• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

This is nothing, Gears of War 4 I heard could exceed 250+ GB
btw i just realized that 250GB+ due to multiplayer and 4K textures, bunch of maps assets and multiplayer content which does not contribute to file size of game main story. Gears of War 5 size only around 37GB

I saw a theory that Angrboda is Tyr's daughter and her mother is an Egyptian God since Tyr seems to have more of a connection with Eygpt than the other pantheons he visited. I've seen this theory being used as a way to explain why most of her and Atreus' children are creatures and animals like, because Egyptian Gods are typically depicted as animal/humanoids

I saw a theory that Angrboda is Tyr's daughter and her mother is an Egyptian God since Tyr seems to have more of a connection with Eygpt than the other pantheons he visited. I've seen this theory being used as a way to explain why most of her and Atreus' children are creatures and animals like, because Egyptian Gods are typically depicted as animal/humanoids
Yeah the reddit "leak" claimed this too. I believe it.

The reddit leak also claimed that the end of the game is Tyr requesting Kratos to go to Egypt to help angroboda's mother, which is how we'll get the next game in Egypt

I don't think Angroboda's mother is Egyptian goddess. It's pretty clear she is a giant race which has diverse appearances. I bet that giant jellyfish we saw in the trailer is actually a giant race too.

I think the theory is meant to be a headcanon (on SMS’s part) way to explain why Atreus and Loki’s children are monsters from an appearance standpoint in Norse myth while simultaneously expanding the GOW lore and introducing Egytian mythology.

i think the problems is people would imply she isn't native beings due to her skin in Norse realm. For sure SMS don't really like that. I would prefer she is native giant race in norse realm.

I would prefer her to be part Egyptian god and the daughter of Tyr since I think it would be cool if Kratos and Tyr develop a brotherhood as Gods of War with children that are hybrids and it could make the Egyptian pantheon the next mythology game an even stronger possibly.

If she is just a giant that would be cool but not as much though.

Thor's Tier 3/2 tho....? Unless it's like, stats equal.

Edit: Nvm, read MCU Thanos as MCU Thor.
Lol yeah I almost made that mistake typing that. Ironically I've seen people in YouTube and reddit comments saying GOW Thor would get clapped by MCU and Im ******* laughing at them. Little do they know this Thor can fight rune king Thor (he'd get haxxstomped)

But How do you think he'd fare against MCU Thanos?

Other way around actually
Yeah, both in the game and novel the Leviathan Axe is the one stated to be made Mjolnir's Equal.

Blades of Chaos laugh at them both in terms of strength and quality even when rusted to shit. Imagine if the Axe and Hammer ever faced the Blades of Athena, Blades of Exile, Nemean Cestus, or god forbid, the Blade of Olympus.

Although I think Odin will be a master manipulator in this game and hell he might've orchestrated Kratos arriving to Norse pantheon because he knew he went against fate in the Greek World. However, I do think Atreus, or rather Loki will ultimately be playing 10-D big brain chess to Odin's 4-D chess. Whether it's through time travel planning or whatever.

For the love if god I hope SMS don’t do anymore cool enemies like they did the werewolves in GOW2018 and have them only show up like a handful of times. I literally only fought against them maybe 4 times on GMGOW and one of those times was during a side quest that took me by surprise because I completely forgot they existed in the game.

It's all too samey honestly. And the previous games were more creative with enemies.

Also I miss the gore. Gow 4 was honestly T rated in that aspect (except for that werewolf kill, shit was brutal)

Tlou2 has some of the best gore in gaming and is probably one of the most violent games ever made.

Imagine gore like that in Ragnarok.

Back