anything in the GOW series In that aspect and that wasn't controversial by the same "woke" (I hate that term) crowd for being a sex scene.

No not really. Kratos never was a misogynist nor the games.

Not sure why they claim that, didn't even bother to elaborate lmfao.
If you read the comments you know these guys don't even have a shred of intelligence to their heads but then again it's Twitter so why expect anything else from them.

But the Sex mini games are a no-no in todays time.

Or are they? You have even more explicit sex scenes in games today. Far more. The last of us part 2 has Vietnam flashbacks is worse than anything in the GOW series In that aspect and that wasn't controversial by the same "woke" (I hate that term) crowd for being a sex scene.
This is just moronic for the sake of being moronic if you ask me.

Games are rated M for a reason. Why should we pander to these self-contradicting idiots who can't read the age rating for crap?

If they're rated M, chances are you shouldn't be giving them to your kids until they're old enough.

Most of the Twitter crowd is pretty brain addled, with a large chunk of them just desperate to look like moral paragons meaning they go around finger wagging at anything they can. I'd say the mini-games are just less tonally fitting than being outright an issue with the current iteration of the games.

And yeah, visiting some brothels or drowning one's sorrows in willing partners isn't misogyny, I have better use of my time than taking someone like that seriously.

If you read the comments you know these guys don't even have a shred of intelligence to their heads but then again it's Twitter so why expect anything else from them.
Ikr. They're also years old so I'll try let em off the hook.
Games are rated M for a reason. Why should we pander to these self-contradicting idiots who can't read the age rating for crap?

If they're rated M, chances are you shouldn't be giving them to your kids until they're old enough.
Fax on this.
Most of the Twitter crowd is pretty brain addled, with a large chunk of them just desperate to look like moral paragons meaning they go around finger wagging at anything they can
Preach, brother.
I'd say the mini-games are just less tonally fitting than being outright an issue with the current iteration of the games.
They totally are.

I will say that there was one thing that was valid to criticize and that was a trophy in Ascension that said "Bros before Hoes" after you beat the furies I believe, and I think that's basically the only genuinely misogynistic thing I can associate with GOW.
And yeah, visiting some brothels or drowning one's sorrows in willing partners isn't misogyny, I have better use of my time than taking someone like
Exactly. After all the fuckshit Kratos has been through in his life, what else would he do?
Doesn't Gaia state in GOW1 that Kratos had multiple partners to fill his wife's void?

That happens all the damn time with everyone that has lost a partner. It makes sense.

Twitter is shit
Couldn't agree more.

I will say that there was one thing that was valid to criticize and that was a trophy in Ascension that said "Bros before Hoes" after you beat the furies I believe, and I think that's basically the only genuinely misogynistic thing I can associate with GOW.
That seems fairly mild, all things considered. GoW having questionable trophy names in the Greek era was something I sorta got used to (and got a laugh out of occasionally).

That seems fairly mild, all things considered. GoW having questionable trophy names in the Greek era was something I sorta got used to (and got a laugh out of occasionally).
It had a good one in Ascension when Aegean bites his own hand, it's called Biting the hand that feeds, pretty amusing if you ask me.

Yeah, they were pretty funny, but I can see the case in this one instance.

I think they removed it.

Also, I think that take was braindead, but I'm not going act like it's a majority opinion. It has 65 likes. We'd lose our minds looking for stupid opinions of people on twitter that don't even have a hundred likes, especially the really small accounts, like the White supremacist holocaust deniers that get like 5 likes for saying something easily debunkable.

But it's funny seeing this and the Thor fat and Angroboda black discourse.

I think that's worse because I feel like more people hold those idiotic opinions than the one in the tweet above. I've seen so many "I wont like the game because Thor Fat and Angroboda Black" tweets. Like get a life.

Not saying that there's anything wrong with disliking said designs, After all I wasn't the biggest fan of Thor's look either before seeing the trailer at, but just don't be hateful about it.

And funny thing is, apparently Angroboda has no known physical description.

Back