• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Dark Elf Lords were annoying AF in the Norse games. Most wraith variants in the old games. Other than that, not sure about the Greek games, since I dunno how much of it was them being bad or me being ass at playing.
The Ascension Talos solely for how one of their abilities had no ******* tell. Aside from that their fine

For me? The high-rank undead warriors from GoW1, one is enough to make you feel the rage irl, more of them? Destroy your entire house due of sheer rage against them lmao

Honestly I feel a Souls Influenced game would be perfect for the Norse, especially with light horror and dark fantasy
Exactly. I honestly think it fits the direction and style of the series overall. Just smarter AI that fights just like you, dodges, parries, blocks, magic attacks etc. And not just doing the same things over and over would be great.

I'm playing Bloodborne for the first time in a few years, and Father Gascoigne is one of my favorite bosses in the game and across all gaming, honestly for this very reason.

And a horror themed Lovecraft GOW is my ******* dream.

Imagine the monsters.

GoW 3 cut enemies.

latest

If your attacks can spawn on an enemy without having to shoot a projectile, is that homing attack>
Not really. It's just a range application.
Exactly. I honestly think it fits the direction and style of the series overall. Just smarter AI that fights just like you, dodges, parries, blocks, magic attacks etc. And not just doing the same things over and over would be great.

I'm playing Bloodborne for the first time in a few years, and Father Gascoigne is one of my favorite bosses in the game and across all gaming, honestly for this very reason.
Soulsborne games really do well on AI and boss design. Kinda hope that SSM takes some notes there. They're sorta making headway with the Valkyries and the like, so I have a good feeling they'll improve there.

Imagine the monsters.
Best part is that it's fully public domain so SSM can go completely ham with it. Imagine fighting a Shoggoth, that constantly changes shape and size. Or Hounds of Tindalos that teleport through corners and drag you trhough time during the fight. Or Nightgaunts and Hunting Horrors as Harpy substitutes.

19:02 Idk If y'all knew but going by the Ratatoskr asgard destruction shook the world tree to its very roots
Which is rather interseting

@KLOL Is Gyges just vulnerable to fire in general, or should we treat Apollo's fire and Hyperion's champion burning him as AP feats?
AP. The Hecatonchires in general are treated to be incredibly powerful beings.

Another reason I can surmise is because Helios and Apollo's fires are of a holy nature, Blades of Chaos and Athena too (Since Chaos is the birth mother of the Primordial fire after all).

Imagine the monsters.
Not gonna lie, not the biggest fan of souls-like elements in GoW, but it's fine i guess. My perfect GoW over the shoulder camera game would be something along the lines of DMC5 combat wise and with camera zoomed out more.

Yeah, Bloodborne was awesome. I want a sequel. Even tough it is one of those games were it really doesen't need a sequel i just can't help myself but to crave more.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but are we going to add a page for Faye? I believe there's enough evidence for her to have a page, since she was confirmed to have fought on-par against a drunk Thor, with their battle creating a frozen lightning bolt just like the one made when Kratos and Thor fought.

And something else that might've been discussed already: how powerful do you think Surtr is after becoming Ragnarok? Do you think his power surpassed all the other present gods like Thor or Odin and even the top-tier Greek gods like Zeus, or is there not enough evidence to say?

Dark Elf Lords were annoying AF in the Norse games. Most wraith variants in the old games. Other than that, not sure about the Greek games, since I dunno how much of it was them being bad or me being ass at playing.
Wraiths in GOWIII Aren't annoying, they're in fact one of the easiest enemies cause you can just spam grab until they're dead which gives you Invincibility frames when you do it.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but are we going to add a page for Faye? I believe there's enough evidence for her to have a page, since she was confirmed to have fought on-par against a drunk Thor, with their battle creating a frozen lightning bolt just like the one made when Kratos and Thor fought.
Yeah, she'd downscale massively tho.

And something else that might've been discussed already: how powerful do you think Surtr is after becoming Ragnarok? Do you think his power surpassed all the other present gods like Thor or Odin and even the top-tier Greek gods like Zeus, or is there not enough evidence to say?
LMFAO no, Thor was manhandling both Ragnarok and Jormungandr simultaneously with utter ease, he literally BFR'd Jormungandr before proceeding to focus on Kratos.

Not gonna lie, not the biggest fan of souls-like elements in GoW, but it's fine i guess. My perfect GoW over the shoulder camera game would be something along the lines of DMC5 combat wise and with camera zoomed out more.

Yeah, Bloodborne was awesome. I want a sequel. Even tough it is one of those games were it really doesen't need a sequel i just can't help myself but to crave more.
A souls like camera fits GOW perfectly. It allows for greater scale. And a Bloodborne sequel is a ******* must.
Scans? Or is it the Roar thing from the Gods?
Might be talking about the sonic attacks in Ragnarok

Back