• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

You're talking about infinite number of branches that branch on top of each other and transcends each other, right? ( I know this scan)
Yeah, the one where he confirms that Yggdrasil's branches transcends themselves infinitely on a spatiotemporal dimensional level, with each branch becoming infinitely larger and more complex than the one below.

Is the email real? No clue. Is the email address for Cory real? Yes.

The debunks in the Norse saga are even funnier because none of its feats occur out of gameplay;

• Kratos and Baldur creating a canyon.
  • Kratos flipping a temple.
  • Kratos moving a bridge around.
  • Atreus and him falling from over a thousand feet up without a scratch.
  • Kratos tanking a blast that blew of Thamur's finger with ease.
  • Thor and Jormugandr shaking the Nine Realms.
  • etc.
Baldur sending a world-size Snake fly with some punches as well.

Keep forgetting to ask but what's the general consensus about all the abilites of the Bifrost and whether or not if Odin gets to have them all listed (Including realm shift shenanigans)

Odin and potentially Freya and Nidhogg will get all of them. Realm Shift isn't a Bifrost mechanic specifically IIRC.

good, keep losing to my Meliodas 2-B
black-guy-getting-smacked-down.gif

I hope the scan is real
It's likely real. The GoW 2018 guidebook also talks about "sheets of reality" in the Revenant scan.
RhmoTJI.jpg

Cory confirmed that the Gmail convo is real on Gmail chat as well:-

Eric Williams confirmed the FB Yggdrasil scan as well as explained what these "sheets of reality" are in FB DMs too. I had a convo with him. He made a temporary FB account where he wasn't very active. Go through this post thoroughly:-

But we can't use all this, for obvious reasons (site standards).

Last edited:
It's likely real. The GoW 2018 guidebook also talks about "sheets of reality" in the Revenant scan.
RhmoTJI.jpg

Eric Williams confirmed the FB Yggdrasil scan as well as explained what these "sheets of reality" are in FB DMs too. I had a convo with him. He made a temporary FB account where he wasn't very active. Go through this post thoroughly:-

But we can't use all this, for obvious reasons.

All together. If the accuracy of the scan I mentioned is 100% proven, it deserves a high scale. Of course with this supports

Last edited:
RhmoTJI.jpg

But we can't use all this, for obvious reasons (site standards).

May the VSB gods allow us to use these scans...

RhmoTJI.jpg
This is only in reference to bypassing the intangibility.

We've gone through this song and dance. The FB scan isn't real, Gmail scan is whatever.

This is even worse. Eric Williams doesn't have one shred of social media IRL. Zero. Zilch. Nada. It's incredibly sus to think he'd make an account just for you to answer your questions and then delete it when all is said and done.

We've gone through this song and dance. The FB scan isn't real, Gmail scan is whatever.
I'm still asking if the scan is correct because it might be correct.The most important thing is to have proof.
This is even worse. Eric Williams doesn't have one shred of social media IRL. Zero. Zilch. Nada. It's incredibly sus to think he'd make an account just for you to answer your questions and then delete it when all is said and done.
I know that.

I'm still asking if the scan is correct because it might be correct.The most important thing is to have proof.
Honestly, seems like the scan just got mishmashed haphazardly with bits from the novel and Lore and Legends to try and prove something here.

It's gonna need to be more concrete, like say, Bayonetta.

This is only in reference to bypassing the intangibility.

No. It literally says that The Revenant physically shifts between sheets of reality.

The FB scan is likely real as it uses a term given in the 2018 guidebook. But, its veracity depends on if Cory's Gmail and Gmail chat convos are real or not. We can neither definitively confirm nor deny that. Eric does confirm the scan's legitimacy in FB DMs, though. And his FB account was likely real.

The account was there for almost a month. There's no reason to believe that account was fake:-

1. The responses were in-depth and lore accurate.

2. He actually said that he'll have to contact Marianne when I asked him about the Temple of Helios scans, as he didn't work in creating that minigame. He asks her and replies later.

3. If someone had to impersonate a GoW dev, they would impersonate Cory since he's way more known than Eric.

4. Eric literally says that he isn't very active on FB in the same chat. That's probably why he deleted that account.

5. It makes more sense to assume that Eric created a temporary FB account out of curiosity (as he never had a social media account before), instead of assuming that it was just a really good impersonator trolling around as Eric and waiting for someone to reach out to him (for asking questions relating to the GoW lore).

6. His responses actually line up with what he has said in the interviews and what other devs have said answering similar questions.

7. He actually said that some of the scans are indeed fake, while some are real. If he was a troll, he would've likely either denied or confirmed all the scans.

