• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

7ds s3 and up is also part of netlix animatora work so uhh netlix japanese animators kinda risky
Yeah, Japanese animators are great (if overworked) but let's not forget messes like Seven Deadly Frames can happen with them on occasion.

Dear god, NNT still gets flak even in 2022?
I was a fan from 2017 or so and used to watch it with our classmates every week. Believe me, seeing the animation go from the quality of one to that of S3 was a physically painful blow.

Personally I think the team behind Castlevania and Blood of Zeus seem like a perfect fit for an animated adaption of God of War, preferably with some writers more familiar with the games then what they had for Castlevania.

Dear god, NNT still gets flak even in 2022?
Oh yeah it never stopped getting flak, it's very common to see people still ******** on it either for the animes poor animation or for the series having, uh, questionable relationships between certain characters

Personally I think the team behind Castlevania and Blood of Zeus seem like a perfect fit for an animated adaption of God of War, preferably with some writers more familiar with the games then what they had for Castlevania.
Oh yeah, that'd be sick.
Oh yeah it never stopped getting flak, it's very common to see people still ******** on it either for the animes poor animation or for the series having, uh, questionable relationships between certain characters
Was it Ban and Elaine? Or something else?

I've seen enough. Cease and desist.
Elizabeth is a repeated reincarnation of his first love, a member of the Goddess Clan, who's cursed to die shortly after remembering her past in any of her lives.

So it's likely just him still caring for that person rather than wanting a baby but I can see how it can be really misconstrued.

I've seen enough. Cease and desist.

also I don’t think Japanese animators do things well when it comes to stories that come from nearby asian countries.

aka Korean webtoons like god of high school and tower of god got Japanese animation. Since Japanese anime tropes/animation doesn’t fit well with other Asian series.

Was it Ban and Elaine? Or something else?
I can't remember but it was a character telling a dude she liked that she'd be a fully grown women and fine to marry him when she turns 16. Rubbed me the wrong way, but besides that I don't really find too much of the other relationships too weird besides sometimes raising an eyebrow with Ban and Elaine.

I can't remember but it was a character telling a dude she liked that she'd be a fully grown women and fine to marry him when she turns 16. Rubbed me the wrong way, but besides that I don't really find too much of the other relationships too weird besides sometimes raising an eyebrow with Ban and Elaine.
Tbf, if the dude played it off, I wouldn't mind it. It could just be a childish crush on the kid's part.

Ban and Elaine aren't too bad since she's one of those "actually 800 years old" deals.

Autodesk Maya is one of the most complicated software. Massive steep learning curve to learn. But from powerscaler perspective if you use that software and put it in the lore you can get tier-0 and all of Abilities easily due to using mathematical dimension hierarchy and nested programming stuff

Gamerrant is not necessarily accurate but they said this

The main reason is that most Japanese studios do not really fancy adapting Korean webtoons for obvious reasons. Anime, essentially, promotes the Japanese culture and way of life, and webtoons are different in content and style

Japanese animators can do other country stuff really well KLOL which is why I agree for GOW but give them anything related with Korea stuff and they are pretty terrible

Shouldn't Ares get Biological manipulation via him being able to casually make someone's head explode? (9m 58s)

Possibly summoning as the Harpies here appear from nothing and then form from the flames carrying Blades of Chaos. (10m 15s)

I also think it should be mentioned under his Fire manipulation abillity that he can instantly set multiple people on fire as shown in the video i sent. (10m 12s)

Last edited:
Shouldn't Ares get Biological manipulation via him being able to casually make someone's head explode? (9m 58s)

Holy shit, I completely forgot, he also violently twisted a dude at the backbone.

Possibly summoning as the Harpies here appear from nothing and then form from the flames carrying Blades of Chaos. (10m 15s)

Definitely

I also think it should be mentioned under his Fire manipulation abillity that he can instantly set multiple people on fire as shown in the video i sent. (10m 12s)
Damn, how the **** did I ignore all this.

Also does odin spear has some kind of Deconstruction or what? Since baldur and heimdall when they died weren't thanos snapped like thor

Also does odin spear has some kind of Deconstruction or what? Since baldur and heimdall when they died weren't thanos snapped like thor
Kinda confused. Greek Gods disintegrated into weird plagues when they died, minus Hera. Thor might be one of those weird examples where he disintegrates into lightning upon death. Honestly, I'm no longer certain anymore.

Holy shit, I completely forgot, he also violently twisted a dude at the backbone.

Definitely

Damn, how the **** did I ignore all this.
Yeah, some pretty good stuff here. I'd also like to mention that Kratos basically gets teleported somewhere (Possibly Ares' dimension) and recieves his blades then gets teleported back, he even loses his armour. If it is indeed Ares' dimension that would mean he has Low Multiversal range for his hax as he basically killed an entire army via Biology manipulation and Fire manipulation from his dimension. I wonder how the novel describes this momment.

They all got fodderized, hard. Persian King and Perseus especially.
Yes but so did the twins. Theseus impaled Kratos in a quick moment multiple times during their fight. Persian King could at least block Kratos attacks, true for Perseus, and Alrik definitely didn't get Fodderized.

They should at least downscale.

Back