• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

For example Hades and Hercules should resist the Soul Summons,
Hades controls the Soul Summons, I think he has it already. Hercules has the resistances too last I check

unsure about Hermes,
Hermes is kind of a slippery slope methinks, since he's just too fast in general to land a proper hit at any given moment.

the furies,
Furies definitely resist almost all of Kratos's abilities save for the Amulet of Uroboros, but it only slows them down, it can't lock them into telekinesis.

Thanatos and Deimos should resist freezing abilities,
Yeah that's fine.

and Zeus should resist light manipulation
I mean, Light Manip really isn't something that you need resistance to protect yourself against, just blocking it out works. Though given Helios's light being capable of causing physical destruction, IDK.

Hades controls the Soul Summons, I think he has it already. Hercules has the resistances too last I check
He's missing madness manipulation and petrification resistance, Hercules too.

Sisters of fate need resistance to petrification too

Hermes is kind of a slippery slope methinks, since he's just too fast in general to land a proper hit at any given moment.
Yeah me too. So idk
Furies definitely resist almost all of Kratos's abilities save for the Amulet of Uroboros, but it only slows them down, it can't lock them into telekinesis
Maybe resistance to Telekinesis?
I mean, Light Manip really isn't something that you need resistance to protect yourself against, just blocking it out works. Though given Helios's light being capable of causing physical destruction, IDK.
I thought this too, but then again I came across some characters that have resistance to light manipulation on here so idk either
Well he's not, Beowulf is part of the Anglo-Saxon/(maybe) Ireland/British Mythology
I've always thought he was for some reason.

Would have been cool to see him fight Kratos

He's missing madness manipulation and petrification resistance,
Kratos gains those abilities after he kills Hades with the Claws, not before.

Hercules too.
Hercules is fine. Though I'm unsure whether you would get all the Orbs necessary to upgrade it to Level 5 up until then, I think we can just chalk up the Upgrade scheme to be Game Mechanics.

Sisters of fate need resistance to petrification too
Ye.

Maybe resistance to Telekinesis?
Maybe even Age Manip and Time Slow as well, it doesn't work on them as well as on the other peeps, but Time Manip and Time Stop in full they don't resist.

I thought this too, but then again I came across some characters that have resistance to light manipulation on here so idk either
I guess it might work then? For Hercules with the Gauntlets too (Without the Gauntlets he can get flung back if he's not in an attacking position)

Zeus and Hermes definitely have no issues whatsoever. Hermes was built from the ground up to lolnope Helios's flashlight.

Resistance to light manipulation feels kinda redundant unless it's like, resisting a blinding flash or something. But I suppose it shouldn't hurt to have it.

Also, I wonder what Hermes was even doing during the second Titanomachy up until meeting Kratos? You'd think he'd hightail it outta there after seeing the second and third most powerful Olympians fall one after the other but I guess the Evils are something else.

Also, I wonder what Hermes was even doing during the second Titanomachy up until meeting Kratos? You'd think he'd hightail it outta there after seeing the second and third most powerful Olympians fall one after the other but I guess the Evils are something else.
Something something Kratos killed Hermes' son.

Kratos gains those abilities after he kills Hades with the Claws, not before.
He resists them when summoned, if you can upgrade them by then with NG+, but non canon non canon non canon if you like, makes sense.
Hercules is fine. Though I'm unsure whether you would get all the Orbs necessary to upgrade it to Level 5 up until then, I think we can just chalk up the Upgrade scheme to be Game Mechanics
You can get the orbs necessary to upgrade them to when you unlock the gorgon serpent by then, I think.
Maybe even Age Manip and Time Slow as well, it doesn't work on them as well as on the other peeps, but Time Manip and Time Stop in full they don't resist.
Limited resistance then?
I guess it might work then? For Hercules with the Gauntlets too (Without the Gauntlets he can get flung back if he's not in an attacking position)
Maybe? Guess it could work
Also, I wonder what Hermes was even doing during the second Titanomachy up until meeting Kratos? You'd think he'd hightail it outta there after seeing the second and third most powerful Olympians fall one after the other but I guess the Evils are something else
What makes it worse is he could have easily escaped Kratos, as Kratos had no way of catching him, if being serious.

