• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Tbf, visually they have similar scale.

• Creating a canyon.
  • Pushing a massive bridge.
  • Flipping a temple.
  • Shrugging off a fall that caused his shield to glow in re-entry.
  • Holding his own against Baldur, who knocked out the World Serpent.
Makes me wonder what tiers the Norse saga characters would be if only visual gameplay feats were used and Greek scaling was ignored

Back to where Kratos belongs.And thats Multi-Continentlevel

I can accept the same universe (I'm personally not a fan of higher dimensional GoW), but part of the same planet in the same sense as Earth continents/countries literally falls apart if you think about the fact that the 9 realms themselves are geographically/temporally separated from each other and the Yggdrasil, not to mention that there is a realm between realms that he kind of just handwaves away simply because Kratos realm travelled through unknown means that he can't replicate. This is supported by the fact that Cory Barlog himself says it's a geographical divide more akin to galactic clusters spread across the universe.

These explanations also really don't mesh with the fact that not using the Unity Stone causes almost anyone in the story to literally break apart while trying to fall of the Yggdrasil's branches (Kratos was an exception at one point as Bruno points out here, but for unknown reasons that no longer apply to him), or how Tyr and Kratos actually used the Unity Stone in-game.

TL;DR I think you're taking it too literally.

Last edited:

Ah yes, callously ignoring Cory talking about that "Greater Universe that contains the universes that the pantheons themselves have control over", ignoring the fact that interpantheon wars don't happen and Pantheon BS doesn't spill over to other pantheons, multiple Underworlds not coming into conflict with each other, Gaia and Sisters **** around and find out with continents and shit yet no other Pantheon suffers from their side-effects, Poseidon was the god of all seas which would conflict with the High 6-A narrative and would directly come into conflict with Njord, etc. etc., also LITERALLY ******* FLIES IN THE FACE OF ASCENSION AND EACH PANTHEON COEXISTING WITH ITS OWN CREATION MYTH SO THAT ALL OF THE CREATION MYTHS ARE VALID. Also also, Sisters of Fate's Threads spanning all of life and time in the Greek World (If it affected the Norse World Odin would be royally ****** over by them).

Also the "Greek World" tweet actually blatantly works against this. It thoroughly implies separation of pantheons so that shoots your ******* argument in the leg even harder, especially considering the realms in the Greek Pantheon and the context of Chains of Olympus where nuking the World Pillar threatened to nuke the Greek Pantheon back to Chaos.

Tbf, I think it still could make sense, but only if God of War was a layered cosmology similar to the 9 realms themselves but on a grander scale (which I'd argue Bruno's almost trying to suggest here).

The fact is, though, it doesn't make sense at all if you simply see geographical regions in the myths as anything similar to 'he's in Scotland, and he's in Greece, so they're 3700 km apart.'

Also, "cut that distance" sounds blatantly like Dimensional Travel Hax. Doesn't help that Kratos can no longer back and forth physically anymore without the Unity Stone, which is also gone now.

Tbf, I think it still could make sense, but only if God of War was a layered cosmology similar to the 9 realms themselves but on a grander scale (which I'd argue Bruno's almost trying to suggest here).
Interesting.

Maybe he could amp Fernir's claws to tear into the Egyptian world, or just sail there via boat with no explanation.

And that's another thing about realm separation; rifts exist.

Let's not even forget the fact that the Norse Realms finally have confirmation to be straight up separate space-time continuums thanks to Realm Shift BS that further supports the Realm Tears from GoW2018.

Greece is kinda an obvious deal because of the Underworld, Mortal World, Domain of Death and Dream World of Morpheus Shenanigans.

High 3-A is the absolute lowest you can take this solely because of the Underworld and Mortal World, no more below that however.

That Asgard has an edge scan is funny to me because you can see an entire mountain-line leading behind it, clearly indicating that 'wanted to create the sense' literally just refers to the fact that they just wanted to create the sense and not actually suggest that's the idea, and that the explorable map only portrays a small portion of the world.

