• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

It's actually explained well in the novel, all the Gods were hammering at Zeus to stop Kratos the right way, by killing him and taking all his powers of a god and directly sending him into Tartarus to suffer. But Zeus chose the kinder way of tricking Kratos into draining his power into the Sword and then killing him while he's mortal, using a technicality, and when the others hamper Zeus on why he did it the way he did due to which Kratos is now wreaking havoc in the Island of Creation, Zeus breaks and threatens to erase his fellow Gods with his blade beyond non-existence.

I also find it hilariously funny just how absurdly bad the "Kratos antifeats" imgur album is.

Like it's so bad, that for every antifeat, you'd find a feat wanking Kratos to the high heavens not even half a paragraph later.

Hydra and Shark threatening to send Kratos to Hades? Kratos's chains crack the Hydra's teeth, said Hydra's main head dwarfing the ships, and states that when Kratos braces properly no force on Earth can crush him.

The novels also consistently show Kratos surviving blows that are straight up stated to be fatal to lesser mortals. These aspects are also rife with extreme racism against Athenians LMAO.

Kratos surviving fireballs the size of buildings.

Getting slammed into the mast of a ship by the Hydra and the mast breaks first, but not Kratos.

Minotaurs throw axes hard enough to gore people but Kratos stops them dead in their tracks with his bare hands by the handle (Even the handle was being hurled with enough force to kill a man), he doesn't even flinch and then he mollywhops them.

Threatened by high falls and spikes in Pandora's Temple? Unable to go through wooden and iron doors? ENTIRE TEMPLE IS MAGICAL AND IS BUILT OF METALS THAT WILL CHIP OUT THE BLADES OF CHAOS. SIKE, MOFO.

When they use that feat of being unable to cut a tree and needing 5 axe strikes, they callously forget the early dev videos of Kratos slamming Baldur through trees like it's ******* pinball, nevermind the fact that in the final game literally rolling into a tree causes it to disintegrate into dust at the slightest contact, and then Kratos rams Baldur through a tree and then rips it up and then lances Baldur through a ******* rock with it.

kratos should have plot hax for it
I’ll be Zeus’s assistant/consultant. Aka I’ll tell him what he needs to do/be pragmatic.

you remember the Dorkly videos where there was a guy named Kevin and he acted as the assistant/consultant to various villains, helping them win by telling them what they need to do/correct/pragmatic.

that’s what I’ll do be Zeus’s Kevin aka pragmatic villainy

I’ll be Zeus’s assistant/consultant. Aka I’ll tell him what he needs to do/be pragmatic.

you remember the Dorkly videos where there was a guy named Kevin and he acted as the assistant/consultant to various villains, helping them win by telling them what they need to do/correct/pragmatic.

that’s what I’ll do be Zeus’s Kevin aka pragmatic villainy
you meant dumb villain, but alright

Yeah cause Zeus was acting as a dumbass and it’s up to pokemonfan to teach him the simplest and most efficient way to end kratos once and for all.

no Bond villain stupidity or anything just kill kratos on the spot. (No long monologues or anything just die)
maybe give him a calmant, kratos with no rage is weak right?

They must be doing this because they’re just jealous of how much of a chad kratos is.

maybe it’s also because they suck at the game, another reason to downplay him.
This entire "anti-feat" thread gets debunked by the last chapter of the GoW1 Novel itself where Kratos sees all wars and all forms of combat throughout all of time.

Or the Hydra part. Or the Minotaur part. Or the Temple of Pandora being magical and forged of metals stronger than the BoC. Or Kratos one-shotting trees by ramming Baldur through or playing pinball with his helpless body in the early development builds. Oh so many "anti-feats" debunked by "extreme wank" not even half a paragraph later.

This entire "anti-feat" thread gets debunked by the last chapter of the GoW1 Novel itself where Kratos sees all wars and all forms of combat throughout all of time.

Or the Hydra part. Or the Minotaur part. Or the Temple of Pandora being magical and forged of metals stronger than the BoC. Or Kratos one-shotting trees by ramming Baldur through or playing pinball with his helpless body in the early development builds. Oh so many "anti-feats" debunked by "extreme wank" not even half a paragraph later.
GOW downplayers =

L + Ratio + Oath Breaker + No Family + Another stunning failure + Touch Elysium Fields

I'm being nitpicky, but I think immensely superior should just be changed to superior to Sigrun on Freya's profile.

She's definitely stronger, but Sigrun became queen after, and Gná, Sigrun and Freya are all relative to Kratos. Also, Freya became queen partially due to nepotism/Odin's manipulations.
Sigrun motivations behind her ranking should be "stronger than Baldur as confirmed by kratos in the codex."

Here ya go:

Imagine this man's reaction when he learns that Gods fall way faster than mortals, or that Perses was tossing those flaming boulders at Kratos.

And that Smash/Isaac Clarke stuff is just stupid.

Last edited:
50% of it is just he struggled with Giants, Dark Elfs, Barbarians, etc, as if those are meaningful metrics in any way.

It'd be like if I said Goku can't be Planet level because he's weaker than Tarble. Like, why does that mean anything? You'd have to establish that Tarble is or isn't baseline Planet level.

50% of it is just he struggled with Giants, Dark Elfs, Barbarians, etc, as if those are meaningful metrics in any way.
Another 50% is stuff that gets debunked with worse wank, especially in the case of GoW1 Novel.

It's as if people think that Kratos not breaking small amounts of rock or metal contradicts all of the instances of him breaking rock and metal, or overpowering 1,500 foot Titans who have to lift very heavy objects.

I don't like this 2-C stuff, I've made that clear, but even visually the world pillar is gargantuan.

Some people really need to pick a lane. I've seen to many instances where 'Kratos isn't Tier 2' becomes 'here's a bunch of Street level feats'.

Last edited:
It's as if people think that Kratos not breaking small amounts of rock or metal contradicts all of the instances of him breaking rock and metal, or overpowering 1,500 foot Titans who have to lift very heavy objects.

I don't like this 2-C stuff, I've made that clear, but even visually the world pillar is gargantuan.

Some people really need to pick a lane. I've seen to many instances where 'Kratos isn't Tier 2' becomes 'here's a bunch of Street level feats'.
Kratos is actually 10-C. Don't believe me? Here's this image and a 10 page document on why Kratos getting stabbed by Baldur with rock is a 10-C feat.

Half the time you also have to realise that the debunk is just the feat itself.

Kratos can't brute force his way through an iron door without weaponry, so he's probably in the 9-B range, right? Wrong. The doors were enchanted as stated in the same paragraph.

Kratos is unable to kill a living tree because it's too durable. 9-C Kratos? No because the tree was animated by Odin, or is some other variety of mystical being who doesn't follow the properties of every other piece of rock in the surrounding area. Hence why it's ******* alive to begin with.

You think you wouldn't need to explain otherwise-self-explanatory feats and game mechanics to people, but you do.

Last edited:
Back