Kratos really capped his ass for a pair of J's

He resists them when summoned, if you can upgrade them by then with NG+, but non canon non canon non canon if you like, makes sense.
Worst part about GOW3, no New Game+.

You can get the orbs necessary to upgrade them to when you unlock the gorgon serpent by then, I think.
I guess.

Limited resistance then?
Ye

Maybe? Guess it could work
Ye, Resistance with the Gauntlets on only.

What makes it worse is he could have easily escaped Kratos, as Kratos had no way of catching him, if being serious.
Hermes is a lazy, arrogant and prideful piece of shit, of course he'd want to stroke his ego by taking on a "lazy and slow brutish mortal" like that. Guess he never read Aesop's Fables.

Kratos really capped his ass for a pair of J's
More like Hermes chose his words very poorly when he said that Kratos may "defeat" him

Guess he had no idea that Kratos would indeed de-feet him in the literal sense of the word.

Ares seemingly can influence the dimension; we see it’s no illusion thanks to II

the issue is whether he created it or simply manipulates it.

I’m also pretty sure Herc and Demigods need Longevity; Kratos was in his 50’s by GOWI without signs of ageing and Hercules is active by Ascension and seemingly hasn’t aged a day by God of War III (I also believe he’s got a statue in Sparta)

Worst part about GOW3, no New Game+.
Well at least it had bonus play. That was fun, but yeah NG+ missing did suck ass
Hermes is a lazy, arrogant and prideful piece of shit, of course he'd want to stroke his ego by taking on a "lazy and slow brutish mortal" like that. Guess he never read Aesop's Fables
Yeah, you'd think after you hear that a guy is merking gods left and right, he'd dip, nah.

What an idiot.
Guess he had no idea that Kratos would indeed de-feet him in the literal sense of the word
Lmao that was gold
Ares seemingly can influence the dimension; we see it’s no illusion thanks to II

the issue is whether he created it or simply manipulates it.
Do we know if it's the size of a universe / actually a universe?

Because I feel like all the gods need self sutenance type 1

Cronos fought Uranus in the Cosmos

I think Hyperion Forged his spear in the core of the sun

And the primordials created the universe and fought in it

(I'm sure there's other feats)

I’m also pretty sure Herc and Demigods need Longevity; Kratos was in his 50’s by GOWI without signs of ageing and Hercules is active by Ascension and seemingly hasn’t aged a day by God of War III (I also believe he’s got a statue in Sparta)
I think Kratos looks his age in GOW 1 lol but yeah I agree with this

Do we know if it's the size of a universe / actually a universe?

We do know it's galaxy-sized at the bare minimum with countless stars littering the background. The same skybox is then used in the Ares bossfight.

So yeah, the gods should absolutely get Self Sustenance Types 1. Resistance to Cosmic Radiation too. Helios and the Primordials especially.

He did, even cut off his ******* one-to-one as per the myth.

He did, that'd also warrant him Resistance to Extreme Gravity, Pressures, and breathing in harmful gases like Helium and Hydrogen.

Helios fighting Nyx and banishing her from the night-sky, Kratos being in the dimension getting littered by radiation from the background stars

Nah, that's just because of dated game tech.

We do know it's galaxy-sized at the bare minimum with countless stars littering the background. The same skybox is then used in the Ares bossfight.

So yeah, the gods should absolutely get Self Sustenance Types 1. Resistance to Cosmic Radiation too. Helios and the Primordials especially.
Extreme cold too. Probably gonna be the case for the Norse Gods too, seeing as Kratos fights two Valkyries (that's going to be a pain in the ass) in what looks like outer space in the story trailer.
He did, even cut off his ******* one-to-one as per the myth.
I wonder what happened to cronos scythe in the GOW universe. Could have been a sick weapon to wield.
He did, that'd also warrant him Resistance to Extreme Gravity, Pressures, and breathing in harmful gases like Helium and Hydrogen.
True dat. Does he even have a page tho?

Helios fighting Nyx and banishing her from the night-sky, Kratos being in the dimension getting littered by radiation from the background stars
Yeah the Helios vs nyx fight is good.

Question is, does this also apply for Demigod Kratos?
Nah, that's just because of dated game tech
Yeah dated graphics.

