• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

The big question : Is Odin really dead ??? lacking in-depth explanation during end-game content makes me uncertain.

Also why kratos only said odin is dead ? why not say odin souls destroyed or something ?
I wish there are NPC that asking "how odin died" during end-game content.

The big question : Is Odin really dead ??? lacking in-depth explanation during end-game content makes me uncertain.

Also why kratos only said odin is dead ? why not say odin souls destroyed or something ?
I wish there are NPC that asking "how odin died" during end-game content.
Pretty sure he is dead. Self explanatory.

I am also assuming destroying those soul balls means certain death since Angrboda got mad when Atreus got a little rough with one of them and told him to be careful.

Pretty sure he is dead. Self explanatory.

I am also assuming destroying those soul balls means certain death since Angrboda got mad when Atreus got a little rough with one of them and told him to be careful.
it's also possible that destroying those souls balls would means the giant soul escape to light of alfheim

Btw according to some users in SMS discord, it seems lead GoW dev ignoring twitter question about Odin death

Yeah, some pretty good stuff here. I'd also like to mention that Kratos basically gets teleported somewhere (Possibly Ares' dimension) and recieves his blades then gets teleported back, he even loses his armour. If it is indeed Ares' dimension that would mean he has Low Multiversal range for his hax as he basically killed an entire army via Biology manipulation and Fire manipulation from his dimension. I wonder how the novel describes this momment.
Actually, now that I think about it, that's pretty much what the whole "Can wipe out entire armies" refers to on Ares' profile. I should've seen it before.

Actually, now that I think about it, that's pretty much what the whole "Can wipe out entire armies" refers to on Ares' profile. I should've seen it before.
You mean under his Telekinesis abillity? I assumed so. It just needs more elaboration.

I am guessing all of that is going to be solved in the next CRT.

Yeah, Gaia needs primordial resistances. Possibly the Fates too.
Fates I'm not so sure about, but Gaia is a yes. She actually has them laid out in detail in GOW2.

Fates definitely get Type 2 Acausality bare minimum since whacking them in the present kills them throughout all of time. There are no multiple Sisters of Fate, only the main three.

Fates I'm not so sure about, but Gaia is a yes. She actually has them laid out in detail in GOW2.

Fates definitely get Type 2 Acausality bare minimum since whacking them in the present kills them throughout all of time. There are no multiple Sisters of Fate, only the main three.
Yeah Fates were probably born after the war so I'm not sure on them. They need resistance to Kratos Hax like Petrification and electricity manipulation.

Nyx too, but she's a liability solely because there ain't any SFW artwork of her. All her official art is NSFW.

Not sure what to give for Morpheus so uh...

Altough i would like to see an animated series based in The Greek Saga above all else.
Agreed, get Tartakovsky involved and expand on the Greek Arc. You can even have it be split like Arrow with a Modern Day Story and a Prequel story, so Season 1 could be Kratos vs Ares as the A Plot with Kratos' rise to power in Sparta being the B Plot

@KLOL Is Gyges just vulnerable to fire in general, or should we treat Apollo's fire and Hyperion's champion burning him as AP feats?

@KLOL Is Gyges just vulnerable to fire in general, or should we treat Apollo's fire and Hyperion's champion burning him as AP feats?
I'd say just weak to Fire, the inverse implies Apollo and Helios are > him when we know Gyges is Kratos' greatest foe at that point (implying he's > Ares) and he shouldn't be miles behind his brother Aegean

A small rant but...

Ghost of Sparta Wariths are objectively bad game design.
They cannot be knocked into air, every kind of knocking attack sends them underground. So you cannot even perform full combo strings on them for fear of sending them underground.
They can spam attacks from offscreen.
There's no discernable pattern and duration to their underground phase.
They cannot be pulled/forced out of ground.

But even this would have been all fine, if it weren't for that ******* annoying glitch in the game where every enemy grab with knock health off of you which you cannot avoid with even perfect QTE prompts. You will always take residual damage, which translates to significant portions of health on Very Hard mode shaved off.
So that means the underground lunge from Wariths will just kill you eventually, especially with multiple of them in arena and attacking off screen.

I hate those enemies.....**** them to oblivion!!!!!! Aaaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!

A small rant but...

Ghost of Sparta Wariths are objectively bad game design.
They cannot be knocked into air, every kind of knocking attack sends them underground. So you cannot even perform full combo strings on them for fear of sending them underground.
They can spam attacks from offscreen.
There's no discernable pattern and duration to their underground phase.
They cannot be pulled/forced out of ground.

But even this would have been all fine, if it weren't for that ******* annoying glitch in the game where every enemy grab with knock health off of you which you cannot avoid with even perfect QTE prompts. You will always take residual damage, which translates to significant portions of health on Very Hard mode shaved off.
So that means the underground lunge from Wariths will just kill you eventually, especially with multiple of them in arena and attacking off screen.

I hate those enemies.....**** them to oblivion!!!!!! Aaaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!
Preach!!!

I also hate that grab animation where they slash your face like a billion times.

Dark Elf Lords were annoying AF in the Norse games. Most wraith variants in the old games. Other than that, not sure about the Greek games, since I dunno how much of it was them being bad or me being ass at playing.

Back