Is the guy obliviousV
LITERALLY ******* FLIES IN THE FACE OF ASCENSION AND EACH PANTHEON COEXISTING WITH ITS OWN CREATION MYTH SO THAT ALL OF THE CREATION MYTHS ARE VALID.
lmfao peak of misunderstanding
Ok, let's settle down here a bit (it's not that unruly, I just want to nip this in the bud in case it gets toxic). Superscharbe didn't murder our dogs, he just has a different opinion.

Ok, let's settle down here a bit (it's not that unruly, I just want to nip this in the bud in case it gets toxic). Superscharbe didn't murder our dogs, he just has a different opinion.
Oh? I didn't know about Superscharbe , just about that Imgur link (which superscharbe didn't make) and I was talking about the link and its contents rather then the person

Oh? I didn't know about Superscharbe , just about that Imgur link (which superscharbe didn't make) and I was talking about the link and its contents rather then the person
I wonder who did, then. Because it was made yesterday.
But he's screaming for Asura, he's not actually Asura.
On this note, it was supposed to be Azura. But I'm neither smart nor wise, so I ****** that up.

Is this the new version of that "Kratos overrated" imgur post?
Yes, all of it falls apart with GOW Ascension existing, all creation myths being valid and coexisting with each other, Asgard having a massive mountainous landscape even behind the "edge", Kratos being unable to physically go back without Unity Stone which "cuts distance" which is blatant hax, Greek World tweet further shoots it in the foot with the Pantheons being separate, literally hammered multiple times that Pantheons are separated by geographical divides, Interpantheon bullshit still doesn't happen, bullshit from other Pantheons like Gaia breathing in continents and Sisters of Fate sinking continents doesn't happen in other pantheons, Vanaheim day-night cycle change or the timestop bullshit does not affect other realms, Realm Shift BS that confirms the Realms to be separate space-time continuums, multiple Underworlds are not in conflict with each other, Poseidon is the god of all seas which would come into conflict with Njord but it doesn't, the whole "Same Earth" tweets are blatantly in reference to the "greater universe" that Cory talked about where all the pantheons coexist and have control over their own universes.

It's almost as if being on the same "Earth" doesn't tell anything about that "Earth's" true size given the above. Just ask Elder Scrolls, DC, FATE and a couple more to go around.

Yes, all of it falls apart with GOW Ascension existing, all creation myths being valid and coexisting with each other, Asgard having a massive mountainous landscape even behind the "edge", Kratos being unable to physically go back without Unity Stone which "cuts distance" which is blatant hax, Greek World tweet further shoots it in the foot with the Pantheons being separate, literally hammered multiple times that Pantheons are separated by geographical divides, Interpantheon bullshit still doesn't happen, bullshit from other Pantheons like Gaia breathing in continents and Sisters of Fate sinking continents doesn't happen in other pantheons, Vanaheim day-night cycle change or the timestop bullshit does not affect other realms, Realm Shift BS that confirms the Realms to be separate space-time continuums, multiple Underworlds are not in conflict with each other, Poseidon is the god of all seas which would come into conflict with Njord but it doesn't, the whole "Same Earth" tweets are blatantly in reference to the "greater universe" that Cory talked about where all the pantheons coexist and have control over their own universes.

It's almost as if being on the same "Earth" doesn't tell anything about that "Earth's" true size given the above. Just ask Elder Scrolls, DC, FATE and a couple more to go around.
so the "Earth" is actually a gigantic structure?

Didn't Obi once show us a advertisement for Chains of Olympus which shows Atlas grabbing onto Sun?

So even Greece had that.
yea just found the trailer, it gives good shots of the Greek pantheon sun and plane/mortal world
Screenshot_2023-02-16-17-37-29-69_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

IMG_20230216_182136.jpg

so the "Earth" is actually a gigantic structure?
The "world" is actually the greater universe to which all the Pantheons belong to , all the pantheons exist among the lands , these lands containing the nine realms for example , and all these lands make up the world/greater universe.

Back