Last edited:
Extreme cold too.
Eh no, we no longer give Extreme Cold just because you end up in the vacuum of space because heat radiates too slowly away in space as there is no convection or air to carry it away.

However, Kratos literally power walks through the snowy mountains outside of Sparta, and he already resists Ice Manip so it's kind of redundant.

Probably gonna be the case for the Norse Gods too, seeing as Kratos fights two Valkyries (that's going to be a pain in the ass) in what looks like outer space in the story trailer.
This could work.

I wonder what happened to cronos scythe in the GOW universe. Could have been a sick weapon to wield.
No one knows LOL

True dat. Does he even have a page tho?
He doesn't for some reason, though he's a very important Titan and should at the very least be equal to Helios if not stronger given that they were both Sun Gods once.

Question is, does this also apply for Demigod Kratos?
Unfortunately, nah.

Eh no, we no longer give Extreme Cold just because you end up in the vacuum of space because heat radiates too slowly away in space as there is no convection or air to carry it away
Ah
However, Kratos literally power walks through the snowy mountains outside of Sparta, and he already resists Ice Manip so it's kind of redundant
True dat.
No one knows LOL
There's so much of Greek mythology GOW never touched on. That sucks
He doesn't for some reason, though he's a very important Titan and should at the very least be equal to Helios if not stronger given that they were both Sun Gods once.
Yes he's helios' dad. He appears in chains of Olympus, apparently, and possibly GOW 3, the sand colored titan seen pulled down by the hippocampi at the start could be him. The GOW wiki says that the primordial flame merged his body with Helios following the Titans loss in the war. Is this true?
Unfortunately, nah.
You could make an argument that due to his genetics he could survive in space, given that his family can, but that has no evidence, so I'll stop there.

yeah self sustenance is good for Greeks at least (Norse has stuff for it but tbh there's an antifeat for this. As for Kratos, wait does he? because dude is like 48/58 in GOW1

yeah self sustenance is good for Greeks at least (Norse has stuff for it but tbh there's an antifeat for this).
It'd remain only with Greeks, unless the swimming portion in GOW Ragnarok shows us something else. (I hope the Water levels come back)

As for Kratos, wait does he? because dude is like 48/58 in GOW1
48 in GOW1, 60 in GOW2. There's at least a 12-and-a-half-year gap between GOW1 and GOW2/3.

There's so much of Greek mythology GOW never touched on. That sucks.
Sad indeed. Nyx and Morpheus were meant to have much more to their name. They never got it.

Yes he's helios' dad. He appears in chains of Olympus, apparently, and possibly GOW 3, the sand colored titan seen pulled down by the hippocampi at the start could be him. The GOW wiki says that the primordial flame merged his body with Helios following the Titans loss in the war. Is this true?
Yes, it is indeed true, Temple of Helios explicitly confirms as such.

You could make an argument that due to his genetics he could survive in space, given that his family can, but that has no evidence, so I'll stop there.
No, his family is just a construct that Ares made up. Kratos is only alive because he has that sliver of Hope in him.

I hope the Water levels come back)
Me too, dunno why they removed them
Sad indeed. Nyx and Morpheus were meant to have much more to their name. They never got it.
Yeah there's a whole bunch of gods and creatures who never appeared. Maybe we will explore Greece again one day

Yes, it is indeed
Which means Helios gets his resistances then?
No, his family is just a construct that Ares made up
No I meant his divine lineage

Nah, Greece is finished. Egypt is next on the chopping block.

Which ones specifically?

Calliope never awakened her godly powers.
I think a prequel comic series centered around Kratos life in Sparta to his service to the gods, specifically the tasks we never saw, and his time as God of war could be nice.

Helios gets resistance to extreme heat and all the others for the feat in sun's core

And I meant Kratos' Olympian, titan, and primordial family. Each of them have showings of type 1 self sustenance

And to be fair Calliope never lived long enough to awaken them

I wanted to reply to this individually, but my phone is being a Bitch

I think a prequel comic series centered around Kratos life in Sparta to his service to the gods, specifically the tasks we never saw, and his time as God of war could be nice.
Ye, the 2010 comic where he also kills Gyges, and where his infant daughter is afflicted with a plague.

Helios gets resistance to extreme heat and all the others for the feat in sun's core
Ah.

And I meant Kratos' Olympian, titan, and primordial family. Each of them have showings of type 1 self sustenance
Understood.

