• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

They should make Atreus' normal arrows behave differently depending on what summon is equipped or while the summon is active

Regarding this, I do wonder how and why Deimos was kept around that long. I would assume that the prophecy of a marked warrior would spur Zeus to kill him but he seemingly just sent Ares and Athena to capture him and lock him away, where any deity could just strike a deal with Thanatos to turn him into a weapon against the gods.
Because you aren't allowed to kill family. Zeus is deadset about that. But by the time of GoW2 Zeus just hows gringo loco simping for Kratos's death.

Because you aren't allowed to kill family. Zeus is deadset about that. But by the time of GoW2 Zeus just hows gringo loco simping for Kratos's death.
Fairly sure it was gods specifically not being allowed to fight and kill each other more than anything. He certainly had little issue with Kratos killing his siblings (Ares and Persephone).

That rule exists exactly to avoid familial homicides. Novels shed light on this Philosophy somewhat.
That's why Zeus didn't kill Titans but merely imprisoned them, although he enjoys their torment he still doesn't want to kill them if avoidable.
Kratos in all his Greek games has already committed sacrilege of killing family, so he is already doomed. That's why he isn't awarded relief from his Nightmares. Zeus considers too much of a sin to be pushed under the mat.
Kratos killing Ares and Persephone isn't a major problem because their were higher stakes involved and Kratos doesn't even know they are siblings.

Why Doesn't Norse Kratos have Shockwave Generation?

His blows create gold shockwaves, and he has Talismans that create them.
Because shockwaves created from pure physical strength no longer count (They're now just a side effect of your strength), you have to be able to shoot out shockwave blasts now.

Because shockwaves created from pure physical strength no longer count (They're now just a side effect of your strength), you have to be able to shoot out shockwave blasts now.
Doesn't Hel's Touch do that? Or am I misremembering?

Doesn't Hel's Touch do that? Or am I misremembering?
Hel's Touch qualifies for Shockwave Generation and Stat Effect Inducement, aye.

Nemean Cestus too, it can generate powerful focused shockwaves that can knock back Kratos and even temporarily stun him without needing to hit the ground, effectively Hercules uses them like a stun gun shooting powerful blasts as bullets.

I think there’s a chance the giant jellyfish creature in the trailer is nidhogg. In the real myth, Nidhogg chews on the roots of the world tree from Niflheim/Helheim (They are the same realm/one exist within the other in real myth).

On the Ragnarok cloth map of the world tree, Helheim is the bottom most realm that’s sitting on roots of the tree and it has a drawing what appears to be a creature and that creature is the only thing Ive seen in the god of war norse world that looks similiar to the jellyfish from the trailer.

If that is nidhogg, the reason it’s in Alheim in the trailer is anyone’s guess. I think it’s possible it’s story might’ve been tweaked and instead of chewing at the world tree’s roots to collapse the cosmos, it’s possible it was trapped in Helheim by Odin or something using the roots of the tree.

That....makes no sense, but hey site rules. But anyway he still has 2 Talismans that specifically create shockwaves like The Talisman of rejuvenated fury and horn of Heimdall (which is basically just an extension of his regular hold R2 shield attack)

That....makes no sense, but hey site rules. But anyway he still has 2 Talismans that specifically create shockwaves like The Talisman of rejuvenated fury and horn of Heimdall (which is basically just an extension of his regular hold R2 shield attack)
CRT happened so uh, yeah. Shockwaves made from brute force strength don't count, they'd be side effects of strength.

But the Talisman stuff is fine. Shield stuff, not so much.

CRT happened so uh, yeah. Shockwaves made from brute force strength don't count, they'd be side effects of strength.

But the Talisman stuff is fine. Shield stuff, not so much.
Lol I'm happy there's no longer a difference between Vibration manipulation and Shockwave Generation. I guess if you think about it, really anyone very strong could make shockwaves, so I get it.

And the Horn of Heimdall Talisman isn't the exact same as the shield punch. The talisman creates a much larger shockwave. But We don't gotta use it, and could just apply the talisman of rejuvenated fury

Definitely low 1-C 2-C
Really? I was thinking more like High 6-C

But no I can see him being comparable to Baldur, maybe a lil bit stronger, but still below Kratos, Thor, and the World Serpent.

But we'll see, cuz apparently there's parts where he'll fight alongside you in combat during certain parts in the story.

Also, Freyr's servants have voice actors on IMDB as well so we definitely are getting Freyr and he's likey the guy Kratos was carrying in the trailer

Apparently, Ryan Hurst added things here and there while playing Thor that make him a little more sympathetic like trying to fight alcohol addiction for his wife and kids. He also mentioned they pitched the entire story to him back when covid started which is a good sign the story was planned well.

Last edited:
Yes I saw that. I figured he would be a more sympathetic guy. I feel like he drinks a lot to cope with Killing the giants, his kin basically, and is overweight because of it, and he has no real personal issue with them. And it's ******* him up inside.

I knew Thor's daughter would be in it. Virtually nothing is known about her, like Norse mythology as a whole (Vikings didn't record much of their history and culture) except for the fact that she may have been a Valkyrie.
There's plenty of Gods and figures who nothing is known about. Like Vali, A silent God of Vengeance who is destined to avenge his father Odin's death by killing the wolf, Fenrir, and later goes on to survive Ragnarok.

I've always thought Marvel Thor had some of the dopest lore in Marvel alongside Spider-Man, and I feel like Marvel doesn't explore this as well and GOW has with two games.

Been looking through a lot of god of war stuff and found this which is nothing crazy but more evidence for God of War's cosmology being the way we think it is.
I also found that when Kratos arrived in the Norse pantheon it caused a 3-year long winter in all the realms that made Odin think it was Fimbulwinter.
which means that he may not be bounded by ragnarok? or?

which means that he may not be bounded by ragnarok? or?
I think it's meant to be something cool that shows that Kratos is a walking sign of the apocalypse. Not sure if it's meant to mean anything else or is going to be brought up again in the future of the series.

They should add two runic attacks for both light and heavy slots so you have 4 in totally. press to use the first and hold to do the second runic attack for that slot.

Or change the runic attacks mechanic. Make pressing the runic attack button performs a quicker attack/enhancement with little to no cooldown (depending on the runic attack) at the cost of smaller damage/shorter duration of the runic attack and make holding the button do the runic attack as we know them in GOW2018.

Back