• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

"(Resists Atreus's usage of Time Slow and Kratos's own usage of Realm Shift" so You can use kratos realm shift before killing heimdall? Interseting

Ingrid is such a powerful weapon come to think of it. A sentient sword that can hold back Sutr's realm destroying sword briefly, hold it's own against Mjolnir and block an Thor-backed attack from the former.

Seeing Tier 7 Kratos commit suicide via cliff makes me realise that developers and authors in general have a very, very exaggerated sense of fall damage whose basis seems unknown to me.

Like, a human sized being falling from orbit to the ground is like upper end Tier 9/low-end Tier 8 yet I'm pretty sure most authors would treat it as lethal for people who can withstand nukes.

Funny enough i recall novel saying ares deal gave kratos near olympian strength
But don't recall if there is any outlier for that or have the scan at me rn to check if there is extra context

Seeing Tier 7 Kratos commit suicide via cliff makes me realise that developers and authors in general have a very, very exaggerated sense of fall damage whose basis seems unknown to me.

Like, a human sized being falling from orbit to the ground is like upper end Tier 9/low-end Tier 8 yet I'm pretty sure most authors would treat it as lethal for people who can withstand nukes.
Supergirl and The Boys are some good examples.

Just a technicality, but I wouldn't say even base Surtr scales below them. Sure, Ragnarok didn't do shit to Thor, but unless I'm forgetting something that's more due to him not being able to get a hit. You could say the same thing about the Ragnarok Jormie, who (from his non-linear perspective) proceeds to match Thor evenly right after Ragnarok.

Surtr without Sinmara's power and primordial fire backhands Kratos and Atreus like it's nothing, and should be up there with Ymir to an extent since he's the second ever Jötunn and spawned from Ginnungagap itself.

That being said, final strike > Surtr.

sorry for blur but uhh does anyone have any idea about tyr temple height?
Trynna find the width if we use look from far ( a friend mentioned the calced width if we use Kratos staying next to it Would be too small for. 1 km iirc)

Surtr without Sinmara's power and primordial fire backhands Kratos and Atreus like it's nothing, and should be up there with Ymir to an extent since he's the second ever Jötunn and spawned from Ginnungagap itself.
To be fair, neither of them are particularly injured by it nor were they expecting to be flung away right off the bat.
That being said, final strike > Surtr.
Yeah. Also, doesn't he predate Ymir? Or am I misremembering? I know he does in mythology.

On another note, did Ragnarok dimension travel to Asgard, or did he just bust through Yggdrasil?
I think he only got to Asgard because of Gjallarhorn opening up all the realm towers and allowing everyone from all the realms swarm into Asgard.

Yeah there's certain things writers and developers always seem to treat as being more deadly then they actually are when compared to the feats their characters pull off. One of my favorite examples is from Ocarina of Time where Link at the end of the game (Who is High 6-C/High 6-A by that point) is at threat of being killed by a castle collapsing around him.

To be fair, neither of them are particularly injured by it nor were they expecting to be flung away right off the bat.
That's fair.
Yeah. Also, doesn't he predate Ymir? Or am I misremembering? I know he does in mythology.
Ymir comes first, then it's Surtr. Unlike the other giants, Surtr was never spawned from Ymir.

I think he only got to Asgard because of Gjallarhorn opening up all the realm towers and allowing everyone from all the realms swarm into Asgard.
Yes. This is an explicit plot point that IIRC even Surtr mentions. That Ragnarok'll come once the horn is blown.

Yeah there's certain things writers and developers always seem to treat as being more deadly then they actually are when compared to the feats their characters pull off. One of my favorite examples is from Ocarina of Time where Link at the end of the game (Who is High 6-C/High 6-A by that point) is at threat of being killed by a castle collapsing around him.
Try Marvel Thor being threatened by a fall from a cliff too.

My thoughts exactly. Thor might have the AP advantage if he's on par with Poseidon, but Ares might eventually catch up to him if he prolongs the fight, ignoring all his Hax.
His armor literally treated the Blades of Chaos as nothing more than an absolute joke. Ares also has a lot more hax to consistently dodge Thor's attacks and stay competitive with his Spider-Arms and Weapon Creation that would completely trash Mjolnir beyond repair.

And Poseidon if the Soul Manip/Deconstruction shit isn't enough to overcome Thor but Norse Pantheon sucks at being Resistance Cannons.
Oh yeah he can probably take Poseidon if he avoids being Atomized.
It's a pity that the Norse gods don't have as much as hax or Resistances as the Greeks
Yeah, that's cuz they only appear in 2 games and Magic attacks have been replaced.

What about the magic using gods like Freya and Odin? I think they should be able to have more resistances thanks to their magic. Same for Baldur: wouldn’t Freya’s spell let him ignore all the magic hax from the Greek gods?

Back