Helios gets resistance to extreme heat and all the others for the feat in sun's cor
This would also be from His champion who was able to be unburied by a forest fire thanks to his blessing
It'd remain only with Greeks, unless the swimming portion in GOW Ragnarok shows us something else. (I hope the Water levels come back)
I know; I brought up the Norse since we have the Void and that one place in Rag’s trailer
48 in GOW1, 60 in GOW2. There's at least a 12-and-a-half-year gap between GOW1 and GOW2/3.
I believe it’s 14 specifically but something like that
There's so much of Greek mythology GOW never touched on. That sucks
It’s always been weird to me that we never meet Apollo or Artemis in the actual games. Imagine them being a 2V1

This would also be from His champion who was able to be unburied by a forest fire thanks to his blessing
Nice.

I believe it’s 14 specifically but something like that
Day 4603 is Icarus's final entry into his journal before Zeus imprisons him.

It’s always been weird to me that we never meet Apollo or Artemis in the actual games. Imagine them being a 2V1
Apollo, yes. But Artemis we do indeed directly meet in GOW1 when she gives you her blade that she used to slay a Titan.

yeah Egyptian Mythology would be awesome, back in 2016-2018 interviews i think cory said Egyptian Myth is very very complicated and complex Myth. That is why SMS decided to go with Norse.

Also regarding greek one, i would love to see kratos meet with some famous philosopher like Plato.

Ultimately the choice of the mythology came down to Norse and Egyptian and the devs were even split between the two so Cory made the final choice to go with Norse and he made a presentation for his reasonings to explain to the whole team. Cory knew about AC origins being in the works before it was ever announced and kinda didn't want people to think GOW was following the Egyptian game trend. Greece's geographical distance from Scandinavia also played a role in Cory's choice.

I think Egypt is for sure the next mythology that's gonna be explored in GOW.

still wondering how SMS tackle the fact that each myth has it's own historical time creation.

we know egypt is the oldest myth and shinto is the youngest one ? Unless Hypertime involved here.

still wondering how SMS tackle the fact that each myth has it's own historical time creation.

we know egypt is the oldest myth and shinto is the youngest one ? Unless Hypertime involved here.
It seems like they’re going with each mythology bubbling up at a somewhat relative time they appeared in human history. It seems that in GOW, Norse mythology came after Greek mythology. However, within the boundaries of the geographical location and culture of these mythologies, Norse myth existed simultaneously during the Greek myth and just like the Greek myth, has it’s own creation story.

I’m unsure if they’re going the hypertime route or not but the way it works is something more complicated the just hypertime it seems.

so.............................. each myth creation of stories has relative time based on human story interpretation but at the same time all myth existed simultaneously .........

so we can say Norse and other myth can exist at any point of time...

Btw after Egypt SMS should explore Judaism and Shinto, only fraction of people still believe those religion.

so.............................. each myth creation of stories has relative time based on human story interpretation but at the same time all myth existed simultaneously .........

so we can say Norse and other myth can exist at any point of time...
Pretty much. The only myths or belief systems that probably don’t exist within the verse YET is modern religions that are largely monotheistic. I think Cory Barlog mentioning something about playing with the idea that Kratos is gonna be the connection for all the polytheistic religions and is apart of the reason why modern monotheism comes to exist or something. I also remember a GOW dev mention something about monotheistic Gods being considered the “New God/s” while the polytheistic Gods are considered old or something but I’m not sure if they are still going with that idea.

Pretty much. The only myths or belief systems that probably don’t exist within the verse YET is modern religions that are largely monotheistic. I think Cory Barlog mentioning something about playing with the idea that Kratos is gonna be the connection for all the polytheistic religions and is apart of the reason why modern monotheism comes to exist or something. I also remember a GOW dev mention something about monotheistic Gods being considered the “New God/s” while the polytheistic Gods are considered old or something but I’m not sure if they are still going with that idea.
ohh i see.. Also would be interesting to see that if new god/s (monotheistic) are more powerful than polytheistic Gods. i think that would be consistent in GoW verse.

Original plan by Jaffe for GOW3 was that Kratos's massacre on all pantheons would lead to the Three Wise Men seeking the North Star and establishing Christianity.

Back