8. My friend also had a convo with him (linked in my post), and there also his responses were in-depth and lore accurate. He also says that he can't answer a question about GoW: Ascension's multiplayer (as he didn't work on it). Again, a troll wouldn't have said that.

Honestly, seems like the scan just got mishmashed haphazardly with bits from the novel and Lore and Legends to try and prove something here.
There is no conclusive proof that it is wrong or right. It would be best to find out. But you are right, it cannot be said as "canon" at the moment.
It's gonna need to be more concrete, like say, Bayonetta.
The only way to find out is to ask Cory. :)

I have a question. What's the timezone of the person who took the screenshots?

Can people stop bringing up those "scans" as though they even matter? There's all of 1 mention of sheets of reality and all it's about is how Revenants can become intangible and teleport. Even assuming the developers actually posted them, they're supported by nothing else in the entire series, primary or secondary canon be damned.

This is how the misconception of our scaling being primarily WoG comes to be.

No. It literally says that The Revenant physically shifts between sheets of reality.
That means nothing for transcendence. R>F rules are way more complicated and stricter than that.

The FB scan is likely real as it uses a term given in the 2018 guidebook. But, its veracity depends on if Cory's Gmail and Gmail chat convos are real or not. We can neither definitively confirm nor deny that. Eric does confirm the scan's legitimacy in FB DMs, though. And his FB account was likely real.
This term is also used in Lore and Legends and it doesn't use it to represent higher existence stuff.

The account was there for almost a month. There's no reason to believe that account was fake:-

1. The responses were in-depth and lore accurate.

2. He actually said that he'll have to contact Marianne when I asked him about the Temple of Helios scans, as he didn't work in creating that minigame. He asks her and replies later.

3. If someone had to impersonate a GoW dev, they would impersonate Cory since he's way more known than Eric.

4. Eric literally says that he isn't very active on FB in the same chat. That's probably why he deleted that account.

5. It makes more sense to assume that Eric created a temporary FB account out of curiosity (as he never had a social media account before), instead of assuming that it was just a really good impersonator trolling around as Eric and waiting for someone to reach out to him (for asking questions relating to the GoW lore).

6. His responses actually line up with what he has said in the interviews and what other devs have said answering similar questions.

7. He actually said that some of the scans are indeed fake, while some are real. If he was a troll, he would've likely either denied or confirmed all the scans.

8. My friend also had a convo with him (linked in my post), and there also his responses were in-depth and lore accurate. He also says that he can't answer a question about GoW: Ascension's multiplayer (as he didn't work on it). Again, a troll wouldn't have said that.
One small problem: THE ONLY WAY TO PROPERLY CONTACT ERIC WILLIAMS IS VIA ACTUAL INTERVIEWS. Which automatically destroys the entire premise of these scans seemingly made by "Eric". Staying for a month and then terminating the account like that and then disappearing just for one person is reaching it.

I'm only going to say it one time, Eric-related scans on socials and DMs have a massively high chance to be fake, especially this one. Also, why Facebook of all places? Why not Twitter or LinkedIn? That makes them even more sus.

I was just about to say that, as well. They don't mention an infinite number of sheets.

Regardless, if those screenshots turn out to be real (other than what KLOL said, I don't have that much reason to suspect they're fake), I do think they should be admissible as evidence (not proof, mind you) because they're not completely leading questions for the most part.

Page 97.

"The crazy chant of the first seidr witch I had met had me so spooked I could hardly move! Her fluttery shroud is magic, and it lets her teleport around us; Father says she "slips between sheets of reality." Revenants are almost impossible to beat unless we work together as a team, because Father can't hit her without my help. My arrows dissolve the witch's shroud for a few seconds, and then Father can rush in and hammer the old shrew with a barehanded combo."

I posted this in the Thor vs Kratos thread instead of here. Just my ******* luck.

31:51

Kratos's journey in Shovel Knight as per Cory is officially canon to both GoW and SK, it's one of his many adventures on his journey to Scandinavia set between GoW3 and GoW2018. His appearance was deliberately implemented to hint at his journey between myths.

I posted this in the Thor vs Kratos thread instead of here. Just my ******* luck.

31:51

Kratos's journey in Shovel Knight as per Cory is officially canon to both GoW and SK, it's one of his many adventures on his journey to Scandinavia set between GoW3 and GoW2018. His appearance was deliberately implemented to hint at his journey between myths.

Cool. Seems weird that he had the Nemean Cestus in that game though

Also 2-C and Infinite speed Shovel Knight upgrade???

Back